What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysseus

Bench
You shouldn't, "the gifted claytons" will hold a special place in Rugby League folklore. :p

Well look what the f**king cat dragged in from the used tampon bin.
You've been awfully quiet since early October, we just assumed you had hung yourself or something, or we at least kind of hoped for that.

Since that is not the case, how was the sex change operation in Cuba?

Big Mick

Referee
bullsh*t.

He had a handshake deal, same as Inglis, said he was coming and pulled out.

Both of them had not signed anything on paper.

LOL

Lewis' handshake was before June 30 when contracts are to be registered. He wanted to stay at Penrith and therefore withdrew from the South's offer within the 30 day cooling off period and went BACK to his club that he played for his whole career.

Inglis told Brisbane he was playing for them for 6 months, announcing it and selling season tickets based on Inglis' arrival. Inglis turns around once pre-season training starts and goes "nah i'm rejecting the offer i'm going to Souths". All this after months of his "i'm leaving on compassionate grounds to be with the girlfriend that I beat the sh*t out of to protect her from herself" crap.

To compare that piece of turd Inglis to a class act like Lewis is just a pathetic way for Souths fans and management to justify Inglis' actions.

Like I said, I couldn't give two sh*ts about inglis as a man because I think he is a wanker. I don't think South's are over the cap with him, and I don't think this signing makes South's premiership contenders...they need a halfback to do that.

But Inglis' actions prove that he is a tool and he has been taught and lectured on that by the owner of the toolbox in Anthony Mundine.

Gee I'd piss myself laughing if he turned around and said "Nah I'm not going to Souths I'm going to French Rugby"...it'll be funny to see how Souths fans will be absolutely PISSED the same way Brisbane fans are.

Fein

First Grade
Well look what the f**king cat dragged in from the used tampon bin.
You've been awfully quiet since early October, we just assumed you had hung yourself or something, or we at least kind of hoped for that.

Since that is not the case, how was the sex change operation in Cuba?

Damn, I'd hoped you'd been tasered.

Smiley

Bench
I am yet to see any credible arguments over how the Broncos were able to afford Inglis under their cap in the first place..the Broncos bought Hannant for a sh*t load, they have Lockyer, they have Thaiday, they have Hodges,they have Parker,all these guys would cost you a gold brick each, and then the upgardes on their your guns to keep them would be enormous..and yet they said they afford Inglis easily..thats a rort for starters..losing Folau would not offset the cost of getting Inglsi legitimately.

And Saints, getting Gasnier for the price of junior is a rort of the decade, they then have Darrius Boyd, Morris, Nightingale, Cooper and Hornby and the little drunk at 5/8 let alone some of their forwards.

Save your suspicion for those 2 teams when it comes to rorting because it appears they have been given free reign!

Well the Broncos released Clinton around this time last year and he was on around 275K. We picked up Tronc cheaply who was returning to play for Redcliffe before the Broncos stepped in. We lost PJ Marsh at the beginning of this year to a career ending injury and had to continue to pay out his remaining year. We released Micheals mid-season and then of course there is Folau.

Thaiday, Parker and Hodges are all off-contract at the end of next season.
Thaiday has only started to play good and consistent football this season and when he last signed he was an impact forward coming off the bench.
Hodges would be on good money and Parker seems to be only rated by the Broncos so I don't see him on more than 300K.

haha

Juniors
LOL

Lewis' handshake was before June 30 when contracts are to be registered. He wanted to stay at Penrith and therefore withdrew from the South's offer within the 30 day cooling off period and went BACK to his club that he played for his whole career.

Inglis told Brisbane he was playing for them for 6 months, announcing it and selling season tickets based on Inglis' arrival. Inglis turns around once pre-season training starts and goes "nah i'm rejecting the offer i'm going to Souths". All this after months of his "i'm leaving on compassionate grounds to be with the girlfriend that I beat the sh*t out of to protect her from herself" crap.

To compare that piece of turd Inglis to a class act like Lewis is just a pathetic way for Souths fans and management to justify Inglis' actions.

Like I said, I couldn't give two sh*ts about inglis as a man because I think he is a wanker. I don't think South's are over the cap with him, and I don't think this signing makes South's premiership contenders...they need a halfback to do that.

But Inglis' actions prove that he is a tool and he has been taught and lectured on that by the owner of the toolbox in Anthony Mundine.

Gee I'd piss myself laughing if he turned around and said "Nah I'm not going to Souths I'm going to French Rugby"...it'll be funny to see how Souths fans will be absolutely PISSED the same way Brisbane fans are.

Lewis was offered a crap contract from penrith that he declined, correct?
Souths offered lewis a good contract and he accepted, correct?

Penrith and lewis start playing good and penrith think "sh*t, what are we doing" and offer him what he is worth.

Luke comes up with a sob story of a sick relo and says it is to far to drive to redfern everyday.

If we work off the GI is a dog principle why didn't luke say "I wanted to stay at penrith but the offer was crap but now they have matched south's offer and I am happy to stay".

I think both players were entitled to do what they have done until a contract is signed and it makes me laugh how much of a jealous rage some posters have gone into. love it lol.

the1

Juniors
Your pack. Asotasi, Luke, Pettybourne, Burgess, Taylor, Crocker. Add Ross, Wesser, Sutton and Champion played City Origin all rep at some stage.

To Ziggy. Gasiner came mid season giving Dragons time to offload Costigan, Smith and Saffy giving them money to work with

LOL. You're crazy if you think they are all rep players. I could go through every club and they would still have more rep players. We have 4 rep players at best. One-offs do not count. As I said I could go through any team oneoffs.

franklin2323

Immortal
LOL. You're crazy if you think they are all rep players. I could go through every club and they would still have more rep players. We have 4 rep players at best. One-offs do not count. As I said I could go through any team oneoffs.

Have they not played rep footy?? Granted a few prob shouldn't be classed as rep but the facts is they are. If he left Souths would Pettybourne not shop around as a NZ international?? Yes despite only playing a few games of course he would.

I remember the headlines when Ross re-signed Qld player signs with Souths after clearance.

DC_fan

Coach
Sky News Australia is reporting on their nightly news that Greg Inglis has signed a 2 year contract worth $2million.

Status
Not open for further replies.