What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenberg cleared over Tandy betting allegations

Stagger Lee

Bench
So even if he is innocent you think he should stand down anyway?

Standing down is an admission of guilt in the eyes of many.

Yes, to avoid any hint of influencing the outcome. It need not be to long a period (ASADA style) maybe even a few weeks. I don't think for one moment it would be an admission of guilt for him to stand down. In fact it would seem to me that Todd would be following best practice and is getting the issue dealt with.

If he stood down and the investigation proved him falsely accused IMO it would make him look professional and without arrogance of thinking he is above the game. As you can see by some of the vitriol on this thread directed at him it may be the best thing for him to do - it will show people he can rise above it all.

forward pass

Coach
re above, no case to answer from the police. It is not against the law in the UK to smack a dickhead, good law!

So he did not bring the game into disrepute in any way because the other guy was a dickhead?

Billy gets away with another one!

insert.pause

First Grade
When did Greenberg become "deputy chief executive" of the NRL? Last time I checked he was still Head of Football, ABC should at least get the little details right if they want the big ones to be taken seriously.