What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe Jnr who is he?.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Worst thread i've read this week. Replace Grothe with someone who doesn't even play wing :crazy:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
someone said 'welcome Chad Robinson'

is this true? do players read this?

well if that is Robbo, id like to thank him for his efforts over the season, and particularly last week.

Bigfella

Coach
That statement there is full of Parramatta bias

I'm not sure if you've noticed, JTB, but this is a Parramatta forum.

We all support Parramatta. We are ALL biased.

We come here to speak to like-minded supporters, who have similar biases.

That's why we don;t really like people like you who carry on campaigns against our own players.

I really hope that we are say 2 points behind in the GF this year with a minute to go, and EGJ scores a brilliant solo try.

Will you actually be happy? Or will you be bitter and angry?

The Colonel

Immortal
Joel, for starters is a much better fullback than he is a winger.

Given also that most of our go forward comes from our outside backs and Eric is probably one who delivers more than most in that regard to swap him back to PL isn't really the smartest idea in the world.

And lastly, four tries in his last four games (should have been five - stripped by Cronk over the line, play on, TRY) shows that he is in some form at the right time of the season. Don't fix what aint broke.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I wouldn't even drop Grothe anymore

when Burt comes back I'd want to see Ben Smith get the axe, everyone else offers too much more

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
All the defensive problems etc, could easily be caused by Ben Smith who is on the inside of Grothe. Add Grothe's go forward form Wing, and id rather drop Ben Smith and Jarryd Hayne before GuruJu. I agree with Hurriflatch, when Burt comes back;

Burt
Hayne
Tahu
Inu
Grothe

Pazza

First Grade
yeah lets get rid of the hardest running back in the game!

sure he has issues with his game but no player is perfect

eelandia

Juniors
Grothe has massive problems atm. Manly worked him out perfectly and it seems other teams are following suit. He has seemingly got the poor pass (after a great run) out of his game somewhat but he is always good for several mistakes a game.

Whether that is balanced by good plays isn't the point imo and since Joel Reddy's chances at fullback are slim (considering who is in front of him), winger is his only real opportunity in the top grade.

The Colonel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
Now there is some bias.

It was a lost ball but so was Slaters try and they failed to even look at it.

It was played at by Cronk - outside of the in goal that is generally a one on one strip. If it had have been two players in the tackle it would have been a penalty try.

Bigfella

Coach
Manly worked him out perfectly and it seems other teams are following suit.

How many tries did he concede on Friday? My count would be none? How many against Cronulla? Was it one on his wing?

He has seemingly got the poor pass (after a great run) out of his game somewhat but he is always good for several mistakes a game

Apart from the ball being knocked out of his hand when he scored, he was error-free wasn't he?

That is just a bunch of inaccurate generalisations.

Meanwhile Inu and Mateo make a bunch of mistakes every game but they are immune from criticism?

I love Grothe being in the team as much as I love them being in it. They are all players that make our side something different.

lucablight

First Grade
join the bandwagon said:
That statement there is full of Parramatta bias. The best wingers in the world do not make at least 3 mistakes per game.

Just because I'm an Eels fan doesn't mean I can't tell it how it is. I don't go around saying every player from the Eels is the best in their position. As I stated before Grothe's contribution to the team far outweighs his flaws making him one of the best in his position.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Colonel said:
It was played at by Cronk - outside of the in goal that is generally a one on one strip. If it had have been two players in the tackle it would have been a penalty try.

Firstly, only if Cronk had made actual contact with the ball and it came straight out was it play on and from memory that wasn't the case and it would not have been a penalty try as a penalty try can only be awarded in the case of a foul on a player. Only if he hit Grothe in the head would it have been awarded.

The Colonel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
Firstly, only if Cronk had made actual contact with the ball and it came straight out was it play on and from memory that wasn't the case and it would not have been a penalty try as a penalty try can only be awarded in the case of a foul on a player. Only if he hit Grothe in the head would it have been awarded.

For a referee you aren't up to date on your rules - two players in a tackle, ball stripped over the line is a penalty try as it is an illegal play. Has been for a little while now.

Cronk made actual contact with the ball when he made the tackle.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
For a referee you aren't up to date on your rules - two players in a tackle, ball stripped over the line is a penalty try as it is an illegal play. Has been for a little while now.

Cronk made actual contact with the ball when he made the tackle.

Yeh, It's a shame no one was around Grothes legs at the time.

Suity

Latest posts