What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Video Game Of All Time?

Munky

Coach
The best game ever was Goldeneye, I love that game, it was a revolution of the FPS. First game to feature difficulties which actually made doing each fun, had hit location damage, great multiplayer, good enemy AI and was a actually a good movie licenced game.

Perfect Dark was th complete game and had far to much in the package than the N64 could take. A simple remake on XBox (as MS own Rare now)would blow all other shooters but Halo away.

Most underated game of all time is Operation Flashpoint. It gives you the feel of actually being in a warzone. It was a year before BF1942 and actually has a single player mode. Raiding the clearing where the Soviets had their helicopters was an awesome feeling. Is easily the best conflict simulation made.

THe most fun game while it last was Conker's Bad Fur Day, A hilarious romp which spoofed popular culture with a foul mouth squirrel as the lead character.

Notable games include
Splinter Cell (Xbox) - Awesome, SCII gave it multiplayer and SCIII will see Sam with more uber cool moves

Metal Gear Solid series (PS2) - Awesome story, although the gameplay isn't as enthralling as Splinter Cell's.

Gran Turismo series (PS2) - Awesome, blows away all competitors

Pro Evo Soccer 3 (PS2) - Best sports game ever and has incredible gameplay depth, Fifa is slow, unresponsive and just can't compete, and I own the past 4 Fifa games.

Halo (XBox) - Woah, what graphics. Gameplay is repetitive but one on one with an Elite is always fun

Super Mario 64 (N64) - The start of a 3D revolution, where games really used the extra axis.

GTA III and VC (PS2, XBox and PC) - GTA III blew me away, VC is the complete product with licenced music, big name actors and a bucket load of things to do.

Half Life (PC) - While I was never in love with this game, t had the same effect as Goldeneye, a story driven, immersive thinkathon as well as blastathon. Put Quake 2, Unreal, Sin and the rest to shame.

Most anticipated

Gran Turismo 4 - Should be brilliant

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Snake (Solid or Big Boss?) in the jungle in the 60s

Halo 2: 'nuff said

GTA: San Andreas: Will be great.

Booyah

Bench
The best game ever was Goldeneye, I love that game, it was a revolution of the FPS. First game to feature difficulties which actually made doing each fun, had hit location damage, great multiplayer, good enemy AI and was a actually a good movie licenced game

Thank god someone mentioned the best console based multiplayer game of the century.

Goldeneye 007 was unreal. I played that so much I eventually destroyed the joystick on my 64.

My favourite arcade game was the original Street Fighter, and the original Metal Slug.

Le Rouge

Juniors
PS2
-SOCOM 2
-Conflict Desert Storm 2 (it's fun shooting at Iraqi's :clap: :badgrin: )
-Madden
-Hitman 2
-Grand Theft Auto's
-Tekken tag
-Mortal Kombat DA
-NBA live 2004

Anonymous

Juniors
Pro Evo Soccer 3 (PS2) - Best sports game ever and has incredible gameplay depth, Fifa is slow, unresponsive and just can't compete, and I own the past 4 Fifa games.

word. I only voted for ISS Pro Evo because it's the game that I played for years and years. But PES3 is the best yet.