What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe and Morris

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra-matters said:
Acording to Fridays SMH Grothe had signed last thursday.
Morris hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

ever heard of papertalk!!!...Mate, unless we hear from the office they haven't signed.

Eels Dude

Coach
If Fitzy is overseas like the newspaper the other day said, then perhaps that is why the contracts have been delayed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eels Dude said:
If Fitzy is overseas like the newspaper the other day said, then perhaps that is why the contracts have been delayed.

don't think so!..Fitzy comes back at then end of the week [perhaps Friday] when the deadline has passed. What I think, is he's agreed and signed off on the amount he's prepared to pay the players and that's it. and it's up to Zap or Mitch to bargain no higher than the figure that Fitzy is prepared to forgo. for each player.

I could well be completetely wrong!!..but again, that's my theory.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
if they have signed they will be announced before the game on sunday to try n get more ppl to the game...otherwise i too will get worried

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
if they have signed they will be announced before the game on sunday to try n get more ppl to the game...otherwise i too will get worried

either way! we will have to know by Friday, simple as that.

The_Coach

Juniors
I think it's just a sick joke by the club. They want Manly, Wests, and Cronulla to actually think they have a chance at getting Grothe and then 1st July they annouce he is signed.

mickdo

Coach
The_Coach said:
I think it's just a sick joke by the club. They want Manly, Wests, and Cronulla to actually think they have a chance at getting Grothe and then 1st July they annouce he is signed.
Let's hope so :lol:

Macca_

Coach
Can understand why Cronulla would be interested. I mean who the hell is Simmons and Covell?

Nevilles! :D

Macca_

Hurriflatch

Referee
with Peachey going to Pommieland next year Simmons will be shifted to fullback

So the Sharks have a couple of holes in there backline

1. DAvid Simmons
2. TBA
3. Nigel Vagana
4. TBA (Mellor may retire)
5. Luke Covell

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
According to the SMH today it says that Parrawill announce Grothes 2 year deal. Nothing about Moriss.

I must be going blind because I couldn't see it, have you got a link to that?

Kornstar

Coach
Do you think if Morris goes on the open market that Newcastle will look at him? They are letting all those players go to free up some money, they might make a play at Morris, they will only have Johns for one more year, they will really need to start looking at options for when he does go. That would mean Gidley to Halfback and Morris at 5/8th.

Just a thought.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Do you think if Morris goes on the open market that Newcastle will look at him? They are letting all those players go to free up some money, they might make a play at Morris, they will only have Johns for one more year, they will really need to start looking at options for when he does go. That would mean Gidley to Halfback and Morris at 5/8th.

Just a thought.

Mate, if both go on the market, you can bet your bottom dollar that both players will have atleast half a dozen options each. there isn't much quality chop out there and those 2 are in rare form at the moment.

Latest posts