What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaba

First Grade
IF there was an accident why send a text message to thier friend for him to take the blame,why did bird lie when he knew he had alot to lose if this accident did happen, like the ruling why didnt bird just say it was a accident instead of blaming an innocent person

Surely

Post Whore
"Mr Stanhope said the text message read: "There was an accident, there's blood everywhere ... we have told police it was you. How do you feel about that?".

that was a lot later than the original statement at the hospital where "mr bird" told the nurse she was pissed and fell over.

Imagine that a drunk woman falling over.

Surely

Post Whore
IF there was an accident why send a text message to thier friend for him to take the blame,why did bird lie when he knew he had alot to lose if this accident did happen, like the ruling why didnt bird just say it was a accident instead of blaming an innocent person

Maybe he was covering up for crazy pissed girlfriend.

What woman especially a jealeous one calls their boyfriend flatmate ?

millersnose

Post Whore
who says they werent surely?

and in any case his fingerprints or dna on glasses in his own unit wouldnt be very compelling evidence i would have thought

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
true Millers, but only if the prosecution used it. The fact that there were no prints in his own unit is even more compelling. But in the wash up, its all a waste of time isn't it?
Bird didnt ram the glass in her face. We shouldn't have lost one of our best players last year over this bullshyte.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
So this is what bird said

This is what milligan said

I bet they weren't either they were arguing when they got home.

I could presume other scenarios out of the two initial hospital statements.

Couple argue, woman charges man, woman gets pushed away , woman hits coffee table.

Woman not wanting to appear to be a jealous woman in a rage decides to dob in flatmate to avoid embarrasment.

Stupid boyfriend goes along with it to save her embarrasment.

Goes pair shaped for stupid boyfriend, crazed woman won't make statement accusing bird because crazed woman lied from the start and got stupid boyfriend to go along with it.

That's a theoretical but it didn't turn out to be that way and was never going to. Experts can tell the difference between a coffee table cut and a glass cut too BTW.

Out of interest have you seen the hospital statements?

millersnose

Post Whore
well reefy tell it to the magistrate

legally he is guilty

though this thread is still good for a few more conspiacy theories and chuckles

Frenzy.

Post Whore
One other question, why weren't birds prints or dna on the glass ?

Did he put gloves on ?

Doesn't matter one iota Surely.

2 people in the flat. 2 suspects. Was one to become a victim of themselves?

Reasonable doubt on that one.

Leaves one suspect.

DNA and prints aren't compulsory.

Surely

Post Whore
who says they werent surely?

and in any case his fingerprints or dna on glasses in his own unit wouldnt be very compelling evidence i would have thought

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...urt-told/2009/04/28/1240684440894.html?page=2
There was no DNA on the broken glass later found in the bedroom and no fingerprints, he said.

The first words heard by a witness uttered by bird

"I didn't," he replied.

The 2nd lot of words heard by a witness uttered by bird

When they arrived at hospital, said Mr Stanhope, Bird told a nurse Ms Milligan had tripped over a coffee table.

Followed up by these gems from milligan

Out of his earshot, Ms Milligan corrected that story, saying: "My flatmate put the glass in my eye. I don't know why he's lying."

then

Ms Milligan told police she had been out with Mr Watson, but they became involved in an argument because she called his girlfriend fat.
After they got home he picked up a glass and threw it, possibly aiming for the mirror but landing it on her face

then

Bird supported her story, telling police he had woken to loud voices and entered the room to see blood on his girlfriend's face.

Looks like someone made up a story and it was milligan that started it.

I'd still like to know how many women call their boyfriend flatmate.

Surely

Post Whore
Doesn't matter one iota Surely.

2 people in the flat. 2 suspects. Was one to become a victim of themselves?

Reasonable doubt on that one.

Leaves one suspect.

DNA and prints aren't compulsory.

I hear what you are saying, and of course it is highly possible that bird did it, it is just as possible that birds first words were the truth, that he didn't do it and that milligan did indeed trip while pissed and land on glass on the coffee table.

it's called reasonable doubt.

The judge made up his mind that bird told the lie, despite it being blatently obvious that it was milligan who first sowed the seeds.

If bird is guilty of false accusation then milligan is too, i would assume an arrest warrant is out for her.

The judge made up his mind that bird told the lie, despite it being blatently obvious that it was milligan who first sowed the seeds.

It's blatantly obvious?

EDIT: I should clarify that question. I don't see how any of us can say it's blatantly obvious.

The full transcript will be available, in time of course. For those eager to look over it.

Last edited:
The irony is, that if Bird told the "truth" at the beginning we wouldn't be hear talking about this now.

Whichever "truth" you chose to subscribe to, the fact remains, Bird is a coward and a liar. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.