What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grimaldi earning no income

nqboy

First Grade
miccle said:
That's the average wage... which includes the CEO's et al. who are on their $10m a year too.

Mean wage is something resembling around $43K.
Aren't average and mean synonymous? Did you mean (no pun intended) "median" or "mode"?

drake

First Grade
I like the Lobster, have done since he was at Saints. He's a valuable asset to the Dogs.

That said he should get a job as a PE teacher, get a decent salary and have 12 weeks off a year with his kids.

JK

Good on ya Grimmers.

For the Bulldogs fans who complain that he is getting a bit long in the tooth remember that we would have to pay a lot more for someone of his talent and that would mean cuts elsewhere..

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Pando said:
He's working for nothing because noone else wants him, obviously.

actually he was offered MUCH more from souths but choose to stay....

did not read the entire thread so i do apologise if this has been pointed out.

Tony is a workhorse, he may not have the attacking skills of sonny bill however he makes 40+ tackles a game on average, and of late has sometimes pulled off a big play when needed!

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
Anyway, i realise he is definately the workhorse of our pack in defence, as is Andrew Ryan, however i just don't agree that it is up to SBW and Mason to give him extra money. Paying Grimaldi the minimum wage was a decision made by the club, and SBW and Mason really have nothing to do with it.

no one has suggested its up to them to give him more money, ive suggested that if im willie mason and my mate (assuming willie and tony are mates off the park) that has to borrow cash off his relos to make ends met, i wouldnt oppose if the club asked me to take up to 5k out of my 350k salary (which would probably be spent on something stupid anyways) to give to Lobster so he and his family could live a little more comfortably.

By no means is it their responsibility to do so, and maybe ive been brought up a little differently to some, but ive always been tought to help a mate out where i could.

mattyg

Bench
Yeah that 5k might be going to something stupid like a charity mate. Im sure Willie would help out if he knew what Grimaldi was on, but who knows. Its just unfair for people on here to say that its Sonny and Willie's responsibility to give him more money...Imagine what that could cause. If you do it for one person then everyone will want more. What about players such as Emelio who was on match payments this season. Why don't they just give him a lazy 10k each as well. Hell why not give everyone in the team another 5-10k so its all even! It was the clubs choice to pay grimaldi what he is getting it, and he accepted the offer so therefore nobody should have to give him more money. If they want to then they can but as i said it opens a can of worms.

Mut

Juniors
The mut thinks that Grimaldi is earning plenty! The mut thinks that the dogs who have a history cheating the system have something in place that helps Grimaldi out.

The mut also thinks that if this is not the case, then Grimaldi is a stupid wanker. Why would he stay when he could go to Souths get $1000's and play sh*te football...

The mut thinks Grimaldi will join the dole cue now because he is a stupid git...

Wooo get some mut up ya!

Scott

Bench
I think that the mut is the biggest farkwit to come on here in a while!

So some humility you gimp!

>zuzu<

Juniors
Pando what is up your arse mate?

Grimaldi is an awesome clubman and is also the fittest Bulldog there is. He is amongst the top 5 tackles in the league this year, and was top tackler last year. He played every game last year, turned up in defence every game and tackled till his arms were numb.

I say good on him! True clubman and im glad he is a starter at our club, whether it be in the 2nd row or at hooker. We dont need a Sonny Bill or a Mason in every f**king position! He gets teh job done and thensome. The club is getting alot more out of him surely. Not only does he turn up week in week out, but he also is an asset to juniors coming through.

True champion of the game and doesnt get the wraps he deserves!

Sorry Panda..Sorry that he is no Andrew Johns..

Raider_69

Post Whore
mattyg said:
Yeah that 5k might be going to something stupid like a charity mate. Im sure Willie would help out if he knew what Grimaldi was on, but who knows. Its just unfair for people on here to say that its Sonny and Willie's responsibility to give him more money...Imagine what that could cause. If you do it for one person then everyone will want more. What about players such as Emelio who was on match payments this season. Why don't they just give him a lazy 10k each as well. Hell why not give everyone in the team another 5-10k so its all even! It was the clubs choice to pay grimaldi what he is getting it, and he accepted the offer so therefore nobody should have to give him more money. If they want to then they can but as i said it opens a can of worms.

I would hope that no one else in the bulldogs first pick 17 is on as little wage as Lobster, as has been said, he is one of the leagues top tacklers, tireless workhorse and a great clubman to boot, who the f**k is Emelio compaired to Grimaldi?

Your putting words in peoples mouths. No one here has said its Sonny Bill's and Willies responsibility o take abit less so he can live abit better, its just suggested that its an option for club if Grimaldi is struggling financially. I mean i dont know Tony, for all i know he is proud person and wouldnt accept such a deal anyways, but it's an option none the less. An idea as to how to help out one hell of a bloke and a pretty footy player to boot.