What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe keen to stay at Eels

bartman

Immortal
Yep. I think a fair approach would be for the coach (or whoever is involved) to "value" what contract they would offer the player, and then set a priority order for offering them out.

At all times our registered contracts must stay under the cap, so around about May or June we just offer the valued new contracts in order one at a time - if one of those backs baulks at the figure, then skip them and offer the next guy his correctly valued contract.

To me this would put Inu and Grothe under the most pressure, in terms of maybe needing to decide on accepting offers less than they are currently on, depending upon their performances in 2010.

hybrideel

Bench
This is all i could find on it

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ic-measures-over-scrumhalf-crisis-514623.html

Kiwis resist panic measures over scrum-half crisis

By Dave Hadfield

Thursday, 10 November 2005

New Zealand believe that they will find an answer to their scrum-half crisis from within their squad, rather than having to send for reinforcements. With Lance Hohaia on his way home with ankle ligament damage, the Kiwis could have been tempted to call up either Stacey Jones or the equally experienced Robbie Paul for Saturday's game against Great Britain.
Instead, their coach Brian McClennan says they are likely to pick from their existing resources, with Motu Tony and David Faiumu the likely candidates. "Motu played on the wing for Hull in the Challenge Cup final, but he is relishing being closer to the action," he said. "David came through the grades as a half-back, so we're not as poor there as people might think."
The Kiwis tried out different combinations in training yesterday, although they have not completely ruled out an SOS to France or Huddersfield.
One complication is that Jones is due in New Zealand for the birth of his child at the time of the Tri-Nations final, which they will reach if they win or lose by less than 24 points on Saturday.
Like the Kiwis, Great Britain have delayed selecting their team, although Iestyn Harris is back in full training after a scan on his shoulder.
There will be one new name on the British team-sheet, with their captain Jamie Peacock asking to be known in future by his preferred name of James.
Craig Wing, who has flown in from Hawaii, has gone into Australia's team at hooker for their match against France on Saturday. With Danny Buderus rested and Trent Barrett injured, Craig Gower will captain a team in which Eric Grothe and Ben Creagh will make their debuts.
The Wigan coach, Ian Millward, has called for a reduction in the number of overseas players in the British game in order to strengthen the national side.
Clubs have a quota of three for next season, but there are so many exemptions that some clubs will be in double figures. Wigan themselves will have eight, but Millward would support a deal to slash those numbers. "What needs to happen is all the chairmen to reach a gentleman's agreement," he said.
Hull believe their Great Britain prop, Paul King, will stay with them despite being given permission to talk to Leeds.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
"I guess every game is a job interview for me now so I just want to get in there and rip in and have it wrapped up by halfway through the season.

That's a scary thought for opposing wingers !! :lol:

lucablight

First Grade
Just wanted to say Eric Grothe Jr would be a huge loss if he left. Would be nice if we could find some way to keep him.

hindy111

Post Whore
BURT- Stop saying inu and grothe are better.Maybe when burt was 24.But not nowdays.If el masri held a spot on goal kicking abilities than burts 2 pointers should count towards somthing too.People forget this?
Burt is safer and a better finisher than both of them.The only thing they have better then burt is there charges

the_eel

Juniors
Hey out of interest does anyone know what injury Grothe had at the start of the game?? He definitely looked pretty ginger in that first half but im assuming got some needles at half time and had a great second half. I was thinking maybe his back was playing up again??

Parra Guru

Coach
He also didn't participate in a lot of the warm up and headed back to the sheds earlier than the others.

Gronk

Staff member
Guru and Jarryd seem to have a love/hate relationship this year. Has anyone else noticed that hey often have a go at each other often down in the back right hand corner ?

Also this week the body language between them after Guru scored from the Hayne cut out pass was strange to say the least.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Guru and Jarryd seem to have a love/hate relationship this year. Has anyone else noticed that hey often have a go at each other often down in the back right hand corner ?

Also this week the body language between them after Guru scored from the Hayne cut out pass was strange to say the least.

funnily enough I noticed it too, when guru tried to aknowledge the pass he threw Hayne didn't bother responding.

Gronk

Staff member
funnily enough I noticed it too, when guru tried to aknowledge the pass he threw Hayne didn't bother responding.

Yep, I watched the second half on IQ (hehe couldn't watch the first 40) when I got home last night. Deffinatley some animostity there. Like two brothers bluing in the backyard.

the_eel

Juniors
Yep, I watched the second half on IQ (hehe couldn't watch the first 40) when I got home last night. Deffinatley some animostity there. Like two brothers bluing in the backyard.

Yeh definitely noticed that too and thought it was strange!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Maybe Haynzey's jealous because his roommate-and-best-friend-for-life Ben Smith pashed Eric after that last try??? :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Maybe Haynzey's jealous because his roommate-and-best-friend-for-life Ben Smith pashed Eric after that last try??? :lol:

I saw that too.
Maybe the Alan Jones 'sermon on the mount' is getting through to some of them:sarcasm: