What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
with toops williams fraser gal n dougie, i think we have bird covered if and when he is cut

Special K

Coach
Bird is a superstar ricky made. Bird was always a talented player but he could not seem to get it right mentally and sticky seemed to help him there. I doubt ricky lets one of his favorites walk when there is nothing else out there to replace him.

cb4

First Grade
understood k, but just one guilty conviction n then where does it go??
if ricky was going to keep him no matter what, why didnt he play on friday??

Omnishark2

Juniors
At the very least Bird will struggle to defend the false accusation charge ... which means he is gone. Sharks management are continuing to handle the Bird issue in exactly the right manner.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bird-hit-with-two-more-charges/2008/09/29/1222650990024.html

" ...was yesterday told he would be charged with public mischief and false accusation.

The new charges relate to Bird allegedly blaming his flatmate at the time, golfer Brent Watson, for the assault on Milligan.

The Cronulla Sharks player must answer a fourth charge of common assault relating to an alleged incident involving another woman at a Cronulla nightclub on January 19 this year, and is to appear in Downing Centre Local Court on October 9. It is believed if Bird is found guilty of any of these charges, the Sharks will sack him."

Eion

First Grade
yeah

did a grate job

birdy seems just fine mentally these days

/crappy cheap shot
Jeez Millers just noticed you've chalked up 40,000 posts, nicely done. If you joined in June 03 that means around 145 posts per week (sorry, slow day at work today...)

understood k, but just one guilty conviction n then where does it go??
if ricky was going to keep him no matter what, why didnt he play on friday??

There has to be a reason for the club to change his current status of suspended on full pay. That reason has to be either charges dropped, matter resolved in court or settled (either guilty or not guilty - Cronulla has the option of keeping him even if found guilty - although I doubt they would), or he comes clean to the club about what happened.

Any of those gives the club an excuse to change how things are now. The one in Bird's immediate control is that he comes clean to the club. That hasn't happened therefore the club has no reason or excuse to change his status.

Well, I suppose they could, but it would look very cynical.

samshark

Juniors
I have it on very good information that a person of interest said nothing to the police other than that they was not responsible.
I have no doubt that a sms was sent to Watson using the word "we"
But last time I looked, Watson was not on the police force.

edit.
one also has to wonder why the diary entries have still not been made available to Bird & Milligans team. You really, really have to wonder why when supposedly it is a cut & shut case.
Like the Brisbane arrest.

A POI ??? You are referring to Bird right?
SMS messages, Watson not on the police force???
What are you inferring Reefy? I dont understand what you are saying here. If you want to compare sources of information, professions, experience etc send me a PM.

In regard to the diary entries I take it you mean police notebooks. I cant even imagine how you think you would know the contents of the brief of evidence in this case. Any notebook entry made by any officer who had any involvement in this case would form part of the brief which has been served on the defence. In this case the notebook entries would be pretty important especially the conversation between Bird, Milligan and police at the hospital, so there is no way in the world they would not be part of the brief.

samshark

Juniors
unfortunately mate.... its looking like he wont
1 conviction n he is gone.... and i dont think his mate is coming to the rescue

Reni Matua
Sonny Bill Williams
Wes Naquiama
Todd Carney
Tim Smith (I think)

A few players off the top of my head who have been convicted of various offences in recent times and not been sacked by their clubs. If I sat down and thought about it there would be several more.

The Dodger

First Grade
A POI ??? You are referring to Bird right?
SMS messages, Watson not on the police force???
What are you inferring Reefy? I dont understand what you are saying here. If you want to compare sources of information, professions, experience etc send me a PM.

In regard to the diary entries I take it you mean police notebooks. I cant even imagine how you think you would know the contents of the brief of evidence in this case. Any notebook entry made by any officer who had any involvement in this case would form part of the brief which has been served on the defence. In this case the notebook entries would be pretty important especially the conversation between Bird, Milligan and police at the hospital, so there is no way in the world they would not be part of the brief.

did this really happen?
i was told it was the hospital staff that had the conversation.
where di you get this info from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts