What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossy

Bench
bird's rap sheet is very bloody questionable

arrested by QLD cops for disobeying their requests to get off the road..telegraph says "cronulla officials have seen footage and it shows bird doing the wrong"...i to have see the footage and he is on the bloody steps of the club NOT the road...QLD cops were in the wrong NOT bird

incident in january, how convenient that it only came to light when this whole milligan saga started..

so the club are using a bunch of BS to sack him

PJ

First Grade
arrested by QLD cops for disobeying their requests to get off the road..telegraph says "cronulla officials have seen footage and it shows bird doing the wrong"...i to have see the footage and he is on the bloody steps of the club NOT the road...QLD cops were in the wrong NOT bird

And that is exactly what the Sharks were saying at the time wasn't it. Maybe my old brain is playing tricks on me but I was sure that the Sharks said Bird was completely clear on that and yet know the video they said showed he did nothing wrong showed he did something wrong?

Anyone who thinks we will get out of this OK if we sack him just needs to look at that and think back to what they had to say when they sacked Ando. Bulletproof wasn't it?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
And that is exactly what the Sharks were saying at the time wasn't it. Maybe my old brain is playing tricks on me but I was sure that the Sharks said Bird was completely clear on that and yet know the video they said showed he did nothing wrong showed he did something wrong?
Interestingly the next morning when the story broke the police hierarchy could not provide a reason for the arrest until the officers concerned came back on duty. So in other words this incident did not warrant a record being made by those same officers prior to knocking off. This is contrary to what they should have done if their arrest was truly warranted charge or no charge. They then quickly came up with a bullsh*t story unsupported by the video evidence.

millersnose

Post Whore
i think the second big question here is will greg bird ereceive a sainthood for his martyrdom

is he catholic?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Wrong again...
Bird was asked by a Queensland Police Officer at approx. 2.30 am to provide identification.
He refused.
He was placed in the back of a police car by the officer until his identity had been established. He was given a warning and released into the care of someone else..(Flanagan??).
It is an offence to be drunk in a public place in Queensland.
Peter Wallace wasn't so lucky!

What is wrong with this clown?

I think the common term to describe 'this particular misdemeanour/episode' = pissed idiot!

Vossy

Bench
Wrong again...
Bird was asked by a Queensland Police Officer at approx. 2.30 am to provide identification.
He refused.
He was placed in the back of a police car by the officer until his identity had been established. He was given a warning and released into the care of someone else..(Flanagan??).

I think the common term to describe 'this particular misdemeanour/episode' = pissed idiot!

they must have been pissed or blind NOT to know who he was, he played state of origin ffs..if it was not in QLD or NSW then the cops are excused..but it was in QLD..

bird WASNT drunk, he turned up to training at 8:30am fine, the cops said it was a joke then when footage proved bird was in the right, the cops, mainly the state comissioner went very bloody quiet

also with the "incident" in january, we only found out about it just after the current saga, very bloody suspicious

if the board are using these to sack bird, very bloody weak, clutching at straws to sack him at any cost

f*ck the board and f*ck barry pierce

bluey

Bench
Its starting to sound really personal to me.To me its simple if the club has a good genuine reason then sack him if not do not try to make one up by stringing a heap of little things together.
And above all the club should not be bullied into a decision that does not suit itself.

bluey

Bench
And i will add this if the club sack him and for arguments sake say sign ,Carney ,Smith etc
Some times you might be better of with the one you know.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Wrong again...
He refused.

what a load of crap.

PJ

First Grade
i think the second big question here is will greg bird ereceive a sainthood for his martyrdom

No one is suggesting he is a saint or being martyred Millers, but I am worried he could crucify the club if they get it wrong.

Special K

Coach
a chance?

a hope?

If Bird tells them his story then they can't say he got the arse because he never did?

please keep our birdy!

Vossy

Bench
i think something has come up, bird said something, ricky said something, that has made the board to delay there decision, maybe a re-think

gavin orr reckons that bird had a fair hearing, so he spilled his guts and must have told them what happened

PJ

First Grade
Maybe, maybe they showed a bit of their hand for any ongoing legal action and the board aren't as confident as they were.

Most likely though they are taking their time so it looks like it wasn't already decided.

spider

Coach
the media need to snap what time the board leave

if they leave shortly after preceedings, its bye bye bird

if they walk out an hour or two later then they have deliberated....but i doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.