What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green throws down gauntlet to Mundine

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
doesn't need the fight i could name a ton of boxers that would kill him... hes ducked fights his whole life and will continue to do so hes a "stats" fighter meaning that he will retire with a record of like 50+ wins 3 losses or wateva it is and use it to tell everyone how great is, when really it doesn't show how awful he fighters hes fought really are.. wish i had a spare 10mill hanging around so i could pay Taylor to shut him up

andrew057

First Grade
doesn't need the fight i could name a ton of boxers that would kill him... hes ducked fights his whole life and will continue to do so hes a "stats" fighter meaning that he will retire with a record of like 50+ wins 3 losses or wateva it is and use it to tell everyone how great is, when really it doesn't show how awful he fighters hes fought really are.. wish i had a spare 10mill hanging around so i could pay Taylor to shut him up

I dont think anyone execpt Anthony would deny hes fought a lot of crap in his career. doesnt take away from the fact he makes millions every year fighting these stiffs and absolutely humiliated Green in front of the whole nation years ago.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
So he didnt say he'd fight him at Heavyweight.

Anthony Mundine said:
He can be a heavyweight and then you all think he might have a chance.

Jeez, is semantics all you've got?

andrew057 said:
The right price does not include a 45-45 split I can assure you of that. Mundine earned nearly twice as much in the first fight and I doubt he'll take any less in a rematch. Anthony doesnt need the fight.

So he said he wouldn't move weight divisions then? As that is what you claimed earlier.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I dont think anyone execpt Anthony would deny hes fought a lot of crap in his career. doesnt take away from the fact he makes millions every year fighting these stiffs and absolutely humiliated Green in front of the whole nation years ago.

I agree with this. All I'm trying to say is that if Mundine fought Sturm or Pavlik then I would have a more accurate assessment of his fighting ability. I won't see much if he continues fighting the crap and green. Although most people in Australia would like to see a rematch and getting a fight against Sturm or Pavlik is easier said then done.

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah I have no doubt he wouldve been trying really hard to get Pavlik and especially Sturm in ring. Boxings politics is lame.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
trying really hard as in not doing anything at all.... 2 years ago Jermain Taylor offered to fight him and he declined... but i guess you can enjoy a useless loud mouth until he retires .....

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
I love how people seem to know exactly what Team Mundine have or haven't been doing.

Of course little proof is ever produced.

lingard

Coach
It's irrelevant because it's quite apparent that no details have been discussed yet, but Mundine is already shying away from a rematch.

Regardless, Mundine has said he will beat Green at heavyweight, so it would appear that moving from middle to cruiser is not an issue for him.

Not that heavyweight sh*t! If he`d said 'I could beat Green standing on my head, with one hand tied behind my back', would you seriously expect him to do that? It was just talk, obviously.

lingard

Coach
I reckon this 'offer' of Green`s shows what an areshole Green really is. Bigger trash talker than Mundine could ever be, but he`s managed to weasel his way into being a media darling.
Why on earth would Mundine seriously consider moving up four weight divisions to fight a guy he`s already demolished? Super-middleweight would be a much fairer compromise for these two, and Green knows that.
So, by calling in to question Anthony Mundine`s committment to his own people (with full support from the media bully-boys), Mundine is forced into an inescapable corner. If he fights and loses (as he probably would at that weight) what will he gain? If he (quite rightly) refuses the 'offer', then he`ll be crucified by the media for abandoning his aboriginal heritage.
I think this is one of the most shameless and gutless things I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Cletus

First Grade
I love how people seem to know exactly what Team Mundine have or haven't been doing.

Of course little proof is ever produced.

I can tell you what they haven't been doing: Lining up a decent opponent.
I really like Mundine as a boxer but he'll never get any respect until he wins overseas against a good opponent. Fighting sausages here doesn't count.

lingard

Coach
I'll concede Mundine hasn't offered to fight in ANY division, but he has offered to move and it makes little difference to my original point.

It makes EVERY bit of difference. Green is now a cruiserweight, and looks so much better at that weight; while Mundine is now a middleweight (and I`m not sure that he`s quite as effective there, actually - hard to judge on the Geale fight, because they`re both counter-punchers).
It`s very clear that super-middleweight is the only realistic compromise these two can make. Mundine probably wouldn`t have a chance at cruiser-weight. Be like asking (for instance) Sugar Ray Leonard to fight Ali at heavyweight. By the same token, Green would be demolished at middleweight. There`s an idea! Why not fight at middleweight? Makes just as much sense.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
mundine has had every chance to fight someone credible but always chooses to fight bums.... im still waiting for mundine vs soliman 4

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
mundine has had every chance to fight comeone credible but always chooses to fight bums.... im still waiting for mundine vs soliman 4

Like?

Pavlik won't fight him just because Mundine wants him to..

Do you know what negotiations have taken place?

Shorty

Staff member
Mong are you Mundine's publicist or something? Your obsession with continually attacking anyone that doesn't love the guy (which is, let's face it...a lot) is irritating.

As others have said, until Mundine actually fights someone over in the States he'll just be a loud mouth loser who's in actual fact, a coward.

Mong

Post Whore
What have I said that is untrue?

It's all well and good to make claims you know nothing about but chances are you will get called on it..

Seems to be the norm in Mundine threads.

Ke$ha

Juniors
Danny Green starved himself to make weight against mundine - 2 weight divisions i think he went down to make that fight?
I think its only right mundine must push up in weight if the next fight happens

European Fighters > Mundine
:nwave:

Tipster

Bench
Green's manager thinks Green could beat Haye at heavyweight :lol: What a f*cking clown

Green is nothing more than a hypocrite. Slams Mundine for fighting bums yet he himself is happy to do the same. FFS you could count how many fights Siaca had since 2004 in one hand.

Mong

Post Whore
Danny Green starved himself to make weight against mundine - 2 weight divisions i think he went down to make that fight?
I think its only right mundine must push up in weight if the next fight happens

European Fighters > Mundine
:nwave:

??

Green won a world title at SM and had a coupl of fights at LH prior to his fight with Mundine at SM.

You are a victim of spin I am afraid.

Kilkenny

Coach
Anthony Mundine has no credibility whatsoever.

Surely, he had to go the USA and fight some decent fighters. He would never have won a credible world title fighting real boxers in the USA but he may just have gained some respect and credibility.

He may call himself a world champion, world champion within Australia that is about it. Outside of Oz he is a nothing and does not rate a mention.

He has made some decent coin fighting with Australia but as for being remembered as a boxing great, I don't think so.

I have nothing against Mundine but in boxing circles he is a joke.

Latest posts