What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grimaldi earning no income

ByRd

First Grade
I LUV YA GRIMMERS :) you are a deadset champion and us fans recognise and appreciate the efforts that you do both on and off the field. You are a TRUE bulldog and hopefully can always have a role in the club. Im glad you got that 1 more year cause to me, you are an asset and someone every club needs and i may be biased but we got the best, luv ya lobster

cainen

Juniors
Perhaps his parents are very wealthy so he's doing fine with them helping him. They probably got a fair bit from Bulldogs in 2002 :lol:

Pando

Juniors
He's on minimum wage because he's a minimum player. No other reason. If any other team wants to pay him more, they can go for it. Name a team who wants him.

ngunity

Juniors
Pando you're talking absolute crap, Grimaldi provides the work rate that our shining pack of forwards needs to let the true attacking stars shine.

Grimaldi rolls up his sleeves on defence to let the other lads catch their breath, makes plenty of valuable one on one strips, plays as many minutes as we need, can slot into Dummy half when genius and nugget are off, he's a great asset to the Dogs.

Grimaldi is the new Reardon, who was the new Gillies IMHO and if you can't see the value of a workhorse player then I'd half think you are a teenage girl with SBW posters on your wall

There was another player , you may have heard of him, guy called Terry Lamb who kept his pay low to be of service to his clubs (read his biography), got anything bad to say about him too?

Loyalty and financial sacrifice are very admirable traits in this modern "sell out your team for the money" culture of sport. Perhaps no other clubs are rareing to sign him because (A) no-one signs 30+ workhorses (B) he obviously bleeds blue and white and wouldn't go.
Plenty of opposition fans can see his value and probably wouldn't mind him in their 17 man squad either. pull your head in and be thankful we have Grimaldi at the dogs

Sugar

Bench
ngunity said:
Pando you're talking absolute crap, Grimaldi provides the work rate that our shining pack of forwards needs to let the true attacking stars shine.

Grimaldi rolls up his sleeves on defence to let the other lads catch their breath, makes plenty of valuable one on one strips, plays as many minutes as we need, can slot into Dummy half when genius and nugget are off, he's a great asset to the Dogs.

Grimaldi is the new Reardon, who was the new Gillies IMHO and if you can't see the value of a workhorse player then I'd half think you are a teenage girl with SBW posters on your wall

There was another player , you may have heard of him, guy called Terry Lamb who kept his pay low to be of service to his clubs (read his biography), got anything bad to say about him too?

Loyalty and financial sacrifice are very admirable traits in this modern "sell out your team for the money" culture of sport. Perhaps no other clubs are rareing to sign him because (A) no-one signs 30+ workhorses (B) he obviously bleeds blue and white and wouldn't go.
Plenty of opposition fans can see his value and probably wouldn't mind him in their 17 man squad either. pull your head in and be thankful we have Grimaldi at the dogs
:) :) :) :) i concur

Pando

Juniors
ngunity said:

How dare you compare Grimaldi to the great Terry Lamb? He's not fit to lick Lamb's boots, regardless of pay.
Grimaldi has been at the Dogs a while and now it comes out that he's playing for love, not money? bullsh*t.
Let's put your theory to the test.

How many supporters from other teams would like Grimaldi in their starting line up? And why.

mattyg

Bench
jayman said:
cant believe hes on min payments.. wats that.. 35 40 k? surely willie and sbw can drop 10-15k of there superstar salaries to help him out...

thats disgraceful.. i mean he loves the dogs etc.. surely the bulldogs should look after there own.. some things are bigger than the game and family survival and just basic living should not be placed below a game..

his effort doesnt not match the amount of money hes being offered.. and like others said.. he could have gone to many clubs and got good money.. souths etc would have paid a nice sum to get him...

i commend him.. but when u contrast this against people chasing money for there personal living like roy etc.. u cant really blame them.. if roys looking at Grimaldi and seeing him struggling to survive as a footy player.. no wonder hes lept at the chance to earn top dollar..

he can surely survive on 55k. That is 20k more than the average wage of a normal person. I got no doubt he deserves better than that, but do you think your employer will pay you more money simply because you have a family? I don't think so. Again, its not up to team mates. If the club decides to pay him a certain amount its there decision. If you were on a 400k wage at your job, and another guy was on 55k, would you give the other guy 15k, if they are capable of living on what they are getting? I wouldn't think so.

mattyg

Bench
Pando said:
How many supporters from other teams would like Grimaldi in their starting line up? And why.

If every team had a grimaldi in there team i guarantee you that they will be doing much better. He works his ass off every week, much like Hindmarsh does for parramatta, except grimaldi doesn't need to take many hitups with the other guys we have in our side. I have said it before, but there are only 5 tackles and a kick in a set. Of this, 1 hitup is made by the fullback from the kick return, another one by one of the wingers who is backing up, then usually the forwards get into it. That makes 3 tackles that the forwards take per set. Bulldogs have more than capable players such as Mason, O'Meley, Asotasi, Maitua, SBW, Myles etc. that can take these hitups. But what about when it comes down to defence? We need players that are good at making tackles, and that is what Grimaldi always does. There is definately space for him in the team. I'd rather him in there than another Mason like forward, because we already have a forward pack capable of making plenty of metres. Its about balance and that is why Grimaldi is a key to the bulldogs chances this year.

Pigskin

Juniors
if this story is true ... hats off to the bloke ... good honest player and even better human being

unlike Pando who in this thread has shown himself to a scumbag of major proportions ... :thumbd:

Oink !

axie

Juniors
mattyg said:
he can surely survive on 55k. That is 20k more than the average wage of a normal person.

Not that it matters, but according to the OECD the average wage in Australia (2004 - 2005) is approx $51,000.

Grimaldi is the workhorse of our pack, his efforts allow guys like Mason and Williams save their energy and to pick their runs instead of constantly having to do the hard work in the middle of the park. Every good pack has at least one toiler like Grimaldi ...

mattyg

Bench
axie said:
Not that it matters, but according to the OECD the average wage in Australia (2004 - 2005) is approx $51,000.

Grimaldi is the workhorse of our pack, his efforts allow guys like Mason and Williams save their energy and to pick their runs instead of constantly having to do the hard work in the middle of the park. Every good pack has at least one toiler like Grimaldi ...

hmm $51,000 is it. From what i heard it was around the $34,000-$35,000 mark.

Anyway, i realise he is definately the workhorse of our pack in defence, as is Andrew Ryan, however i just don't agree that it is up to SBW and Mason to give him extra money. Paying Grimaldi the minimum wage was a decision made by the club, and SBW and Mason really have nothing to do with it.

sunny

grimaldi played every game last year, and AVERAGED 35 tackles a game. very hard-working player, good player.

mattyg

Bench
yeah from memory last year i think it was he topped the tackle count at the end of the year. He hasn't needed to make as many this year as he spends more time on the bench these days now that Reni has a starting spot at lock. He is a very sneaky player Grimaldi is. He is good at getting possession back for us with his one on one steals, and he hardly misses a tackle. I admire his effort every week and i really hope the club employ him after he retires on a full time basis coaching juniors or something like that. Too bad alot of people (looks at Pando) don't notice what he does for our team every week.

Slappy

Juniors
It's not his team-mates that are letting him down, it is the club, who are willing to pay Grimaldi, (a 1st grade regular) such sh*tty money. For a guy that has given the club such great service, they are pissing all over him, despite him putting his body on the line every week. They are exploiting his loyalty.
Pretty lousy stuff, but nothing compared to the lousiness being displayed by this pando fool. Next time watch the f**king' game and keep an eye on the defensive work of this PE teacher, he goes pretty good! He obviously loves the club more than you do!
Good on Grimaldi, the real fans out there appreciate him!

Chook

First Grade
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhh Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:roll:

He's doing it for nothing:lol:

Chook.

The Preacher

First Grade
Pando said:
Grimaldi can go teach PE if he likes. Won't be missed.

You little prick. You wouldn't know a football if it hit you in the head.
After reading your postings, one thing is quite obvious to me, YOU SWALLOW !!!:shock:

Well done "Lobby", a great bloke and a 100% honest footballer. A lot of young blokes at Belmore are better footballers because of his efforts.:clap:

miccle

Bench
axie said:

That's the average wage... which includes the CEO's et al. who are on their $10m a year too.

Mean wage is something resembling around $43K.

nqboy

First Grade
Mattyg, your avatar is an oxy-moron. We all know Corey Hughes is a thug. Or did you mean Morley?