What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
Perhaps Gilligan isn't speaking now because she's already said too much and been told to STFU.

How come no one is speculating on possible drug/alcohol use? They'd been out ALL night. Drink and drugs loosen lips. Loose lips sink ships.

I'd suppose there's another possibilty but I am not inferring this or outright saying it.

Just wondered.

BTW. How did Gilligan get to the hospital? 000 call?

So many questions

NO answers
I suggested that on about page 10056.

Like I said, she is studying law here in Australia.
A drug bust is an automatic dismisal .

It stinks of an all night disco biscuit bender IMO.

How do you explain sticking a glass into your own face without admitting to being off your chops on amphets?

more likely she was just getting a bit too lippy and he stabbed her in the eyeball with a broken glass .

gunnamatta bay

Referee
would you leave the house?
I think he is holed up somewhere up near his home town. Even up there you would feel as if you are covered in funnel webs what with people staring and pointing everywhere you go.

By now every possible ramification of these incidents would have crossed his mind. It must be a huge birden to bear.

carcharias

Immortal
I think he is holed up somewhere up near his home town. Even up there you would feel as if you are covered in funnel webs what with people staring and pointing everywhere you go.

By now every possible ramification of these incidents would have crossed his mind. It must be a huge birden to bear.

He is at his place in Cronulla.

samshark

Juniors
Perhaps Gilligan isn't speaking now because she's already said too much and been told to STFU.

How come no one is speculating on possible drug/alcohol use? They'd been out ALL night. Drink and drugs loosen lips. Loose lips sink ships.

I'd suppose there's another possibilty but I am not inferring this or outright saying it.

Just wondered.

BTW. How did Gilligan get to the hospital? 000 call?

So many questions

NO answers

Both were affected by alcohol and Bird took her to hospital. Not sure if he drove, by taxi, friend but he took her.

samshark

Juniors
i was under the impression bird was residing in north sydney - due to him being issued with an AVO

when one of these are issued as a result of a domestic violence charge - one of the conditions can be that the person charged of with the alleged offence must not dwell at his/her place of residency if it was co-occupied at time of the alleged event

but then again, im no legal eagle

You are close to the mark but in this case it is Bird's house, she had been staying temporarily, she has moved out. There was no condition that he cant live there. Each case is different, AVO's dont really specify if co-occupied at the time. If its a husband and wife, same home, mortgage, kids etc and he beats her up then yes it is not fair to move the wife and kids out so he would obviously be restricted from staying in his own house.

samshark

Juniors
Never heard that. If the cops had known that they would have given him a breath test wouldn't they?

I dont know if they knew at first meeting or found out later on when charging but they know both had been drinking prior to the incident and no, they wouldnt have given him a breath test, not unless firstly, they knew he drove a vehicle and secondly they saw him within two hours of driving.

Alternatively, if you saying he would've been breathtested to gage his level of intoxication because he may have been involved in an assault etc, you cant do that. You cant breath test someone to gage how pissed they are if involved in another offence.

Brookie

Juniors
he won't play again this year, sharkies fans should get over that. focus on your team, they don't seem to think they need bird to win.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Alternatively, if you saying he would've been breathtested to gage his level of intoxication because he may have been involved in an assault etc, you cant do that. You cant breath test someone to gage how pissed they are if involved in another offence.
No never suggested that. You said
Both were affected by alcohol
but there seems to be no proof of that.

millersnose

Post Whore
ditto for you reefy

difference of course is bird is charged with a violent crime and a judge ruled there was evidence enough for a conviction even without a statement by milligan

oh and logic

so far i have have heard no, not even speculation, alternative to an assault

why dont you provide one

Status
Not open for further replies.