What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grey "cited" for racism

taipan

Referee
Point 1 I am not defending Fletcher's behaviour ,rather the opposite I am stating he should have been given the flick for the rest of the year,ie contract period
Poit 2.Yes I am being critical of the SANZAR/ARU mainly because of the delays in making a decision,hell I am not the only one.The union apologists said there was a case of mistaken identity thats why it took so long please !,still should not have taken days and Harrison lacked the guts to own up straight away. It apparently is not the first time with Harrison according to one journo,therefore I believe the punishment should have been harsher.
SANZAR stuffed around for ages on the Brumbies incident in SA a fews ago,and appears their inabilty to get of their backsides to make a decision quickly instead of almost having to be goaded into doing it.
Let me just clear things up,I do not like any incident which brings a sport into bad light,including my preferred sport of rugby league(of which i have had to cringe on deeds by a stupid few). My experience historically is that these incidents are in the press everywhere,and many union incidents are either ignored or tucked away .Maybe thats why i appear to be a little outspoken,I like to call it balanced reporting and the imposition of justified penalties.

taipan

Referee
yep Nathan Sharpe complains of being gougedby a Bok,shows the ref a very bruised section under his eye.Guess what the NZ citing fellow ignores it .Mat Rogers gets stamped deliberately on ,the ref didnt see it obviously every one else did and nothing happened with again the citing bloke.

Once the team has left the country apparently the citing if ever it happened is too late.
I am not the only one who things the so called citing system in international union is a joke.
The incidents involving recent school rugby union matches which had to be abandoned due to all in brawls and parents and speccies becoming involved,received no Tv coverage,little if any press,yet at the same time a brawl in a rugby league game in Darwin FFS was on all TV channels in Sydney.
Hardly balanced reporting hence being ignored and tucked away.

Thomas

First Grade
Well, its because league is easily bigger than union, Taipan.

One of the pitfalls of being the second biggest sport in Australia is that there's more coverage.

bayrep

Juniors
taipan said:
..............I am not the only one who things the so called citing system in international union is a joke............

Taipan, if you are going to strengthen your argument by saying that your not the only one that thinks it then give us some tangle links or articles in your post. Most times you support it by saying my union mates stated so or a journalist on TV said so. It just weakens your argument and makes it very grating. Other wise stop saying I am not the only one that thinks so.... I have lost count how many times you have stated this to try and prove a point.

taipan said:
yep Nathan Sharpe complains of being gougedby a Bok,shows the ref a very bruised section under his eye.Guess what the NZ citing fellow ignores it .Mat Rogers gets stamped deliberately on ,the ref didnt see it obviously every one else did and nothing happened with again the citing bloke.

Once the team has left the country apparently the citing if ever it happened is too late.
I am not the only one who things the so called citing system in international union is a joke.
The incidents involving recent school rugby union matches which had to be abandoned due to all in brawls and parents and speccies becoming involved,received no Tv coverage,little if any press,yet at the same time a brawl in a rugby league game in Darwin FFS was on all TV channels in Sydney.
Hardly balanced reporting hence being ignored and tucked away.

Here I was waiting for a similar incidents like the Harrison racism row that have been tucked away and forgotten and you come up with Rogers been stomp etc .
Mate , incidents involving school rugby games in Brisbane comes up in newspapers all the time and the same involving Jrs league .

The Darwin league brawl was similar to the Darwin AFL brawl which was on FTA TV news last year .
Im sure if there was a Darwin brawl in a rugby match that was caught on tape it would have got the same treatment on TV .

But please please stop trying to bring your phantom friends and journalist into this forum to support your one eye views .

taipan

Referee
Polynesian Warrior said:
Here I was waiting for a similar incidents like the Harrison racism row that have been tucked away and forgotten and you come up with Rogers been stomp etc .
Mate , incidents involving school rugby games in Brisbane comes up in newspapers all the time and the same involving Jrs league .

The Darwin league brawl was similar to the Darwin AFL brawl which was on FTA TV news last year .
Im sure if there was a Darwin brawl in a rugby match that was caught on tape it would have got the same treatment on TV .

But please please stop trying to bring your phantom friends and journalist into this forum to support your one eye views .

Read what i said mate(its not hard),I gave examples of things that happen and are forgotten or ignored quickly such as the alleged eye gouging on Sharpe and the stomping of Rogers. I will name the so called phantom LOL journalists Growden of the Herald and jenkins of the Telegraph.You obviously havent read, dont read the Sydney newspapers or watch Sydney TV.
You still dont get it there were union brawls and games called off in matches involving prestigious Sydney private schools one involving parents and one similar to the Darwin one in Newcastle.Not one made it on TV,no one had a video handy,no one a digital camera-and you come up with I am sure if it was caught on tape it would be on TV- one of your best mate LOL.People take video and digital games to their kids soccer and netball matches.
I dont need phantom friends and nor do I need to travel the world.If you havent got an answer up comes the "phantom friends,dream pipe" crap.
Would it be just possible to accept that on occasions things do happen and are swept under the carpet-no I guess not.

Latest posts