What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
righto, i didnt think you could be that simple :D
Haha, I was waiting for a bite on that one.

For what it's worth I think Smith is actually under rated, but my butthurt Dragons fan friend thinks the goons will be better off without Smith next year.

roboshark

Coach
When is this likely to be announced if true I wonder

Another second rower hey..wish it was a decent fronrt rower

BunniesMan

Immortal
Will that be enough though for those wankers to sign that other wanker
Although it depends on exactly how much he's signed for with the Sharks, it probably will.
Nicely put,if it is Champion I hope he stars for you blokes,and tells all what a wonderful loyal club Souths really are.
This is professional sport. Winning is the most important thing. Loyalty is fantastic, but not if it stands in the way of winning.

roboshark

Coach
The word loyalty could almost be taken out of every dictionary these days...and not just in sport

Unfortunately

BunniesMan

Immortal
AS ESSENDON publicly declared their interest in NRL superstar Greg Inglis yesterday, rugby league and South Sydney supporters can be buoyed by the news the Test star has been looking at real estate in Sydney.

A source close to one of the third-party deals that the NRL skittled confirmed Inglis has been active in the real estate market and remains focused on a future at Redfern.

His furniture will this weekend be transported to Sydney from Melbourne.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Inglis was in Melbourne yesterday sorting out personal affairs, flew back to Sydney last night and will spend Christmas on the Sunshine Coast with his new wife Sally Robinson's family.
Good to see him spending his time in NSW and QLD...rugby league territory, rather than down in Mexico.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp.../story-e6frexnr-1225975144877?from=public_rss

RWB

Bench
please refer back to your original quote - i cant think of any other bigger game (as you put it) in season 2010 that the GF and you leaked 32 points and your halves were nowhere to be seen :oops:

1 game is a pretty small sample size, I believe I said big games not the biggest game. A small difference but a critical one to stop yourself from looking like a knob. If you could actually put together an argument I'd be more than happy to back up my point but atm you just sound like some dumb Sydney cabbie. Bet I'm not far off either.

RWB

Bench
hearing its champion and a depth 2nd rower

A depth second rower makes no sense unless he was being payed big overs... releasing a player on near minimum wage isn't going to do a whole lot.

Champion would be a decent signing for the Sharks, if only they could find a decent halfback now..

cleary89

Coach
Your both wrong. The talk is he'll get the exact same outside the cap marketing bonuses that Folau and Hunt got. If he goes he'll be getting a million a year. And it's not like it's a stretch, Demetriou has money to burn, he'd love to give about 700k of it as a big FU to the NRL.

Folau and Hunt aren't even on the same money, so your wrong.

Do you really think more people will watch Essondon because he is playing for them? Really?

Eels Dude

Coach

Do you really think more people will watch Essondon because he is playing for them? Really?

Exactly. They'll throw cash at Folau and Hunt because they want them to be the face of the game in new markets which would be struggling for a face anyway. Inglis in a Melbourne club... meh. They've got enough marketable players already. Inglis would probably be behind the top 50 AFL players down there when it came to fame wise. Not to mention he cannot kick, accelerate, or jump, requirements of AFL players.

BunniesMan

Immortal

I'm saying they'll spin his million dollar a year salary as "marketing". I'm not saying it would pay off for them. My point was they have so much money they can toss around a few hundred k without doing a cost benefit analysis before hand.
Just wish this would hurry up and end. Then BM doesn't have to post any more.
cleary89, you know you love me:hg: :ls:. So don't worry, I'll still be here even when Inglis is signed, sealed and delivered as a Rabbitoh.

cleary89

Coach
Lol, you really love the afl. Next thing we know, they will scrap the suns marketing budget, and pay for every player to come play afl next year.

Can you think up any more lies for us? How about;
- The afl have so much money, they could buy GI enough credit at Jenny Craig
- The afl have so much money, they could pay for Oprahs food bill
- The afl have so much money, they will hire professional photographers to get better pictures of the boys bonding sessions.

Any more for us BM?

Status
Not open for further replies.