What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe Jnr who is he?.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bazal said:
Oh joy, another of my posts gets deleted :roll: Next time I want to call someone on their brainless drivel, I'll stoop to the lowest common denominator and just go "LOLz, Ur dum!!!!111!" :roll: After all big words are obviously offensive

Who did you have a go at. If it was me then I can take it. I know that I am sometimes off in my judgements but at least I can admit that.

Bazal

Post Whore
Natalie's Daddy said:
Who did you have a go at. If it was me then I can take it. I know that I am sometimes off in my judgements but at least I can admit that.

Nah I like you :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
well he can prove me wrong and become a regular NRL player, but I can't see any problem with what i said.

I am not calling insulting anyone in particular, rather a blanket insult for a forum that is filled with continuous personal attacks on players. We all get that some people have opinions on players but it doesn't require 3 or 4 threads and mentioning it in every thread that you (the plural) post in.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
I am not calling insulting anyone in particular, rather a blanket insult for a forum that is filled with continuous personal attacks on players. We all get that some people have opinions on players but it doesn't require 3 or 4 threads and mentioning it in every thread that you (the plural) post in.

so you weren't having a go at me...ok.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I don't agree in regards to Joel but no I didn't aim at you. I didn't even know you had posting in the thread until you responded.

You have to stop being so touchy and looking for an arguement.

I was only in here to answer Colonels comment about penalty tries that has been lost in the catfight.

goboggo

Juniors
Originally Posted by goboggo
:lol: I didn't even notice.

IMO a little bit of name-calling only adds to the fun of the net, as long as there is a sensible post to go with it. It's when you only get rubbish to go with it that the name-calling stands out as stupid - it shows that the person has nothing else to say but insults
eelavation said:
I think you're right on that comment.

C'mon dude, how boring would the place be if we all just said "In my opinion this... in my opinion that..."

As long as people include sensible comments then I have no problem with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing in the name-calling department. Sometime people need to be told that what they posted is bloody stupid, or that they are an idiot. A little bit of tough loving can go a long way.

The players are boring enough, let's leave the fans with some personality, hey? I mean, jeez, do we need media training to post on the internet?

Captain BF

Juniors
I would love to do a poll to find out exactly what the numbers are of people who think:
A) Whether Guru Jnr should be in 1st Grade
B) Who is better Reddy or Grothe?
C) Whether people think Eric is any good at all?
But, this would mean another 3 threads and there is already three too many threads questioning his ability.
My answers would be:
A) Yes
B) Grothe, by a country mile
C) Yes!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
goboggo said:
C'mon dude, how boring would the place be if we all just said "In my opinion this... in my opinion that..."

As long as people include sensible comments then I have no problem with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing in the name-calling department. Sometime people need to be told that what they posted is bloody stupid, or that they are an idiot. A little bit of tough loving can go a long way.

The players are boring enough, let's leave the fans with some personality, hey? I mean, jeez, do we need media training to post on the internet?

some of us have thick skins and some of us don't..it doesn't mean anyone should be subject to abuse or insults without it being warranted.

you should ask yourself, why should we bother having moderators??? ;-)

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
some of us have thick skins and some of us don't..it doesn't mean anyone should be subject to abuse or insults without it being warranted.

you should ask yourself, why should we bother having moderators???

I dont think there has been to much abuse in this thread, or maybe I've missed it before it's been deleted? :lol:

I will say though, time and again, whenever he opens his mouth, JTB seems to cop a tirade

Hellsy

Immortal
Captain BF said:
I would love to do a poll to find out exactly what the numbers are of people who think:
A) Whether Guru Jnr should be in 1st Grade
B) Who is better Reddy or Grothe?
C) Whether people think Eric is any good at all?
But, this would mean another 3 threads and there is already three too many threads questioning his ability.
My answers would be:
A) Yes
B) Grothe, by a country mile
C) Yes!!!!

I'll answer these ones!

A) - Yes for sure
B) - Guru without a doubt for the wing position
C) - Yes, he is one of the most powerful runners in the NRL, he is strong and big and opponents hate his dummy half runs. Sure he needs to work on a few pointers in his game... but so do many many others

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I vote yes for A
Grothe as a winger is better than Reddy but Joel is a fullback.
And Grothe is good but still needs to work on focusing on the game. He has speed, power and aggression but also does some lazy things on the field. The same as Tahu, Hayne and Inu can take wrong options and hog the ball too much.

In regards to Grothe he is good but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some things to work on, everyone that goes out there should always look to improve every week. They may not achieve it but they need to put in the effort.

Parra Guru

Coach
No one's saying he doesn't have his weaknesses.

But IMO he is no worse than the other outside backs in FG at the moment. They all have different strengths and weaknesses.

sportsmad

Juniors
sure it would be boring if everyone agrees with each other and blows sunshine out of everyones backsides, but fair dinkum this bloke and all in the blue & gold ( & white occasionally) give 100% and put their bodies on the line. if it was that easy to play the game we would all be out there having a go, but you wouldn't want me in your team if you think Eric is bad :sarcasm:.
i'm not sure what Eric has done to warrant all this negativity, as was mentioned earlier he wears the blame for others not making his decisions easy.
playing/coaching any sport is about playing to strengths and defending weaknesses, i think more criticism should be aimed at the coaching staff for not helping with the decisions he and others have to make, and making them play as a unit.

just annoys me that some people who generally don't have 1 ounce of sporting talent come here and say things about someone who has played at the top level of their chosen sport.

Latest posts