What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GREENDAY / SIMPLE PLAN

Feez_Giggles

Bench
i agree 100% nuffy, i enjoyed simple plan.

and yeah, they so needed over 18. at least an over 18 section!!!!! i had some stupid 12 yrs old next to me who didn't even know half the songs (esp. not the old ones) and who just screamed everytime someone else did. it was kinda amusing me for a while cause they started copying me so i started screaming for no reason just to see if they would. and they did :lol: anyway, they were wearing the ugliest dresses i've ever seen and one of them was in super high heels!!!! wtf

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
If faggy boy from Simple Plan or Bille Joe say "We love Sydney, Australia" or words to that affect one more time, then I would of shrieked like one of the many pre-pubescent girls that were there.

Bille Joe's George Bush comments are not needed, particularly in an environment where 90% of the audience couldn't care less about polictics, 90% of the audience don't want to care about polictics, and 90% of the audience can't vote.

Also, some lucky untalented sod got to keep that Strat. Three chords were his limit, he should of given a pick then told to piss back to his little circle-mosh crowd.

In conclusion, bring on Joseph Satriani on Wednesday at the Enmore.

Nuffs

Bench
oh that's right - the fashion!!

these 6 year old girls or whatever, had 10 inch heels and push up bras. it was disgraceful

and yeah the politics wasn't needed. midnight oil at waveaid were the same. just play your music then accept the applause then walk off

it was funny when he said something about george bush and everyone cheered. i didn't realise liberal supporters don't go to concerts

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Nuffs said:
...i actually thought simple plan were alright live. i wouldn't pay money just to see them, but they were heaps better than i had planned for

a way too many tennyboppers for my liking

You do know you just contradicted yourself?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:

Mang you have no idea how much I want to go to that

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Btw how weird was it last night, running into you for the second time in a row.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Nuffs said:
midnight oil at waveaid were the same. just play your music then accept the applause then walk off

it was funny when he said something about george bush and everyone cheered. i didn't realise liberal supporters don't go to concerts

Half of the Oils angle are their stance on politics. The crowd at Wave Aid were mostly adults also, so a political rant was logical.

Yeah, Bille Joe said something negative against Bush...hence the applause.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:

Yeah, a bit freaky, especially considering the size of the Superdome.

Next thing i'll be bumping into you at Brookie...

Nuffs

Bench
CC_Eagle said:
Nuffs said:
...i actually thought simple plan were alright live. i wouldn't pay money just to see them, but they were heaps better than i had planned for

where did i?

i said they were better than i expected

and then i said that there were too many teenyboppers in the crowd. which there was. doesn't mean that the band were any better or worse

Feez_Giggles

Bench
i didn't mind the political comments because i follow politics a bit and am anti bush but you could tell all the kiddies were cheering just because he spoke and now its apparently 'cool' to hate george bush :roll:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Nuffs said:
CC_Eagle said:
Nuffs said:

where did i?

i said they were better than i expected

and then i said that there were too many teenyboppers in the crowd. which there was. doesn't mean that the band were any better or worse

By saying you thought simple plan were alright makes you a teeny bopper.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:

I'd say its more than likely..

Btw are you coming to the club on Sunday? We're getting there earlyish around 10:30 for a feed and whatnot.

skeepe

Immortal
supersoniceagle said:
I felt so old at the concert...and I'm only 21

I agree. Although it wasn't all that bad on the floor (YELLOW arm band section anyway) because as soon as Green Day came on those wannabes were out of the mosh pit quicker than if Michael Jackson had turned up.

After experiencing Green Day up close and personal, and standing there shouting insults at Simple Plan (which proved nothing but sure as hell made me feel better, especially when the singer saw me and actually looked upset for a second) I would have hated to have been given a pink arm band or be stuck up in a crappy seat somewhere.

After leaving the Superdome, while I was amazed at the show Green Day put on I just wondered how much better the night could have been if they actually put on a support band. Yes I know Simple Plan were there, but I mean a real band, with real talent and point to their music. To me, it sounded as though Simple Plan had one song played in different keys.
Oh and I was NOT impressed with their all too cool heavy metal salute and then saying "here's some metal for ya" before launching into yet another crappy pop song.

Also I want Simple Plan to leave the Australian flag alone and stop befouling it with their crap. And if they said we were looking "sexy" one more time,I would have done something that would have gotten me ejected before Green Day. At least I managed a water bomb shot on the Simple Plan drum kit.

I didn't mean to rant but man I HATE Simple Plan. As for Green Day - close to the best show I have ever seen. Brilliant.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
skeepe said:
ejected before Green Day. At least I managed a water bomb shot on the Simple Plan drum kit.

I saw that and wanted to go and congratulate the guy who threw it.

*pats skeepe on the back*

Were the circles any good? I was stuck up in seating. Originally had the worst seats in the joint but snaked some poor suckers seats in prime position. The owner never showed up. :D

Nuffs

Bench
god damn you guys!!

i never said i loved simple plan. i simply said that they were ALOT better than what i had thought it would be like

and yeah being a 21 year old made me feel like i was on the pension compared to everyone else

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:

Btw are you coming to the club on Sunday? We're getting there earlyish around 10:30 for a feed and whatnot.

I might go, depends on how much homework I get done between then and now.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
CliffyIsGod said:
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:
CC_Eagle said:
CliffyIsGod said:

I might go, depends on how much homework I get done between then and now.

Uni.. :p

Latest posts