What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
maybe the board have finally given the correct information about how much shyte they are in.
Not rubbish from PKF contra legal advice & a messenger boy cop.

Vossy

Bench
like i said in the other thread, the board were given a 10 page document by bird and for some bloody reason could wait 2 weeks till the next meeting to make a decision

wtf is going on???????????

spider

Coach
like i said in the other thread, the board were given a 10 page document by bird and for some bloody reason could wait 2 weeks till the next meeting to make a decision

wtf is going on???????????
tell me vossy - how the f**k would you claim that to be fact?

he left not long ago

are you on the board?

Vossy

Bench
tell me vossy - how the f**k would you claim that to be fact?

he left not long ago

are you on the board?

wish i was on the board..id keep bird

f*ck this is how i claim it to be fact:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24752807-23214,00.html

0,5001,6384094,00.jpg
Ducking for cover ... Bird flys the coup after special meeting. Mark Evans

Greg Bird will not know his fate at Cronulla Sharks until Friday

THE Cronulla board was unable to reach a decision on Greg Bird's future with the NRL club on Thursday night after receiving a 10-page "show-cause" document from the fallen star.

Sharks chairman Barry Pierce emerged from the Cronulla Leagues Club, after a specially convened board meeting, to deliver a short statement.

Support: Sharks fans split over Bird case
Future: Sharks expected to offload Bird

The board has obviously met with Greg Bird and his representatives this evening," Pierce read from the prepared statement outside the club.

"We have only received today a 10-page reply to the club's 'show cause' notice issued on November 12, which has been discussed at length tonight with Greg and his legal counsel.

"The full board will now continue its deliberations.

"The next scheduled full board meeting is on the 16th of December."

Earlier, Bird had emerged from the meeting with his manager Gavin Orr saying his client was expecting a decision on Friday.

"We've come here tonight and we've met with the board and we think we've had a fair hearing and now we're going to wait for the results of that hearing sometime tomorrow, and that's all we're going to say," Orr told reporters.

But, asked if a decision would be announced on Friday, Pierce said: "With what we received today, we need a lot more deliberating, so there will be no decision tomorrow, I can assure you."

The NSW and Australian representative five-eighth left from the meeting at around 8.35pm (EDT).

Pierce emerged around 35 minutes later.

Bird, flanked by Orr and his legal representative Les Nicholls, did not speak to waiting media before or after the meeting, which got underway at around 7pm (EDT).

The board had convened around an hour earlier to discuss Bird's status with the club.

The board reportedly wanted to sack Bird, who is facing court on charges of reckless wounding and lying to police, and to ask the NRL to ban him for two years.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
hahaha

im thinking of all the journos right now who have to rush into headquarters to re-do their stories for tomorrow... they would have pre-done BIRD SACKED, BIRD TOLD TO FLY AWAY, BEST THROWN OUT OF NEST bullsh*t stories for the back page and we have delayed it all... go suck on that one u bunch of soft cox

coolumsharkie

Referee
hahaha

im thinking of all the journos right now who have to rush into headquarters to re-do their stories for tomorrow... they would have pre-done BIRD SACKED, BIRD TOLD TO FLY AWAY, BEST THROWN OUT OF NEST bullsh*t stories for the back page and we have delayed it all... go suck on that one u bunch of soft cox

Yep,

Yet it will just another exclusive for the Telecrap, etc, merkins, even though they got it way wrong.

Suprised me but I'm not a journo.

Vossy

Bench
not a night for the journo's

they turn up expecting a full on protest from sharks fans - they dont get it, then they expect "bird's wings clipped by sharks"...cop that! :lol:

SharkShocked

Bench
Is the axe looming closer?

Will there be an answer tomorrow night?

Interesting to note there have been no news headlines anywhere regarding the Bird.

Opinions people?

Dave Q

Coach
hahaha

Colin is staying.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Greg Bird high on agenda at Sharks' meeting

Article from:
EXCLUSIVE by Dean Ritchie
December 16, 2008 12:00am

GREG Bird could receive $200,000 for doing nothing if the Cronulla Sharks board decide to retain the suspended star on their books until his court case next April.
The board will tonight discuss the possibility of delaying a final ruling on Bird's future until he has faced a judge in relation to his alleged assault on girlfriend Katie Milligan.
The Daily Telegraph understands some Sharks board members are willing to wait for the criminal charges to be resolved, meaning Bird would accumulate $200,000 in contract money despite not playing or training with the club.
But there are also strong factions within the Sharks that desperately want to axe Bird immediately.
They claim the drama has dragged on for four months and cannot remain unresolved going into 2009.
The issue will be discussed at the board meeting tonight, with a number of directors reluctant to axe Bird, who has threatened legal action against the club if dismissed.
Some board members are spooked by the threat and believe Bird should stay until April.
By then, the saga will have dragged on for eight months while the Sharks continue to pay Bird his annual $350,000 contract.
"I'm not commenting," Bird said last night.
"I might give you something after the meeting but not before."
Bird is expected to face four charges related to his alleged assault on Ms Milligan.
Special section: Follow the Greg Bird story so far <LI class=photos>Picture gallery: Exiled Greg trains alone Cronulla planned to sack Bird at a December 4 board meeting but their plans were stalled by a 10-page legal document that the player's representatives delivered just hours before the hearing.
Sharks president Barry Pierce was not answering his phone yesterday while Bird's manager Gavin Orr was not talking.
"No comment," said Orr.
Asked what he thought might happen at tonight's meeting, Orr said: "Not sure. I've got no comment until the court date."
Meanwhile Bird's teammate Brett Seymour is facing a fine at tonight's meeting after being caught drink-driving on Friday night. Seymour only holds a learner's permit and registered a low range reading.
He is still to face court.
Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia would not reveal how much Seymour would be fined.

Quigs

Immortal
Lucky for Seymour he wasn't wearing a Bowler hat and was naked at the time.

Farkin' glass houses and rocks.

I hope his dogs are still registered with the council. if they arn't then that will probably make headline news in the arvo papers.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Dave Q

Coach
Ready Reckoner

Bird Stays: $1.34

Bird Goes: $1.10

Indecision and further delay: $1.00

Dont blow the kids christmas on the Queen of the Nile!

Limit your gambling spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts