What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green V. Mundine

OVP

Coach
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
I'm going for the Man, lol i know alot of people hate his arrogance but i find it funny as hell lol.

What about Green's arrogance ? For years he's been saying how great he is and how he cant wait to smash Mundine ... all the close-eyed genius talks about is Mundine, and all he does is bag him. You know, if Green was any good he would have SMASHED Beyer (which i believe Mundine would have done easily ... he's no Ottke ffs) but he FAILED, AGAIN !!

Green is a nobody, and Mundine will prove it.

The Dodger

First Grade
Twizzle said:
I hope Green sits the man right on his arse.

as much as i like for it to happen, i can't see it being the easy task that people think it to be.

lets not forget mundine can last the rounds where green can't. so green's strategy would be to get a KO, where mundines would be to tyre him out and win over points.

The Dodger

First Grade
aussies1st said:
He cooled it down a bit when he lost the title fight.

i believe it was also when he made those comments about 911 about how america deserved it but not in that way...

you just don't say things like that. especially if your a high profile sportsman...

slamminsam246

Juniors
OMG how can you like that idiotic, self-centred b*stard (Mundine)!? Danny Green will snap him - he's got guts and knows he has to work for the win - 'The Man' thinks he just has to turn up.

Go Danny Green!

kay

Juniors
it would be great to see mundine win, i'd like to see everyone's reaction

HevyDevy

Coach
He's a boxer but he seems to have dropped his game since the first Beyer fight. Until then I thought he could be anything, now I honestly believe Mundine will be far too good for him. Green's only chance is to knock Mundine out which I don't think he will. If it goes the distance, Mundine easily.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
I wouldnt really classify Green as a boxer...He will lose this fight to Mundine. Green can box for a few rounds but does not have the mental capacity to box for 12 rounds. He goes looking for his big shot to finish fights. For people in this thread describing Green as technically sound im doubting whether you have seen him box. Mundine will win the fight on points as his speed will take care of Green on its own and people continually underestimate Chocs punching power.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I would say Green has matured as a boxer if anything. In his earlier fights he would go for the knockout from the start, now he is dissecting his opponent. He shown this in his fight against the tough Mexican in Garcia, he boxed for the whole 10 rounds. Won each round 10-9. Green has now gone the distance 3 times (out of his last 5 fights), he stills hits as hard as before but picking his moment to strike.

Mundine is definitely sounder technically then Green, and Green has said this, so there is no worry from Green about who is a better technical boxer.

I rate Danny Green and I will be cheering him on as a naturalised Western Australian, but unlike all West Australian’s.

I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as everyone over here believes.

Green K.O in the 8th.

[font=&quot][/font]

Vicious

Bench
Mundine is by far the superior boxer, but he simply never has and never will be able to handle pain. He`s the most gifted boxer in the world, but every time he`s ever feared his opponents punching power he`s spent the entire fight running like a scared cat. If Mundine can overcome a bit of fear of taking a punch he`ll win easy, but to be honest i think he`ll go back to his same old ways, fear Green`s punching power and therefore not get himself close enough to Green to hurt him. I`m predicting a very boring fight with Green constantly chasing Mundine around the ring, but continuously being too slow to tag him. The bottom line is that it doesn`t matter how much natural skill and talent you have, if you can`t take a punch, you`ll never be a champion boxer and sadly this is the case for Anthony Mundine!!!

Vicious said:
Mundine is by far the superior boxer, but he simply never has and never will be able to handle pain.

I don't know how you have reached that conclusion. I do agree that he likes to avoid punches (one of his best attributes) but to say he has never handled pain is a bit obscure.

I believe Mundine will win on points. He recently described Green as a robot, a one-dimensional fighter and I agree with him to some extent. If Green was still champion material he would have disposed his opponent (who's name escapes me) well before the final bell.

My feeling is that Green won't be able to hit Mundine enough to earn a victory. If they'd have fought 2 years ago I'd say Green would have the upper hand. They didn't, and Green has only gone backwards since then.

Vicious

Bench
Bring back John Fifita said:
I don't know how you have reached that conclusion. I do agree that he likes to avoid punches (one of his best attributes) but to say he has never handled pain is a bit obscure.

I believe Mundine will win on points. He recently described Green as a robot, a one-dimensional fighter and I agree with him to some extent. If Green was still champion material he would have disposed his opponent (who's name escapes me) well before the final bell.

My feeling is that Green won't be able to hit Mundine enough to earn a victory. If they'd have fought 2 years ago I'd say Green would have the upper hand. They didn't, and Green has only gone backwards since then.

Everytime Mundine has ever been caught with a punch that has hurt him from an opponent who`m he knows has good punching power he`s spent the rest of the fight running like a scared cat hence the reason i have no doubt whatsoever that he can`t handle pain.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Vicious said:
Everytime Mundine has ever been caught with a punch that has hurt him from an opponent who`m he knows has good punching power he`s spent the rest of the fight running like a scared cat hence the reason i have no doubt whatsoever that he can`t handle pain.

Funny, here was me thinking that a major part of boxing was to avoid the punches of an opponent...

Vicious

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Funny, here was me thinking that a major part of boxing was to avoid the punches of an opponent...

No one is good enough to avoid all punches and become a world champion. To beat good fighters you also have to get close enough to them so that you can land your own punches. When Mundine faught Manny Siaca it was the most disgracefull performance in the history of boxing from a defending champ. How can you call yourself a world champ and run for 8 of the 10 rounds???
The true world champions are prepared to occasionally take a punch so that they can land better punches of their own.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Vicious said:
No one is good enough to avoid all punches and become a world champion. To beat good fighters you also have to get close enough to them so that you can land your own punches. When Mundine faught Manny Siaca it was the most disgracefull performance in the history of boxing from a defending champ. How can you call yourself a world champ and run for 8 of the 10 rounds???
The true world champions are prepared to occasionally take a punch so that they can land better punches of their own.

Whatever...just admit you hate Mundine and nomatter what he does you'll whinge, then we can all move on.

aqua_duck

Coach
When Mundine isn't fighting a no name bum off the streets or a taxi driver looking to make a quick quid, he only has one punch, and that's the left jab, abit like Muhammad Ali, only difference is ALi could hurt people with a left jab, Mundine can't.