What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

samshark

Juniors
only because there isnt a charge "glassing your girlfriend".

Reckless Wounding means he recklessly put broken glass in his girlfriend's eye.

You're talking semantics not reality.

Its all irrelevant but you actually cant say 'he has been found guilty of glassing his girlfriend'. Reckless wounding is not 'glassing' as how generally people view this term i.e smashing it in someones face

Gaba

First Grade
Yes they can even if the incidents are not related. Ive seen cases for example involving multiple shoplifting charges (all different incidents) that are all rolled up together for sentencing.

He is sentenced in June for this and then back in court in July for the Fusion hearing.
But in this case they had to be together,because Birds pleaded guilty to mischief which involving the same incident of partys(people) involved, where in shoplifting as you said different incidents which involved different partys(people)

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
reefy btw

i refuse to believe for 1 second that you actually thought bird was innocent

now that it is over can i ask you why you put up this defence?
i dont believe for 1 second that Bird grabbed a glass & rammed it in her face.
Therefore after that forming that opinion about a person (who I couldnt stand btw) I dont care what happened in the unit if she didnt want to press charges.
I couldn't give a flying f*ck about the lies, krap. There are much bigger issues that we could be wasting public money on instead of these 2 idiots.
Now that she has been painted as a liar on public record, it backs up what people have beens saying all along that she is a lunatic loose canon.
Having been victim of numerous loose canons like her, perhaps, i have more compassion than others. They can create dangerous situations in the blink of an eye.

I dont think this over by any stretch of the imagination either.
I have heard something already about a supreme court review of the conduct of the magistrate.

Surely

Post Whore
He said he was satisfied that when Ms Milligan told a nurse at Sutherland Hospital that her flatmate was responsible for the wounds, she was in fact referring to Bird, not Mr Watson.

Just out of interest how many girlfriends refer to their boyfriends as flatmates ?

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Just put of interest how many girlfriends refer to their boyfriends as flatmates ?

But the nurse could have presumed it was her flatmate, she could have told the nurse greg or he did it to me, and pointed too bird,he was the only one with her in the flat,and the nurse thought bird was the flatmate

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Simple answer to that why did Bird Lie

Who gives a f**k. The possibilities & reasons why he lied are endless. if you know the guy(who is a deadsh*t at best) talk to the people who know him, nobody believes he grabbed a glass & rammed it in her face. Was he responsible for her injuries? More than f**king likely/very f**king probably.
Should this be in court? About as much as a turd should be under a christmas tree.

Surely

Post Whore
But the nurse could have presumed it was her flatmate, she could have told the nurse greg did it to me, and thats all, and bird was the only one with her in the flat,and the nurse thought bird was the flatmate

The only one presuming here is the judge.

People who don't know the difference between a flatmate or a boyrfiend or partner shouldn't be passing judgement.

Gaba

First Grade
Who gives a f**k. The possibilities & reasons why he lied are endless. if you know the guy(who is a deadsh*t at best) talk to the people who know him, nobody believes he grabbed a glass & rammed it in her face. Was he responsible for her injuries? More than f**king likely/very f**king probably.
Should this be in court? About as much as a turd should be under a christmas tree.
The court did and it convicted him, no matter what you say

Frenzy.

Post Whore

People who don't know the difference between a flatmate or a boyrfiend or partner shouldn't be passing judgement.

So Surely, do you think they were all luvey dovey and all over each other in the A & E?

I can tell you for sure, they weren't.

Maybe, this is where Bird got the idea to drop his mate in it.

Gaba

First Grade

Nope the nurse told the police him/her version and the ,magistrate ruled on the evidence of the statement provided, and the fact bird lied saying there was someone else when there wasnt, and the victims different story to bird was another factor

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The court did and it convicted him, no matter what you say

no matter what that court says & far less importantly, what you say(why the f**k are you in here everyday anyway? You are quite annoying & mostly very wrong in your posts(when is the trial again?)) the fact remains there is still a long way to go.
I cant imagine Birds Barristers & Queens councils will let their client slide on the decision of a first year magistrate who last year was a solicitor from a tiny little shcittsville town near Nowra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Surely

Post Whore
So this is what bird said

Bird told the nurse Ms Milligan had injured herself, Mr Stanhope said.

Bird allegedly said "she's been drinking and she fell into the coffee table

This is what milligan said

Ms Milligan told a nurse at Sutherland Hospital that her flatmate was responsible for the wounds,

So Surely, do you think they were all luvey dovey and all over each other in the A & E?

I can tell you for sure, they weren't.

Maybe, this is where Bird got the idea to drop his mate in it.

I bet they weren't either they were arguing when they got home.

I could presume other scenarios out of the two initial hospital statements.

Couple argue, woman charges man, woman gets pushed away , woman hits coffee table.

Woman not wanting to appear to be a jealous woman in a rage decides to dob in flatmate to avoid embarrasment.

Stupid boyfriend goes along with it to save her embarrasment.

Goes pair shaped for stupid boyfriend, crazed woman won't make statement accusing bird because crazed woman lied from the start and got stupid boyfriend to go along with it.

Gaba

First Grade
no matter what that court says & far less importantly, what you say(why the f**k are you in here everyday anyway? You are quite annoying & mostly very wrong in your posts(when is the trial again?)) the fact remains there is still a long way to go.

How am i wrong, and you just answered your question about the trial

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaba

First Grade
So this is what bird said

This is what milligan said

I bet they weren't either they were arguing when they got home.

I could presume other scenarios out of the two initial hospital statements.

Couple argue, woman charges man, woman gets pushed away , woman hits coffee table.

Woman not wanting to appear to be a jealous woman in a rage decides to dob in flatmate to avoid embarrasment.

Stupid boyfriend goes along with it to save her embarrasment.

Goes pair shaped for stupid boyfriend, crazed woman won't make statement accusing bird because crazed woman lied from the start and got stupid boyfriend to go along with it.

"Mr Stanhope said the text message read: "There was an accident, there's blood everywhere ... we have told police it was you. How do you feel about that?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts