What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMUX

I'm hearing Champion to the Storm rumours. That would be ironic. The club that caused all these issues might just be the one to solve it.

Rusty is the only person that caused the current issue with his creative accountancy skills.

Plus the storm rumours, we just need 1 of them to come true and Inglis is a Rabbitoh. No thanks to the NRL.

Although, the Sharks? Bloody hell, I pity the bloke. Hope he's on good money.

Why? Taking the last 30 years into account, you are statistically more likely to appear in finals games with the Sharks than with the Bunnies.

fred95

Juniors
I think that after haggling the price Cronulla would pay for Champion and reaching a stalemate Souths were forced to throw a journeyman forward or a talented youngster into the deal.

Liddell

Juniors
+1
A bloody LaPer junior booted to make way for a mercenary that can't even show loyalty to his state.
50uffs have pretty much sh*t on everything the club claimed to stand for.

But people like yourself want it both ways. We keep Champion, clearly no where near as talented at Inglis, miss the 8 again and you will be the first one taking the piss.

Try to improve the roster, and that happens to be by getting rid of a junior, were worse then hitler.

boxhead

First Grade
Liddell, if you advocate getting rid of a Souths junior who works tirelessly in the community for a player that wants to be paid tonnes of money to do said charity work and has the nerve to think "yeah, my cousin can go away so I can play here" then I don't know what to think.

BunniesMan

Immortal
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/The-Club/Players-2011/BeauChampion.html

Seriously they are going to cut this guy to bring in Inglis??

lol at Bunnies fans who honestly wonder why it's so easy to hate your club.
Show me one fan of ANY club, who gives a sh*t if fans of other clubs hate his club?

It's not personal. It's business. This is professional footy. Winning comes first. As for Champion being involved in Souths cares, so is Mundine, I don't see you talking about how that makes him a great bloke?
Not happening Cleary. He loves the attention. Said it before, it's a 'look at me' mentality.
Said it before, you have the intelligence of a braindead goldfish.

Last edited:

Bench
Liddell, if you advocate getting rid of a Souths junior who works tirelessly in the community for a player that wants to be paid tonnes of money to do said charity work and has the nerve to think "yeah, my cousin can go away so I can play here" then I don't know what to think.
Well I know what to think,but can't legally say it,but I will say this,as everyday passes I hope more and more this fool gets his come uppance.

Bench
Well I know what to think,but can't legally say it,but I will say this,as everyday passes I hope more and more this fool gets his come uppance.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
+1
A bloody LaPer junior booted to make way for a mercenary that can't even show loyalty to his state.
50uffs have pretty much sh*t on everything the club claimed to stand for.

Wow, a Souths player may be signing for another club.
Since when have players signed for someone else?

So you are saying that your club has never moved on any players?
Remember guys like Ryles and Morris? Loyal servants to the club, gone.

Then you have shifted players to pay for Gasnier's backended contract.

We have 11 local juniors in our squad, so thanks for your concern.

Fien

Juniors
Show me one fan of ANY club, who gives a sh*t if fans of other clubs hate his club? It's not personal.

How dare you say that. It IS personal and I take great offence any time someone picks on my beloved South Sydney. I just wish all the haters would go away and stop picking on the Rabbits. It's nearly Christmas and all this picking on my team is taking away my festive spirit.

All you haters - LEAVE US ALONE. We will get Greg and then you'll be sorry.

And you, Mr BunniesMan, you've been told many times by my fellow fans that your views don't represent South Sydney, so please stop making trouble for us.

drake

First Grade
Wow, a Souths player may be signing for another club.
Since when have players signed for someone else?

So you are saying that your club has never moved on any players?
Remember guys like Ryles and Morris? Loyal servants to the club, gone.

Then you have shifted players to pay for Gasnier's backended contract.

We have 11 local juniors in our squad, so thanks for your concern.

You are comparing a quick coerced offload of a local junior rep player to make way for a "melbourne' junior demanding a small fortune with not resigning a representative player we bought from another club, to make way for a local junior with a name synonomous with the St George side of the club? Or maybe it's Jarrod Saffy, who wanted to go back to Rugby Union which he has played since he was a kid in South Africa?

Morris was offered overs by the Bulldogs, who were headhunting his brother as well. Gasnier was nowhere in sight, and his loss had nothing to do with the club offloading him.

Ryles was simply way over paid for a front row forward and Bennett does not pay high coin for front rowers. A lot of Dragons fans were sad to see him go, but the choice was a paycut or England.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
But people like yourself want it both ways. We keep Champion, clearly no where near as talented at Inglis, miss the 8 again and you will be the first one taking the piss.

Try to improve the roster, and that happens to be by getting rid of a junior, were worse then hitler.

Further to this, if we tried to take on the 3PA ruling in court, we would be 'bringing down the League', if we take it on the chin and try to work around it by finding a player or two a new home we are 'shafting our players'.

Inglis is clearly the new Satan, and has brought so much disrespect to the game. He is the first player in the history of game, and maybe sports, who is trying to get a better deal for himself. All of the other players in the comp, do it for the love of their club apparently.

Yet we have the same posters on this thread who try and justify their own players getting their balls licked by a dog, gangbanging young girls, sh*tting in hotel corridors, signing turncoats who went to play Union and bagged off League, getting arrested for all manner of things etc.

Liddell

Juniors

The thing is, in 12 months time Champion wouldnt be offered a new contract anyway. He has been in first grade since 2005 and still hasn't nailed down a first grade spot. He has Farrell in front of him and if the contract wasn't rejected, he would have been playing for the bears next year.

One minute people go on about how we overate our juniors, next we have to keep them all or we are the worst club in the world.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
You are comparing a quick coerced offload of a local junior rep player to make way for a "melbourne' junior demanding a small fortune with not resigning a representative player we bought from another club, to make way for a local junior with a name synonomous with the St George side of the club? Or maybe it's Jarrod Saffy, who wanted to go back to Rugby Union which he has played since he was a kid in South Africa?

Morris was offered overs by the Bulldogs, who were headhunting his brother as well. Gasnier was nowhere in sight, and his loss had nothing to do with the club offloading him.

Ryles was simply way over paid for a front row forward and Bennett does not pay high coin for front rowers. A lot of Dragons fans were sad to see him go, but the choice was a paycut or England.

Ryles was overpaid? What does that have to do with being loyal to your long serving players?

What about Brownie? Loyal clubman who got shafted from the coaching gig? Why was that, because you got a better Coach? A bit like Champion in comparison to GI.

They are just the examples off the top of my head. Do you want me to go through the list of your players that have been moved on in the past 5 years? We can do this for any club, so stop with the hysteria and loyalty crap.

Canard

Immortal
completely agree... i knew quite a few people who went out to craigieburn in melbourne (eg equivalent of maquarie fields in sydney) just to watch karmichael hunt play for 20 mins in 2nd division afl...

the impact would be massive...

I watched the game on ABC Tv (here in Melbourne), there was maybe 300 people there. So hardly worth the Millions paid out.

There will be quite a few hyped "firsts", as in Hunt and Folau's first game, first goal etc. but its the law of diminshing returns. After all these firsts are achieved non-AFL people will lose interest.

Folau and Hunt will be back playing league once there contracts expire or even before.

drake

First Grade
Ryles was overpaid? What does that have to do with being loyal to your long serving players?

What about Brownie? Loyal clubman who got shafted from the coaching gig? Why was that, because you got a better Coach? A bit like Champion in comparison to GI.

They are just the examples off the top of my head. Do you want me to go through the list of your players that have been moved on in the past 5 years? We can do this for any club, so stop with the hysteria and loyalty crap.
And the scramble for justification. Comparing normal football operations that all clubs engage in (how many coaches have 50uffs crucified since they slithered back in?) with the massive clusterf**k that is the Inglis joke is ridiculous.

"Hey mate, I know you were quoted as saying you'd die a happy man if you won a grand final with the club, but would you mind f**king off to the 43 year old virgins so we can squeeze your cuz in? We're remaking the training room doors for just the same reason."

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I watched the game on ABC Tv (here in Melbourne), there was maybe 300 people there. So hardly worth the Millions paid out.

300 people to a game in cragieburn is a lot higher than normal, however..

so put that on a grander scale.....

Canard

Immortal
300 people to a game in cragieburn is a lot higher than normal, however..

so put that on a grander scale.....

But is it sustainable?, I tend to agree that cutie first game will cause a lot of interest in NSW and QLD but after that I have my doubts.

Heck I reckon Ill go to watch the Suns play in Melbourne if he is playing just to watch, but will I go to more than one game? Doubtful

Ike E Bear

Juniors
The thing is, in 12 months time Champion wouldnt be offered a new contract anyway. He has been in first grade since 2005 and still hasn't nailed down a first grade spot. He has Farrell in front of him and if the contract wasn't rejected, he would have been playing for the bears next year.

One minute people go on about how we overate our juniors, next we have to keep them all or we are the worst club in the world.

Can't agree with you on this.

I think Champion is a solid, first grade standard centre.

The first half of 2010 he was excellent, but then dropped away when the Bunnies hit their injury crisis and the performance of the team as a whole dipped.

Farrell is an exciting young propect who had a couple of good games on debut.

I'd be more worried if I was Talanoa, because Farrell seems to know where the tryline is and would probably go well on the wing.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But is it sustainable?, I tend to agree that cutie first game will cause a lot of interest in NSW and QLD but after that I have my doubts.

Heck I reckon Ill go to watch the Suns play in Melbourne if he is playing just to watch, but will I go to more than one game? Doubtful

may not be sustainable to keep getting every person back, however what it does do it expose the game to people who previously were staunch league fans and wouldn't watch that "aerial ping pong crap" and may just convert a few of them..

that's the danger..

Ziggy the God

First Grade
And the scramble for justification. Comparing normal football operations that all clubs engage in (how many coaches have 50uffs crucified since they slithered back in?) with the massive clusterf**k that is the Inglis joke is ridiculous.

"Hey mate, I know you were quoted as saying you'd die a happy man if you won a grand final with the club, but would you mind f**king off to the 43 year old virgins so we can squeeze your cuz in? We're remaking the training room doors for just the same reason."

Oh right, so if Saints do it it is 'normal football operations'.

Must be my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.