What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis: 18 mths good behaviour bond for mid range DUI, speeding offences

carcharias

Immortal
FFS, and you think others have a problem controlling themselves on the grog.

Lol.

It's sad you can't see ways to drink and NOT drive. Or just not drink if you have to drive.

Extremely naive.

Take Greg's advice Carch - have a plan B bud. :laughing:

Totally avoiding the question again?

I’m not surprised.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Inglis is embarrassing to listen to. He really does sound as though he's a genius. At least Cordner can string together more than 2 syllables.

Inglis isnt a Captains ball bag and he proved that at his press conference after going DUI. The Green and Gold values should have dictated immediately stepping down from the Captainancy.

Meninga's insistence that the door hasnt been closed on a Inglis Captainancy also shows poor leadership and fails to uphold the principles that should govern any successful culture.

Ya had ya chance Gregy boy and ya blew it. Tough.

Last edited:

parraeel

Juniors
Inglis is embarrassing to listen to. He really does sound as though he's a genius. At least Cordner can string together more than 2 syllables.

Inglis isnt a Captains ball bag and he proved that at his press conference after going DUI. The Green and Gold values should have dictated immediately stepping down from the Captainancy.

Meninga's insistence that the door hasnt been closed on a Inglis Captainancy also shows poor leadership and fails to uphold the principles that should govern any successful culture.

Those values for QLD and now kangaroos was a myth , it was just a excuse they used not to let players smith and his buds didn't want like DCE and Fifita.
Take away all the leg ups from refs and shit smith got away with , QLD would have been lucky to win half those series

Canard

Immortal

I wish he'd stop pretending to talk through his arse at press conferences though.

Ace Ventura was 25 years ago for f**ks sake.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Inglis isnt a Captains ball bag and he proved that at his press conference after going DUI.

I would argue he proved it by going DUI the day after he was awarded the captaincy. He has been part of the rotten culture at Souths where they are told that any indiscretion can be swept under the carpet or Richo's close mate Andrew Webster will write a puff piece on his behalf to win public sympathy.

Tiger5150

Bench
I would argue he proved it by going DUI the day after he was awarded the captaincy. He has been part of the rotten culture at Souths where they are told that any indiscretion can be swept under the carpet or Richo's close mate Andrew Webster will write a puff piece on his behalf to win public sympathy.

Listening to Dean "Bulldog" Ritchie on BSB yesterday....."We were all really hoping there could be some leniency shown to Greg and that he would get off because he deserves it but they had to act. I thought they were harsh on him"

This is a journalist? Are they all on Rusties gravy train?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
All these sychophantic f**kwits like Dean Ritchie and coaches like Bellamy and Meninga would change their tune if they had a member of their family seriously hurt or killed by a drunk driver.

If you make $1m a year and you can't find a way to not drink and drive, you're even more of a dumb f**k.

People mistake GI for someone with class because he does things for his culture. Which is note-worthy, but it doesn't make him a captain's asshole or a person with any level of intelligence.

Pommy

Coach
So is the two game test ban the extent of the NRLs punishment to him?
If so that’s disgusting when you compare to others such as Pearce.

I was totally against the whole sexting circus as it was all concocted by the media to do maximum damage to the club and sport, this on the other hand is a genuine criminal offence.

Tiger5150

Bench
All these sychophantic f**kwits like Dean Ritchie and coaches like Bellamy and Meninga would change their tune if they had a member of their family seriously hurt or killed by a drunk driver.

If you make $1m a year and you can't find a way to not drink and drive, you're even more of a dumb f**k.

People mistake GI for someone with class because he does things for his culture. Which is note-worthy, but it doesn't make him a captain's asshole or a person with any level of intelligence.

Clearly GI does do things for his aboriginal culture which is commendable, but I cant get past the fact that his TPA when he came to Souffs was with an aboriginal funding organisation(?). Surely that means he is taking money out of their hands?

Quicksilver

Bench
If the NRL don't pander the ARU would happily take him.

That's the problem. They can't go hard on the upper echelon players.

His manager would make that well known to the NRL and they would fold to his demands.

Throw in Meninga's jobs for the boys attitude and he's all good.

carcharias

Immortal
Clearly GI does do things for his aboriginal culture which is commendable, but I cant get past the fact that his TPA when he came to Souffs was with an aboriginal funding organisation(?). Surely that means he is taking money out of their hands?

A lot of indigenous organisations are filthy rich.

_Johnsy

Referee

100%

It was a no brainer that he step down immediately, the fact he didn't know/think or believe this speaks volumes of the man.

Which brings us to Mal, he would have known straight away that GI had gone over and been done for speeding. The fact he didn't tell him to step down, and is still backing him to return again at some point as Cpt, again speaks volumes about the man, Mal "The games given me nothing" Meninga.

Listening to Dean "Bulldog" Ritchie on BSB yesterday....."We were all really hoping there could be some leniency shown to Greg and that he would get off because he deserves it but they had to act. I thought they were harsh on him"

This is a journalist? Are they all on Rusties gravy train?

Which is even funnier when just about every ex-NRL player who has commented about Inglis' punishment publicly has said they thought it was spot on and appropriate in measure.