What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis headed to South Sydney - no players to be shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Chris Walker did to Souths was far worse than both INglis and Lewis combined tbh.

Signed... Waited til we couldn't sign anyone else.... Gained a release on compassionate grounds on the basis that he wasn't going to play for anyone else.... Signed with our arch enemy a few weeks later.

If you want to know how Inglis will be viewed in a few years time for doing what he's done, just look at Walker. He's barely rated a mention in this entire thread. No one will worry about the how and why in a few years time.

yobbo84

Coach
haters-gonna-hate-rural-pimp.jpg

Noa

First Grade
What Chris Walker did to Souths was far worse than both INglis and Lewis combined tbh.

Signed... Waited til we couldn't sign anyone else.... Gained a release on compassionate grounds on the basis that he wasn't going to play for anyone else.... Signed with our arch enemy a few weeks later.

If you want to know how Inglis will be viewed in a few years time for doing what he's done, just look at Walker. He's barely rated a mention in this entire thread. No one will worry about the how and why in a few years time.

Misty will never forget :lol:

Fein

First Grade
Everyone except Souths fans can see that this deal stinks. Inglis's reputation will forever be tarnished for being a scumbag turncoat merkin, who stab you in the back at the first opportunity as long as there's something in it for him.

What a wanker. I hope he and Souths fail at everything they attempt.

You sound upset Skeepe, are your balls dry?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Maybe not.

But you have re-signed Luke, Ross, Wesser, Mansour, Talanoa and Vai Vai. Are you seriously trying to tell me that not a single one of those players received an upgrade?
I'm sure some of those players did get an upgrade, some would have got a downgrade too. And there's the guys we didn't resign at all.

I just think it's ridiculous to suggest Souths are cheating the cap so soon after the Storm scandal...with one of the players involved in that scandal. Souths management isn't stupid, they know the NRL will be taking a close look at this, they're not going to do anything illegal when they could get caught just as easily as the Storm did. Cheating the cap is simply not worth the risk.

to_ddeath

Coach
I believe the media when they report something logical, and have my doubts when I think they're being ridiculous. Which I think is the case for anybody.

And Danny Weidler >>> Phil Rothfield. By a mile.

Any other credible journalist >>>>>> weidler >>>>>>> rothfield

T.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I believe the media when they report something logical, and have my doubts when I think they're being ridiculous. Which I think is the case for anybody.

And Danny Weidler >>> Phil Rothfield. By a mile.

Lol. You believe a media report when it's telling you what you want to hear.

Bench
Any slight cred Richo and Souths might have had went out the window when Richo said he doesn't know anything about Mundine getting involved.
Hell he can't be that stupid,so he must be a liar,so therefore he could well be telling porkies about everything,he treats the media and public as fools,I really hope he is exposed and soon.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Again on this "more stars" bs are you? Lockyer, Thaiday, Hodges. Who else do you think qualifies as a superstar? You've got Asotasi, Luke, Burgess as absolute stars of the game and arguably Sutton and Taylor getting close to that level.

No love for Hannant and Wallace? They've also got a few players sniffing around Origin (T'eo and Yow Yeh).

The Broncos have plenty of young guys too, however, so I was comfortable that between the unfathomable third party sponsorship stuff and changes to the cap that they were probably compliant even if they nabbed Inglis.

By the same token I don't get what all the fuss is over Souths. They are a team that didn't even make the finals. They have two current international players (neither Australian, which does count for something), one recently-debuted Origin player and two fringe representative players. That's hardly super impressive compared to many other teams. For example the Eels, who also didn't make the finals have two current internationals, three Origins players and two more who played Origin in 2009 ... and apparently they have a tonne of money to spend but can't seemingly recruit any non-rejects.

Successful clubs or clubs with a "super coach" (which also seem to be the successful clubs ... go figure) seem to be able to assemble and develop very impressive teams. Souths should be celebrated as a team of one-time strugglers who are trying to step up.

sharko

Juniors
I am yet to see any credible arguments over how the Broncos were able to afford Inglis under their cap in the first place..the Broncos bought Hannant for a sh*t load, they have Lockyer, they have Thaiday, they have Hodges,they have Parker,all these guys would cost you a gold brick each, and then the upgardes on their your guns to keep them would be enormous..and yet they said they afford Inglis easily..thats a rort for starters..losing Folau would not offset the cost of getting Inglsi legitimately.

And Saints, getting Gasnier for the price of junior is a rort of the decade, they then have Darrius Boyd, Morris, Nightingale, Cooper and Hornby and the little drunk at 5/8 let alone some of their forwards.

Save your suspicion for those 2 teams when it comes to rorting because it appears they have been given free reign!

Fein

First Grade
I am yet to see any credible arguments over how the Broncos were able to afford Inglis under their cap in the first place..the Broncos bought Hannant for a sh*t load, they have Lockyer, they have Thaiday, they have Hodges,they have Parker,all these guys would cost you a gold brick each, and then the upgardes on their your guns to keep them would be enormous..and yet they said they afford Inglis easily..thats a rort for starters..losing Folau would not offset the cost of getting Inglsi legitimately.

And Saints, getting Gasnier for the price of junior is a rort of the decade, they then have Darrius Boyd, Morris, Nightingale, Cooper and Hornby and the little drunk at 5/8 let alone some of their forwards.

Save your suspicion for those 2 teams when it comes to rorting because it appears they have been given free reign!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dragon Dave

Bench
Ingli$ is holding off signing for Souths because he is waiting for a better offer.

Going to Brisbane to be with family, shake hands with CEO and turn up to off-season...no wait! Choc and the Gladiator reckon I can get more cash in Sydney, I'll sign with them....no wait! Let's see who else I can scrape an extra dollar from.

At the end of the day, Inglis wants the most money he can get - no matter where or who it is. It would not surprise me one bit if tomorrows headlines were "GI Turns Back on NRL to Join French Rugby"

He's pathetic, and is already past his best anyway.

to_ddeath

Coach

Of course, we had nothing to do with Inglis & you had to be bitter and throw in Gasnier.
I agreed with you up until that point. Free reign my ass. Who did we have to get rid of to keep him?
Costigan AND Jeremy Smith.
Fail post.

T.

Dragon Dave

Bench

LOL

Let's see how the Saints could fit in Gaz:

1. Darius Boyd - Told by Brisbane he was not wanted, so followed Wayne. He has since become a superstar (that's after he signed a contract, for the slow ones.)
2. Morris - Would be on decent money but has only excelled in 2009 and 10
3. Gasnier - Back-ended contract
4. Cooper - Would be on good money
5. Nightingale - Like Morris, has only excelled last 2 seasons
6. Soward - Signed for minimum wage when Easts didn't want him, has since had 1 upgrade.
7. Hornby - Will never even think about playing for another club and has taken paycuts to keep players like Cooper and Creagh.
8. Costigan - Not wanted by Canberra, only excelled this season.
9. Fien/Priddis - Both at back-end of career, Fien not wanted by Warriors.
10. Weyman - Was a nuffie thug from Canberra who noone rated until he came here
11. Scott - Not wanted by Cronulla, was a fringe first grader until last year.
12. Creagh - Would be on good money
13. Young - Same as Hornby.

Just because we now have a premiership winning strong side, people automatically assume all players are on big salaries. When we sign players like Scott, Weyman, Fien they are nobodys. We sign them for a good price, Bennett works his magic and they become Origin players (in Weyman and Scotts case.)

Who was Michael Weyman in 2008? That fat guy who punched Daniel Conn

Who was Beau Scott in 2008?

Who was Jamie Soward in 2007?

It's called good talent scouting and recruitment, not cap rorting.

skeepe

Immortal
LOL

Let's see how the Saints could fit in Gaz:

1. Darius Boyd - Told by Brisbane he was not wanted, so followed Wayne. He has since become a superstar (that's after he signed a contract, for the slow ones.)
2. Morris - Would be on decent money but has only excelled in 2009 and 10
3. Gasnier - Back-ended contract
4. Cooper - Would be on good money
5. Nightingale - Like Morris, has only excelled last 2 seasons
6. Soward - Signed for minimum wage when Easts didn't want him, has since had 1 upgrade.
7. Hornby - Will never even think about playing for another club and has taken paycuts to keep players like Cooper and Creagh.
8. Costigan - Not wanted by Canberra, only excelled this season.
9. Fien/Priddis - Both at back-end of career, Fien not wanted by Warriors.
10. Weyman - Was a nuffie thug from Canberra who noone rated until he came here
11. Scott - Not wanted by Cronulla, was a fringe first grader until last year.
12. Creagh - Would be on good money
13. Young - Same as Hornby.

Just because we now have a premiership winning strong side, people automatically assume all players are on big salaries. When we sign players like Scott, Weyman, Fien they are nobodys. We sign them for a good price, Bennett works his magic and they become Origin players (in Weyman and Scotts case.)

Who was Michael Weyman in 2008? That fat guy who punched Daniel Conn

Who was Beau Scott in 2008?

Who was Jamie Soward in 2007?

It's called good talent scouting and recruitment, not cap rorting.

You're 100% incorrect about Weyman.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Your pack. Asotasi, Luke, Pettybourne, Burgess, Taylor, Crocker. Add Ross, Wesser, Sutton and Champion played City Origin all rep at some stage.

To Ziggy. Gasiner came mid season giving Dragons time to offload Costigan, Smith and Saffy giving them money to work with

So we have backended his contract to find the room in coming seasons.

Seasons that will include the next TV deal, which we hope will see increases in the salary cap.

God-King Dean

Immortal

17-0092_xl.jpg

Ziggy the God

First Grade
So...he has played for Penrith his whole career.

Its not as if he was signing with the Bunnies and turned around and signed with the Roosters.

That's the equivalent of what Inglis is doing.

bullsh*t.

He had a handshake deal, same as Inglis, said he was coming and pulled out.

Both of them had not signed anything on paper.

franklin2323

Immortal
So we have backended his contract to find the room in coming seasons.

Seasons that will include the next TV deal, which we hope will see increases in the salary cap.

Which I have no problem with. If someone goes as with Smith and Costigan's departure. I expect Crocker or Wesser to 'retire' before the season starts numerous occasions Richo has said no room in the cap.

It would be wrong to say players will go when the squad hasn't started training yet and the main thing is Inglis hasn't signed yet. sign him and clear the cap then BEFORE the season and I am happy

Status
Not open for further replies.