What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green V. Mundine

drake

First Grade
If Mundine keeps his head and avoids Green while using his speed to land a lot of blows, he will beat Green. If it was a good plan for Ali, why not Choc?

Personally I think Mundine is faster and a better boxer technically, but Green is stronger and meaner.
For all Choc's big mouth which usuallu accomodates his foot, he is not a mean guy.

Danny Green has the mannerisms of a man who loves to hurt people. I reckon from all the footage I have seen of him, fighting and talking, that this is one vicious bloke. The way he holds himself reminds me completely of a bloke I knew who used to LOVE hitting people. Turned out he was psychotic.

If Green gets into Mundines head and gets him to pony up and trade blows, Greenwill lay him out.

If Choc keeps his head and controls the fight, he will win.

HevyDevy

Coach
aqua_duck said:
When Mundine isn't fighting a no name bum off the streets or a taxi driver looking to make a quick quid, he only has one punch, and that's the left jab, abit like Muhammad Ali, only difference is ALi could hurt people with a left jab, Mundine can't.

As opposed to Green yeah? Strange because every fighter that has come through the Jeff Fenech stable has fought Thai cab drivers for most of their careers, established a 20-0 record then been smashed when they've earned a shot at someone half decent.

Mong

Post Whore
Vicious said:
Everytime Mundine has ever been caught with a punch that has hurt him from an opponent who`m he knows has good punching power he`s spent the rest of the fight running like a scared cat hence the reason i have no doubt whatsoever that he can`t handle pain.

Kessler has no punching power??

Raider_69

Post Whore
mundine has a weak chin, green only has to connect with one solid shot and Mundine will be sleeping with the fishes... its not that mundine fears getting hurt, IMO he knows his chin can take much of a shot so he does what he needs to in order to stay away from anything that could knock him out

Mong

Post Whore
Once again.. Has Kessler got no punching power?? He hit Mundine with a few good ones yet he stayed right in there with him... How does that fit into your theory?

Vicious

Bench
Mong said:
Kessler has no punching power??

Agreed, Kessler has got good punching power and no doubt that Mundine faught his best ever fight against him, but i don`t agree that Kessler really caught him with anything big. It will be an interesting fight, but realistically they are both past potentially being great champions.

Mong

Post Whore
They should have had this fight 2 years ago really... Still looking forward to it but not as much as i used to be..

Mr Saab

Referee
yeah that rings a bell. But Kessler has said in recent weeks that he went into the match with a back injury so he was not at 100% and didnt have his full punching power

Mong

Post Whore
Hahahahahahahaha..

Mundine haters are funny... If the argument falls to sh*te make up a new one.. :)

Balmain_Boy

When people are discussing the Melbourne cup, every man and his dog thinks they are the experts on boxing. The same seems to apply for Mundine, with many people who I'm sure know NOTHING of boxing, voicing doubts that they only hope are true.

sydraider

First Grade
I dont like mundine and now after all this hoopla and talk, we are finally going to see green v mundine.
I was unfortunately not able to catch the card recently in perth, I did howeversee green v beyer and mundine v kessler. After watching both those fights, it was clear to see that mundine was the in-form of the two fighters.
We have been waiting so long for this damn fight, heard so much verbal diahorrea from the pair of them, its made me sick of both of them, dont get me wrong, I will be watching this fight, as to who will win, or who do I want to win, I dont really care anymore.
What I do know is, whoever wins this fight, hasnt got a hope in hell agains jeff lacey and thats a fact!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
When people are discussing the Melbourne cup, every man and his dog thinks they are the experts on boxing. The same seems to apply for Mundine, with many people who I'm sure know NOTHING of boxing, voicing doubts that they only hope are true.

why if we were discussing the melbourne cup would one want to be a boxing expert?

Mong

Post Whore
brendothejet said:
Go Mundine - What he says will be funny, you can guarantee that.

Hahaha..

Aint that the truth... The haters will be frothing at the mouth when it happens but for the rest of us it should be good for a laugh... Hope it all starts soon !! Cmon Choc start em coming...

It's a pity Fenech isn't still on the scene, no doubt a public slanging match between him and Mundine Snr would have added to the laughs... It would have been poor promotional skills on their behalf if it didn't..

Balmain_Boy

Raider_69 said:
why if we were discussing the melbourne cup would one want to be a boxing expert?

Should say experts on horse racing. Point is, people who know nothing about boxing talk up Green's chances because they dislike Mundine. You are a case in point, saying that Green has better technique earlier in this thread, despite all and sundry arguing the contrary.

John_Travolta

Juniors
I originally (months ago) said Mundine would go down, I`ve changed my tune a bit since then. Danny Green has a wide range on him, but with his PEEK-A-BOO stance, could cost him, because of Mundine`s speed W/ power, it could count costly for Green. I`m still going to be cheering for Danny Green, so then it`ll shut that MOUTH mundine up once and for all and prove to every boxing fan in Australia what i`ve always said, he should have stuck to Rugby League.

Mong

Post Whore
Why should he have stuck to league? He won a WT and has made millions and millions of dollars.. Could he have done that in league??

I think not....