What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

imasharkie

Coach
Birdie.jpg

The article from RLW.

carcharias

Immortal
Did you guys read last weeks RLW where Bird is apparantly having sessions with well some well known life coach Charlie somebody. Gallen uses him as well. Journo also mentioned that his sources indicated that Bird would not be sacked if found not guilty.

Harper?

2Half_3T6256_09.jpg

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Did you guys read last weeks RLW where Bird is apparantly having sessions with well some well known life coach Charlie somebody. Gallen uses him as well. Journo also mentioned that his sources indicated that Bird would not be sacked if found not guilty.

He is gone. But he wont be sacked.

Brookie

Juniors
you must want Watmough booted out of your club too. Or maybe you are so pizzed off that Manly didn't sack him that you're now a North Sydney Bears supporter and farked Manly off.

lol, is this shyte STILL going?:roll:

hey at least he almost won lock of the year.....:lol:

samshark

Juniors
he would of if he did glass his misses

So you are saying that Bird would have if he didnt 'glass his missus'.

After all that has been written and discussed in this thread that is a real intelligent thing to say CB. With people like you around no wonder the guy has been crucified before anything has been proven.

Dave Q

Coach
I agree Dave. From day one I posed this question.

Then again, as you know Dave, criminals all to often don't give a f**k about their actions.

Cheers Gunna.

I agree that victims compensation and well-being are more important that those of the offender (once the offence has been established).

In this case, the alleged victim doest seem to fit that stereotype of an assault victim, for her own reasons.

However, if we dont address the offender side of the equation, the offender may well become very ill and/or re-offend. That often effects their family and loved ones and other innocents.

As you know Gunna I know some prison officers. They know all about the impediments to rehabilitation.

Id say Bird is experiencing significant anxiety and trauma at the moment.

Guilty or innocent, he really doesnt have much to look forward to.

It cant be undone, so we really need to embrace effective strategies that prevent or minimise these terrible situations. We need strategies that let us and Bird cope with the Birds of the world (guilty or innocent).

We ignore the alleged offender's mind-set at our peril.

Hows the restaurant going?

Last edited:

PJ

First Grade
Do you think maybe we should actually start the finals campaign before we make an assesment as to wether or not it is on the right tracks or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.