What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe out for the season.

eel01s

Bench
Would rather let Tahu go and keep Guru if a choice had to be made.

I can't believe it but I agree with you! I was all for Tahu coming back, but gee unless his form picks up over the latter part of the season it's not looking good for the next 2 years.

I will always remember Eric's mighty game for us in the 2009 GF - he was superb. I hope he makes it back!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
lol, Penrith are looking to unload Mick Gordon apparently... wonder if there's a reunion on the cards ;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
PS that wink was purely a ";-) Eric and Kinga are lovers" and not a ";-) i know something you don't know"

No rumours, please!! STAY AT PARRA ERIC

Springs

First Grade
Surgery?
Isn't the reason the knee became so bad is that Anderson wanted him to have surgery on it in the first place?
That is quickly becoming Anderson's worst decision of the year.

bartman

Immortal
I must have missed how bad Grothe's injury was. Shame if that's it for him for the year.

And for the blue and gold as well. All the rumours of him on the lookout for another club in recent years, and the fact he happily left us before to go to the Roosters make me suspect that he's not really into staying an Eel anyway.

If DA is reducing wingers salaries too, then I don't think Eric would take the pay cut Burt did.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I can't believe it but I agree with you! I was all for Tahu coming back, but gee unless his form picks up over the latter part of the season it's not looking good for the next 2 years.

I will always remember Eric's mighty game for us in the 2009 GF - he was superb. I hope he makes it back!

Absolutely! He and Fui were inspirational!

Parra Guru

Coach
I must have missed how bad Grothe's injury was. Shame if that's it for him for the year.

And for the blue and gold as well. All the rumours of him on the lookout for another club in recent years, and the fact he happily left us before to go to the Roosters make me suspect that he's not really into staying an Eel anyway.

If DA is reducing wingers salaries too, then I don't think Eric would take the pay cut Burt did.

To be fair, he was quite young and at the time wasn't even sure if he'd remain playing the game.

Considering he has 2-3 good years left in him, I don't think anyone could blame him for trying to get the best possible offer instead of taking a cut. I'm sure his preference is the Eels.

bartman

Immortal
Well if his preference is the Eels, and he's been offered a wingers' salary (including a cut like Burt was this year), then there's no reason for him not to be signed up (like Burt is).

Good luck to Eric whatever he decides, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised either if he isn't around at Parra in 2011.

Bigfella

Coach
So where do you stand on tahu Bart, who wasn't a local product, left the club and the code, lied about it,came back on absolutely massive coin and has missed a heap of footy and played pretty poorly for at least half the games he has played?

CrazyEel

Bench
Bloody ridiculous, they pay $250k for a totally unproven Mortz, 300k for a broken down ex rugby flop in Tahu and won't consider $180k for a metre eater like Grothe.

The more I see of DA's and Ozzies plans the more I dislike them.

Parra Guru

Coach
Well if his preference is the Eels, and he's been offered a wingers' salary (including a cut like Burt was this year), then there's no reason for him not to be signed up (like Burt is).

Good luck to Eric whatever he decides, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised either if he isn't around at Parra in 2011.

No comparison really. Luke is a club stalwart who is showing some loyalty in return for years of loyalty from the club. I doubt the offers would pour in for either winger.

I think it's safe to say that Eric won't be here next season bur to be fair he's never painted himself as the ultimate club man. He's always played footy for the coin and enjoyment. People expect more of him because of his name. He's worked harder than ever for Parra in recent years.

I don't expect him to take a pay cut at this stage of his career but I'll be sad to see him
go.

Last edited:

Latest posts