What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird

antonius

Coach
Another Newcastle boy makes the blues team.
I remember when Bird was let go by the club at the same time as Franze, there was a flow of discontent through the fans at the time. Have to admit I was one of them, and have followed his career since then. To say it's been up and down is an understatement, but it seems that since Bird learnt to control himself and concentrate on playing footy he has finally realised the potential that a lot of people in Newcastle saw in him way back then. Lets hope that Franze can get back to that original form he showed here as well. He certainly seems to be well on the way, given the injuries he's suffered since leaving here it was always going to take time for him to get confidence back, his form of late though has been the best since he left I reckon.

macavity

Referee
hope he knees Lockyer and Thurston in the head

in the one move

would be spectacular...

perverse

Referee
macavity said:
hope he knees Lockyer and Thurston in the head

in the one move

would be spectacular...
i just hope SOMEONE judo chops justin hodges... CAN'T STAND HIM. :crazy: *GO BIRDY* :crazy:

antonius

Coach
Bird will bring some aggression to the forwards, sadly lacking in game one, and here at the Knights, and he can score a try, yep he's got his faults, but like I said he seems to have reined them in this year.

Big Tim

First Grade
He is like many people look at one A. Johns.

Not the nicest guy in the world, but a talent you have to have.

Pika

Bench
He does one thing I simply cant stand...... he dives.

Someone pushes his faces, he falls to the ground to milk a penalty.

He cops a stray shot, he pretends to be down and out only to magically recover when the penalty is given.

I hate it in soccer, I hate it more in League.

BWNB

First Grade
How long did Bird play for you guys in the lower grades?
We had him playing crap in FG for along time until he was dropped last year, and since then well he has been the best in the team.

roopy

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
How long did Bird play for you guys in the lower grades?
We had him playing crap in FG for along time until he was dropped last year, and since then well he has been the best in the team.
he was captain of our ball side and playing firstgrade for you guys the next season.
you guys rushed him too fast.

macavity

Referee
in the herald today ben quinn has an article on him.

interesting - and I cant believe we let him go.

AdamT

Juniors
macavity said:

Cant you? Why not? Anthony Topou, Anthony Quinn, Ben Kennedy, Michael Ennis, Tamana Tahu the list is endless during one CEO's particular rein. Yet we keep others that Smith has correctly identified as dead wood.

How can you not believe it Mac?

As others have said Bird's agression and enthusiasm and ticker is sadly missing in the knights pack and the Blues pack also. I cant wait for him to get stuck into them. He is a genuine talent the kid from Lochinvar.

antonius

Coach
macavity said:

Exactly what I'm saying Mac, we let him, Franze, Tupou, and Jermain Ale all go at around the same time. All of them showed huge potential back then.

BWNB

First Grade
roopy said:
he was captain of our ball side and playing firstgrade for you guys the next season.
you guys rushed him too fast.
Rushed him is an understatement, now he is showing maturity and would it be fair to say he is captain material. Would you agree?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rushed him is an understatement, now he is showing maturity and would it be fair to say he is captain material. Would you agree?

Provided he could get the unflattering elements out of his game. He's still doing things in tackles that, while I'll cheer it when he does it for NSW, aren't really setting a great example.

BWNB

First Grade
CWBush said:
Provided he could get the unflattering elements out of his game. He's still doing things in tackles that, while I'll cheer it when he does it for NSW, aren't really setting a great example.

Thats right, he still is but not nearly as much as he used to. Watch Wed night he will rip in. Go Birdy!

roopy

Referee
Bird
Ennis
Buderus
Johns
Seu Seu

Newcastle can produce em, and it depends on whether they are playing for you or against you if they are super competitive players or dirty little pricks.

Ranger Jace

Juniors
Isn't Bird off-contract for 2009? I say we should go for him next year, give him Reynos money plus more.

Latest posts