What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe back at Eels vowing not to let last chance slip

Eels Dude

Coach
It's great to see that Grothe has such a positive attitude about returning to the club. He is back where he belongs and his form will show this.

Grothe??.......Grothe??
Nope the name doesnt....

Hang on....I recall a Grothe...Good player back when Parra meant something :lol:

124 days of suffering for the Rooster loosers...Make em count! :twisted:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Misty Bee said:
Grothe Snr was phenomenal. Sattler's tackle was the noly time someone has approached what Guru could do game after game. Grothe would come across field tocut down wingers that Hunt/Liddiard missed.

Don't think that having Eric Grothe on the win means that we will have the Guru back. .Just give the kid a chance, and enjoy whatever he does that is good.

I agree Misty, I think we should all give the kid a chance to mature. Not all players show maturity before they turn 21.

The inside mail that I got when he left, from one of the coaching staff, was the same reason he pulled out of SOO and the finals. Nothing to do with any knee injury.

His dad was a hard act to follow and the pressure was too much for him.

I read in the Tele, when he was cleared from Parra, that it was a conditional clearence, what ever that is.

I believe that Smith wanted him to play elsewhere for a couple of years, to gain some maturity and discipline under a different coach, and also to escape the expectations of the fans (thats us).

I also believe that he always intended coming back to Parra, as that was a condition of the clearence. Or at least, Parra still had an option on him.

If it works and he handles the pressure and matures into a rep player, it will be a master plan by the Parra heirachy.

We'll just have to wait and see.

BrettS

Juniors
Twizzle: I don't remember that it was a conditional release but if so I think you might be onto something

Goleel

Juniors
I just hope Burt and Petersen get first crack at the wing spots, they deserve it for their efforts this year, Petersen was great for us, and Burt was showing some great signs before his injury, I don't want to see either of those guys pushed away for Grothe to come back, he should have to earn his spot in first grade by putting in in premier league, something he didn't do for us last time around.

half

Coach
why not let preseason form decide?

i expect burt to be at fullback anyway if he's fully fit

I know I'm a bit slow & probably all I'm about to say has been said before lol, I only just read the article.
I'm excited at the thought of Eric being back, he has so much potential which we have all seen before & I think he can get back to the level which saw him gain a spot in the S.O.O squad those few years back, plus he's still very young at 23.
In saying that, he shouldn't just expect to walk in & grab a first grade spot, it's gonna be tough. But all in all, he seems very happy to be back & wants to give it his best shot. I sure hope he does.
I'm looking forward to the battles for the first grade places, it should make em all work alot harder.

Latest posts