What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grothe out for the season.

lucablight

First Grade
Bloody ridiculous, they pay $250k for a totally unproven Mortz, 300k for a broken down ex rugby flop in Tahu and won't consider $180k for a metre eater like Grothe.

The more I see of DA's and Ozzies plans the more I dislike them.

I have had the same thoughts as you. After letting go all of these players why we would not at least re-sign Grothe is very puzzling to me. He isn't an ordinary winger. He's like an extra forward and he is a big game player. I hope the Eels management come to their senses and re-sign him.

Jodeci

Bench
Just for the record if it hasn't been mentioned, Guru had surgery last Thursday and will be out for about 8 weeks which pretty much means he has played his last game for this year.

Kornstar

Coach
Just for the record if it hasn't been mentioned, Guru had surgery last Thursday and will be out for about 8 weeks which pretty much means he has played his last game for this year.

Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

Also a little humorous that even you realise that the season is over for us considering there are 8 weeks left in the regular season and he would be back for the finals :)

SDM

First Grade
Thanks for the update, it is appreciated.

Also a little humorous that even you realise that the season is over for us considering there are 8 weeks left in the regular season and he would be back for the finals :)

Humorous isn't the word I would use, bloody sadsacks.

bartman

Immortal
So where do you stand on tahu Bart, who wasn't a local product, left the club and the code, lied about it,came back on absolutely massive coin and has missed a heap of footy and played pretty poorly for at least half the games he has played?
Where do I stand on Tahu? Tahu hasn't had persistent rumours that he's about to leave us, and he's under contract. You seem to not like him very much though :lol:.

I'm saying good luck to Eric, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't an Eel in 2011 for the reasons mentioned before.

bartman

Immortal
No comparison really. Luke is a club stalwart who is showing some loyalty in return for years of loyalty from the club. I doubt the offers would pour in for either winger.

I think it's safe to say that Eric won't be here next season bur to be fair he's never painted himself as the ultimate club man. He's always played footy for the coin and enjoyment. People expect more of him because of his name. He's worked harder than ever for Parra in recent years.

I don't expect him to take a pay cut at this stage of his career but I'll be sad to see him
go.
The bold bit is kind of my point. I will compare Burt and Grothe, because they are both wingers off-contract. Burt took a pay cut and got on with it. Eric so far hasn't. As I say, good luck to him in the future if he chooses to do something else.

I don't expect more of him because of his name, if anything I expect less because I see beyond it and he's just another winger like anyone else. I hope he plays well when he's picked, and stays in good health and enjoys all the happiness he can find.

But like most players that come through the Eels, if they choose not to stay then I don't get sad. I just look to the next crop of Eels. Smae when Eric left last time, same when Tahu left last time...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I hope he re-signs. He would be the best $120K a year winger in the game. Thats alot of money we can put towards having better play makers.