What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe Jnr who is he?.....

fredericko

Juniors
Joel Reddy gives hope to everyone who doesnt have enough talent to get selected that so long as their father is on the coaching staff you can still get a game.

Gronk

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
I can't really understand Reddy. If I was him, I would try to get a gig somewhere else to play 1st grade.

Life does not revolve around football for Joel. I read he's doing a BSc (Physiotherapy) and getting paid to play footy at the same time. Hagan signed him (for 2 or 3 years recently IIRC) as a utility 3/4 and for mine he does a very competent job whenever he fills in.

Guru may be a loose cannon but there is not a NRL team in the land who wouldn't have him in their run on side.

Ron Jeremy said:
What was he expecting hey?:lol: for us to bag a SOO player and demand his head for Reddy?:lol:

You are called a SOO player if you consistantly play Origin. Not if you play one series!

fredericko said:
Joel Reddy gives hope to everyone who doesnt have enough talent to get selected that so long as their father is on the coaching staff you can still get a game.

That exact same theory applies to Eric Grothe who has built a career around his fathers name.

Daneel

Bench
join the bandwagon said:
You are called a SOO player if you consistantly play Origin. Not if you play one series!

That exact same theory applies to Eric Grothe who has built a career around his fathers name.

Thats funny, i thought you only needed to play one origin game to be called an origin player. Also didn't realize Grothe Snr was on the coaching staff. :roll:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously you people are geniused.

Grothe is a solid first grader and with the available options he is the best we have at the moment. He offers alot to the team but he does need to work on his game, ie his lack of urgency.

Joel is a good fullback and a handy back up player. I disagree that won't improve. I think at 22 he still has some potential and certain aspects of his game like his positioning at fullback and his acceleration/speed are good things to have in your side.

Luke Burt can still get a negative comment even in a thread meant to be attacking another player. Like it or not Burt is our best fullback, he offers another dimension that Hayne can't at this stage. Luke is rarely out of position, a solid talker at the back, a leader in the team and his speed over short distance add another attacking weapon not to mention the ease that he steps into second receiver.

Is there any other players that you guys want to attack? Maybe someone will have a go at Wagon, Cordoba or Cayless.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bigfella said:
Cronulla v Tigers?

Someone shouldered a chaser out of the way on a grubber kick that went dead anyway. It was only a professional foul ie unfair play as opposed to act of foul play.

It was nowhere near as blatant as the PJ Marsh no-try earlier in the season v Souths, which was also a professional foul.

That is just another example as I gave it.

[quote="Natalie's Daddy']Things like high tackles and deliberate pushing of a player without the ball.[/quote]

Stripping the ball in a two man tackle is like being offside, it is a penalty but not unfair play.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bigfella said:
Cronulla v Tigers?

Someone shouldered a chaser out of the way on a grubber kick that went dead anyway. It was only a professional foul ie unfair play as opposed to act of foul play.

It was nowhere near as blatant as the PJ Marsh no-try earlier in the season v Souths, which was also a professional foul.

That is just another example as I gave it.

[quote="Natalie's Daddy']Things like high tackles and deliberate pushing of a player without the ball.[/quote]

Stripping the ball in a two man tackle is like being offside, it is a penalty but not unfair play.

fish eel

Immortal
Natalie's Daddy said:
Joel is a good fullback and a handy back up player. I disagree that won't improve. I think at 22 he still has some potential and certain aspects of his game like his positioning at fullback and his acceleration/speed are good things to have in your side.

If Luke Burt can improve so much.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Is there any other players that you guys want to attack? Maybe someone will have a go at Wagon, Cordoba or Cayless.

yeah, lets talk about Luke Motenelli and Tim Mannah ;-)

Parra Guru

Coach
jtb, you really need to talk to someone, and the only person who doesn't already know how you feel is Eric.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
yeah, lets talk about Luke Motenelli and Tim Mannah ;-)

Luke Motinelli I will cop but all I said about Tim was that he needs more work on his ball play. I still think he could be a good first grader one day. Atleast I haven't written off his career (ala Joel Reddy).

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
Luke Motinelli I will cop but all I said about Tim was that he needs more work on his ball play. I still think he could be a good first grader one day. Atleast I haven't written off his career (ala Joel Reddy).

so who write of his career???

goboggo

Juniors
Natalie's Daddy said:
Seriously you people are geniused.

Grothe is a solid first grader and with the available options he is the best we have at the moment. He offers alot to the team but he does need to work on his game, ie his lack of urgency.

Luke Burt can still get a negative comment even in a thread meant to be attacking another player. Like it or not Burt is our best fullback, he offers another dimension that Hayne can't at this stage. Luke is rarely out of position, a solid talker at the back, a leader in the team and his speed over short distance add another attacking weapon not to mention the ease that he steps into second receiver.

Good post.

Grothe is damaging, but flawed.
Reddy is a solid quality fullback.
Burt is our best option at fullback easily.

goboggo

Juniors
eelavation said:
even the bit about calling people a genius??
:lol: I didn't even notice.

IMO a little bit of name-calling only adds to the fun of the net, as long as there is a sensible post to go with it. It's when you only get rubbish to go with it that the name-calling stands out as stupid - it shows that the person has nothing else to say but insults.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
even the bit about calling people a genius??

People that bag players for little reason are geniused. At least when you and I say that a certain player may need to work on his game or does not have a lot of potential it is based on fact and considered observation but some of the bagging in here is baseless.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
so who write of his career???

As a regular NRL player, you did.

eelavation said:
I just don't know where you get the Joel Reddy - up and coming thing from, sure he's 22 years of age but fairdinkum he's not going to peak any further than where his at that moment.

He's no more than a fringe firstgrader enough said.

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh joy, another of my posts gets deleted :roll: Next time I want to call someone on their brainless drivel, I'll stoop to the lowest common denominator and just go "LOLz, Ur dum!!!!111!" :roll: After all big words are obviously offensive

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
As a regular NRL player, you did.

well he can prove me wrong and become a regular NRL player, but I can't see any problem with what i said.

Stagger eel

Staff member
goboggo said:
:lol: I didn't even notice.

IMO a little bit of name-calling only adds to the fun of the net, as long as there is a sensible post to go with it. It's when you only get rubbish to go with it that the name-calling stands out as stupid - it shows that the person has nothing else to say but insults.

I think you're right on that comment.

Latest posts