What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green V Tarver

dogslife

Coach
I was the only one of my mates that jumped on Tarver. Was going to take him for 7.85 for a decision but ended up just going 3.35 head to head. Good collect

ByRd

First Grade
I backed Tarver by decision (was paying $9 before the fight) it was looking good as he controlled the fight and was easily winning on points but then he exploded on Green, total domination and the guy is the real machine at 42.

Mong

Post Whore
What?

Why? Is tarver decent these days? He was only fighting Green afterall..

He also hasn't been much in the way of active as i said and there is definitely much better Aussie fighters than Green to spend your money on watching.

Can you point out anything i said that is incorrect?

Turns out Green didn't find someone old enough and bad enough now days to fight and lost which is pretty damn hillarious actually given the way he was carrying on during the last week.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Tarver controlled the fight from his distance from the outside. Happy for Tarver though to snag another World title.

eozsmiles

Bench
yea if you listen to foxsports, but if you listen to boxing annalyst's it would be a even money match, and in the end the more talented fighter won.

Tarver was $41 for round nine

"The Bleacher Report" did an article not long ago on the 10 boxers around the world who should retire. Listed amongst the likes of 50 year olds Holyfield and Camacho JR was Antonio Tarver at number 5. He was roundly expected to retire after being beaten by Green. No bookie in the world was offering even money. If they had they would have made an absolute fortune because no punter in their right mind could entertain the thought of backing Tarver at $2, but they would have emptied their accounts on Green.
The reason being he had lost 2 of his last 3 fights and had been unable to do any damage to his opponents for years. He managed to damage Danny though. Looks like Choc Mundine was right, Green is a bit chinny.

Tarver is 50% of the fighter he was 10 years ago. All he did was expose Green for what he is - a limited fighter that not only has heavy hands but heavy feet and a heavy head too.

stormbati

Bench
Im not a Green fan, I think he thinks he's the great Australian hero or something. But I still felt for him last night the way he took those punches. End of the day, this is boxing and these guys talk so much crap just for some exposure.

I think everyone overestimated Roy Jones , who has been a bit of a joke lately and this coming from a big RJ fan. Its sad that these 40+ yr olds are creating so much interest. Where's the new talent?

t10do

Juniors
Im not a Green fan, I think he thinks he's the great Australian hero or something. But I still felt for him last night the way he took those punches. End of the day, this is boxing and these guys talk so much crap just for some exposure.

Listen, I know its easy to have an opinion from outside the ring, but all along I really thought Green had more of a chin than that. Yeah he took a couple of shots, but don't think Tarver hit him THAT hard. He seemed to just gas out cos he was out of it! Maybe his recent surgery took more out of him than he thought because I would go as far as saying that Tarver isn't even 50% the fighter he was as has been mentioned.