What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird - $500 000 for 3 years

Jimbo

Immortal
Special K said:
I didn't know it went down with the years. All I know is 2003 was loaded big - hence we had no backline!

Yep

It's a common misconception. A five year $1.5 million contract isn't necessarily paid in five equal instalments of $300k

Since the club was under the cap in '03 and '04, they used the opportunity to pay out a larger slice of his pie. This means that this year and next, Noddy won't be on anywhere near $500k, which his why we can upgrade our existing contracts and buy players like Ross, Latu, Villa and whoever else they're looking at

Dread

Juniors
Jimbo - dare I ask how you are privy to the finer details of Mr B Kimmorley's contract?

Jimbo

Immortal
Dread said:
Jimbo - dare I ask how you are privy to the finer details of Mr B Kimmorley's contract?

Yeah, you can ask

Those are hardly fine details though

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I heard his contract is the complete opposite.
Stevo was on huge money in his final 2 years & that kept us at the cap.
also during those 2 years, we re-signed bailey, gallen, williams, Vagana, Dykes, Lomu, et al.

dreary

Juniors
I have some inside info that Jimbo is correct that said BTR is also correct Stevo was on big money at the end of his contract about 400k

GregoryP

Juniors
Bird signed yesterday.

Jimbo is on the money. Kimmorley has been paid more in his earlier years to release more money this year and next.

GregoryP

Juniors
4 other strong expressions of interest for the end of the month. But this is old news Bird agreed to terms with the sharks late last week and it's no secret. He signed at the club yesterday.