What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis

broncos2010

Juniors
Come on guys give him some credit and the board , this guy is a freak and when he is up to it can win matches with some freakish stuff. Best center in the world for me he will bring heaps to us next year.

Broncos93

Juniors
....Who hasn't given him credit? He's obviously a superstar but his attitude that his two years with the Broncos is filling in time until he can return to Melbourne is alarming to most of us.

We couldn't even hold on to Folau for more than 2 years, what's the chances of holding onto Greg Inglis when he has motivation to leave already.

grandorient

Bench
You guys are looking good for next year, not just a set of superb backs, but a great set of forwards.

Broncos 2011 is already looking the goods.

GO

siv

First Grade
....Who hasn't given him credit? He's obviously a superstar but his attitude that his two years with the Broncos is filling in time until he can return to Melbourne is alarming to most of us.

We couldn't even hold on to Folau for more than 2 years, what's the chances of holding onto Greg Inglis when he has motivation to leave already.

Hasn't turned up to training, not signed his contract and now all over the Sydney paper's about potentially leaving

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
But in all seriousness, he is a fantastic player but in my opinion can be very lazy, if he doesn't want to play for the Broncos, then I say let him go it will mean we will definitely be able to keep Sam.

If he doesn't end up signing for us who do you think will play centre in place of him?

I'm hoping for Copley if not Greg.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
2 bad for all the people who payed up to be a member or for season tickets on the back of Inglis going to be there

applesauce

Bench
Calm down ponies4ever if it takes Inglis to get you to become a Broncos member then your not much of a fan.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Mate it's far from the signing of Inglis. Are you so naive as to believe behind closed doors this was not a case of manouvering by all parties concerned. The anger is the complete lack of truth and integrity shown once again to the people who truly do financially support the game.....the punters. RL as a whole continues to kick people in the guts and rely on the everlasting forgiveness of the paying public. The Broncos as an organisation of their stature and size had an obligation to meaningfully and truthfully conduct themselves in a manner so as leave no uncertainty of thier roster before selling 2011 packages. I have paid and supported this club from its inception and to dare say this is about the signature of Greg Inglis is an insult. The bumbling of the current administration of the club from recruitment and retention issues to rumours of Ricky bloody Stuart and now this have incensed me. I've seen the Lewis and Bennett sagas come and go and never has it incited me like this. The NRL has little or no real leadership and for some reason all and sundry just keep taking this sh*t on the chin. In todays economic climate of rising interest rates, soaring food, petrol and electricity costs the average man in the street who takes their family to support such luxury items in life to line powerbrokers pockets with cash deserve BETTER. How can any young aspiring RL player learn anything good in the current climate surrounding anything NRL. The whole Monaghan saga is what has bred in the young players of this era while surrounding themselves in their alternate worlds littered with the cash prised by the hands of the paying public that support them. There really is no leadership of any substance in the game as a whole and it really is quite sad. But hey, keep throwing your money at them if that's what you decide.

Dazzat

First Grade
The problem with league is in-fighting. A house divided against itself will fall ...

I believe Gallop does provide good leadership (case in point, the whole Melbourne Storm saga this year where he copped it big time for his decision, but this decision ended up to be the right one).

The problem is all the other would-be leaders who undermine.

On Inglis ... although I'm disappointed that (at this stage) he won't be playing at the club, I do agree with some of the posts here that his attitude would be a real issue.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Meh, was slightly concerned about his tendency to bludge in non rep games anyway.

Brisbane still has the stock to make a real shake of the premiership next year. Hodges back in the side at full fitness, Lockyer firing again, Hoffman following up from a sensational first season, Thaiday, Teo and Gillett absolutely tearing up the fringes, and Hannant and Kenny in the engine room providing the go-forward.

applesauce

Bench
Mate it's far from the signing of Inglis. Are you so naive as to believe behind closed doors this was not a case of manouvering by all parties concerned. The anger is the complete lack of truth and integrity shown once again to the people who truly do financially support the game.....the punters. RL as a whole continues to kick people in the guts and rely on the everlasting forgiveness of the paying public. The Broncos as an organisation of their stature and size had an obligation to meaningfully and truthfully conduct themselves in a manner so as leave no uncertainty of thier roster before selling 2011 packages. I have paid and supported this club from its inception and to dare say this is about the signature of Greg Inglis is an insult. The bumbling of the current administration of the club from recruitment and retention issues to rumours of Ricky bloody Stuart and now this have incensed me. I've seen the Lewis and Bennett sagas come and go and never has it incited me like this. The NRL has little or no real leadership and for some reason all and sundry just keep taking this sh*t on the chin. In todays economic climate of rising interest rates, soaring food, petrol and electricity costs the average man in the street who takes their family to support such luxury items in life to line powerbrokers pockets with cash deserve BETTER. How can any young aspiring RL player learn anything good in the current climate surrounding anything NRL. The whole Monaghan saga is what has bred in the young players of this era while surrounding themselves in their alternate worlds littered with the cash prised by the hands of the paying public that support them. There really is no leadership of any substance in the game as a whole and it really is quite sad. But hey, keep throwing your money at them if that's what you decide.

He never signed a contract. :lol:

He never trained with us, he still isn't released from the Storm, he never had a photo in Broncos clothing. The media and the Broncos never eluded to the fact it was a "done" deal, hense the legal bill complications with the Storm.

If your stupid enough to base your opinion of the Broncos on presumption and hearsay instead of waiting for confirmation then you are more stupid than I thought.

I am a Broncos member and have renewed, I never saw Inglis in the brochure....:roll:

BTW the Eels are a real bunch of pricks because the just about signed Quade Cooper. How dare either party exercise their legal (as nothing was signed) right to walk away from the matter, the media said it was just about confirmed!

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Apple Sauce where does it once mention in one thread that I claimed Greg Inglis signed a contract ? Vent at me all you like. I simply state that if you truly believe the club are victims of big bad G.I changing his mind ......well you believe that. The goings on behind closed doors by all concerned has been appalling in regards to the average working man, that is my belief. I simply re-iterate that as an organisation the Broncos were foolish to hold the press conference a couple of months ago stating terms were agreed upon by all parties. If the legal costs are of such an issue would it have not been wise to know the nitty gritty of all such matters to avoid such dramas as we've all endured through the media. I did not purchase season tickets on the back of G.I coming to Brisbane, but as a measure of respect to the direction the club seemed to be taking in adding a superior athlete to a roster brimming with youthful enthusiasm and skill. I actually questioned on other forums whether G.I had his heart in the move after comments reported after the verbal agreement claiming he could see himself back in Melbourne in 2 years before he'd even left. So I say once more this is not about the loss of Inglis alone. If you look at all the NRL rubbish of the last few years and find it acceptable to still support wholeheartedly, well good for you, I can accept that as I have for a great many years. But when these sagas hog the headlines along with the Monaghans, Stewarts, Pavlavis, Johns brothers and so on and so and so on I guess today I hit the wall. My opinion, no leadership, no loyalty, no morales......................I sincerely can take your verbals and respect the passion I dare say you hold dear for the Broncs, I have for over 2 decades as well. The NRL is a dead man walking unless there are some serious changes.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Pretty low act what he did to you blokes, apparently had a handshake agreement early last week (and friday) with Andrew Gee that he would come in and sign his contract on the the following week, then went to Sydney and completed his rabbitohs deal, and apparently told the Broncos he couldn't fly back to brisvegas because "it was raining" lol - definitely sounds like something a moron would use as an excuse - sounds like the typical mundine excuse, ie I couldn't come in today my train had a flat tyre......

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frexnr-1225949108569

IT WAS a $1 million deal sealed with an honourable handshake - or so the Brisbane Broncos thought.
Greg Inglis left the Broncos offices last Tuesday after being convinced at a meeting with club general manager of football operations Andrew Gee that his future lay with Brisbane.

The pair shook on it.

The Broncos held another meeting at their Red Hill offices on Friday morning, where Inglis reiterated his desire to sign the deal - which he agreed on several months ago - and be alongside fiancee Sally Robinson in Brisbane.

The contract, he promised, would be signed on Saturday afternoon. Gee had the papers ready.

But Inglis was ready to dud his new club.

He was suddenly in Sydney and spent Friday afternoon with his parents. He also talked to Anthony Mundine, who acted as a go-between for Inglis in talks with South Sydney officials.

Inglis rang Gee on Saturday morning and said: "It's raining and I don't think the planes are flying."

Gee told Inglis the planes did in fact fly in the wet. At 1.30pm on Saturday, the call that Brisbane feared arrived. The handshake had apparently been forgotten when Inglis told Gee: "I'm not coming back. And I'm not signing.

"A few other things are going on."

He had reneged on his deal. And his handshake.

Away from Bronco eyes, Mundine was pulling his mate Inglis to Redfern.

Fed up with the drama, Brisbane pulled the offer. Senior Broncos players backed management's decision.

Inglis will this week sign a two-year, $1 million deal with Souths.

Brisbane are reluctant to criticise Inglis but believe he acted with little or no professionalism.

Although disheartened at Inglis' decision, Broncos skipper Darren Lockyer attempted to stay upbeat yesterday.

"It will put some money back into the salary cap for the Broncos but at the moment the issue is there's not much in the market to buy," Lockyer said. "We'll have to wait and see what the club does from here."

Brisbane have drifted significantly in betting to win next year's premiership because of Inglis' departure.

The Broncos were, according to TAB Sportsbet, a $9 chance but they are now $13 outsiders.

sheet_ed

Juniors
Funny how things slowed down when Statutory Declarations needed to be signed by Agents, Inglis and Broncos (although they were keen to sign).

If it smells like sh*t, if it looks like sh*t then you can guess the rest.

Does this also mean that the Broncos are going to keep Inglis's girlfriend Sally Robinson? Again, if it smells like ....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if he wants to be a merkin then let him go. I think he has the potential to be one of the ebst outside backs the game's ever seen but he's had 14 weeks to sign, said he wants to be with his fiance and has agreeed verbally ons everal occassions.

no one player is bigger than the BRONCOS and i'd rather a player who wants to be here who's committed at the club then someone who has no idea that redfern isnt in QLD and planes fly in the wet (seriously he must have been taking the piss right?) and has changed his mind because he can get more money after agreeing to come here

Latest posts