What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green V. Mundine

Pensacola Q.C said:
Its called promotion - boxing style, maybe with the typical mundine touch. As dumb as he looked, he knew exactly what he was doing. An extra 100000 people will buy the event now or watch just at an outlet just to see Mundine go down. By getting people to show him hate, they actually show him love.

BTW Green = Mundine as far as both inside and outside the ring is concerned. Both are relative bums inside and Green's a redneck thug outside while Mundine is the biggest $**ttalker to ever walk the earth. I hope it's a double KO!

Simply.........mundine is a waste of space! I really don't think he did anything for Football and he doesn't do nothing for boxing, he should just go crawl in a hole and hide, because the world would be ALOT better without him!

OVP

Coach
While i think both fighters ARE NOT anywhere near world class, let me just say that Green is perhaps the most overrated fighter in Australia's history. He's got nothing. People say Mundine says dumb things, but really he hasnt said anything stupid since Sept 11 where he's just concentrated on boxing and himself to improve. Green ONLY talks about Mundine incessantly ... the close-eyed tard doesnt stop talking about him ... its a sickness. And yet Mundine, "apparently" has the bigger mouth.

Bollocks ... Green is crap, he couldnt even beat Beyer :lol:, and Mundine will prove it forever.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
OVP said:
While i think both fighters ARE NOT anywhere near world class, let me just say that Green is perhaps the most overrated fighter in Australia's history. He's got nothing. People say Mundine says dumb things, but really he hasnt said anything stupid since Sept 11 where he's just concentrated on boxing and himself to improve. Green ONLY talks about Mundine incessantly ... the close-eyed tard doesnt stop talking about him ... its a sickness. And yet Mundine, "apparently" has the bigger mouth.

Bollocks ... Green is crap, he couldnt even beat Beyer :lol:, and Mundine will prove it forever.

I think you underestimate Green, but we'll see soon enough

I know alot of people support Green bcause Mundane is a dickhead, but I think he is world class

Mong

Post Whore
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
Simply.........mundine is a waste of space! I really don't think he did anything for Football and he doesn't do nothing for boxing, he should just go crawl in a hole and hide, because the world would be ALOT better without him!

Yep he's done nothing for boxing you goose.. How many people are interested in this bout that wouldn't have been normally?.. How many have become interested in Boxing because of Mundine becoming a boxer? The interest he generates in a sport that traditionally gets little here has been huge..

Once again hate gets inthe way of common sense, don't feel bad a lot of people do the same.

sunny

I was at an RSL for one of Mundine's fights, I think it was the one where he got beaten a couple of years ago, the bloke he was fighting was a foreigner, and deadset, by the way the crowd was cheering against mundine, you woulda thought this other fella was ned kelly, david boon, john howard's eyebrows and clancy of the overflow combined!

Mong

Post Whore
It was like that when he lost to ottke but since then i have noticed at clubs and pubs that the mood has changed from only one or two cheering for him to the Kessler fight where most where i was were cheering for Mundine and i got similar reports in other venues...

There are always those like you see in here that have no clue and are driven by hate but by and large since he has stopped talking so much crap he has gained a lot of fans...

Moffo

Referee
i'll be cheering for green but realistically Mundine has too much speed for him

sydraider

First Grade
I think that suit mundine wore at the press conference would have lost him a few recent fans.

Mr Saab

Referee
sydraider said:
I think that suit mundine wore at the press conference would have lost him a few recent fans.

Who cares what they wear.
Dennis Rodman wore wedding dresses and crazy leather outfits...i didnt dislike him for it. I was and still am a big of Rodman.

Mong

Post Whore
The haters don't care what the reasons are.. They will always find something..

Common sense is never an issue for them...

Mong said:
The haters don't care what the reasons are.. They will always find something..

Common sense is never an issue for them...

Crap.. most people i know who hate Mundine ,myself included have a variety of reasons ..
1. Bigmouth.... something which turns a lot of people off straight away. Maybe he should look at a tape of Kostya & learn what it is to be a humble sportsman
2.Talking utter sh*t ,such as what he said at the promo for the fight .."i am the greatest athlete ever".
3.Always tries to use racism as an excuse as to why he is not well liked ,& he was using it long before he started boxing .Remember when he thought he should be the Australian 5/8 ,& blamed the selectors racism as the reason. For f**k sake big Artie (half aboriginal) was one of the selectors
4. His comments about September 11
5.Any comments he makes about coming back to league... seriously who would want him after the loyalty he showed the dragons .. walking out on them twice.

i hope he gets knocked out because if he lost a points decision you can bet he would cry ,i won the fight but they took it off me cause i'm black..

Southernsaint

Staff member
LOL, in the words of the Black Eyed Peas: "Where's the love??"

dazza62 said:
Crap.. most people i know who hate Mundine ,myself included have a variety of reasons ..
1. Bigmouth.... something which turns a lot of people off straight away. Maybe he should look at a tape of Kostya & learn what it is to be a humble sportsman

Erm, he's a boxer - they all do that. In any case, to hear him speak is refreshng after listening to zombies like Nathan "Full credit to the boys, we're just happy to get the two points" Cayless.

dazza62 said:
2.Talking utter sh*t ,such as what he said at the promo for the fight .."i am the greatest athlete ever".

See above - he's well on his way to being the most successful boxing promoter in Aussie history so he must be doing something right!!

dazza62 said:
3.Always tries to use racism as an excuse as to why he is not well liked ,& he was using it long before he started boxing .Remember when he thought he should be the Australian 5/8 ,& blamed the selectors racism as the reason. For f**k sake big Artie (half aboriginal) was one of the selectors

He was the form five-eighth of 1999 and couldn't make the Test or Origin teams. I guess being a non drinker, he would've upset the old boys club.

dazza62 said:

What about them?? Respected academics have made similar comments. Maybe it was above your comprehension??

dazza62 said:
5.Any comments he makes about coming back to league... seriously who would want him after the loyalty he showed the dragons .. walking out on them twice.
Why is it that everyone likes to bring up Choc's departure but no-one mentions how Alfie Langer left Brisbane in the lurch after a poor start to the season a few years back?? One of the "boys"...

dazza62 said:
i hope he gets knocked out because if he lost a points decision you can bet he would cry ,i won the fight but they took it off me cause i'm black..

Yeah, like he did when he lost on points to Sciacca and Kessler...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mong said:
Once again.. Has Kessler got no punching power?? He hit Mundine with a few good ones yet he stayed right in there with him... How does that fit into your theory?

good point and in fact the reason why Mundine lost that was because he followed to advise of Roy Jones snr thus the reason why his no longer in his corner.

he should of backed himself and relied on his jab a bit more, there were alot more scoring punches on offer than he actually took.

Mundine by TKO round 8, however I admire and will support both fighters.

HevyDevy

Coach
dazza62 said:

Wow, I wasn't expecting to read this much crap in one day!! Lucky me.

Mong

Post Whore
dazza62 said:

So full of hate....

Its sad...

Godz Illa

Coach
Thank you dazza62, for raising a mirror to the face of the Mundine-haters, so that they may se how ugly and stupid they really are. Eloquent post, as always.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: anyone remember when he said the only reason he wasnt in the aussie team was cause he was aboriginal, and then went on to say he ran rings around Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler

:lol: deadset, what a dunce, fittler and daley dominated him as a player, and most of the time they were both doing with at best only one good leg

Latest posts