What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group B Matches (England, Paraguay, Trinidad, Sweden)

MrSharky

Juniors
Ibrahimovic (2) + Larsson (2) 4-1 Yorke

Freddy to miss quite a few sitters as usual.

icon6.gif

MrSharky

Juniors
Yep a solid 3-0 for mine for the poms. First goalscorer Beckham followed by a second-half Owen brace.

icon6.gif

Macca_

Coach
MrSharky said:
Ibrahimovic (2) + Larsson (2) 4-1 Yorke

Freddy to miss quite a few sitters as usual.
What f**king drugs are you on?

As if Yorke is going to score.

And from a person that watches a lot of Ljungbergs matches I simply don't understand that comment. The guy runs his socks off in midfield all day. He is a very intelligent runner off the ball and gets into some great positions. And he's a good finisher. He started the recent season injured and never really found form. Seasons before that he was in double figures with his goal tally which is a good return for a midfielder.

MrSharky

Juniors
Penalty maybe?

Lucic and Mellberg have been known to give away a few handballs in the area... It's a possibility. Just my prediction... don't see why you should be getting all heated up?

Ljungberg isn;t the same player as two seasons ago. Sure he works hard but come on his goal drought during the year was terrible... he could not buy a goal mate. Doesn't mean he'll play sh#t... just won't score IMO...

icon6.gif

Macca_

Coach
MrSharky said:
Penalty maybe?

Lucic and Mellberg have been known to give away a few handballs in the area... It's a possibility. Just my prediction... don't see why you should be getting all heated up?
I should have put a smiley. Those that know me here realise my comment was aimed at your Freddie one :lol:

MrSharky said:
Ljungberg isn;t the same player as two seasons ago. Sure he works hard but come on his goal drought during the year was terrible... he could not buy a goal mate. Doesn't mean he'll play sh#t... just won't score IMO...
And how closely do you follow the game? As I said, he started the season injured and never really got going 100%. Wasn't till near the end of the season he actually got it right. He was still in doubt for Swedens WC a few weeks ago. He's very much a confidence player and it's taken a while for him to get it back.

MrSharky

Juniors
I follow the EPL, Championship and La Liga quite closely actually.

Freddy's goal drought may have been due to injuries, but certain games stick out where Freddy just DID NOT have his shooting boots on. From memory Liverpool (1-0 loss, late Luis Garcia goal), Tottenham (1-1 draw) and Bolton? (Away Loss) games come to mind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freddy only scored 1 goal in the last premiership campaign din't he (v Man City)? It just was not his season.

I have nothing against Ljungberg... he is certainly a good quality midfielder. He just hasn't impressed me this season that's all.

icon6.gif

Macca_

Coach
MrSharky said:
Freddy's goal drought may have been due to injuries, but certain games stick out where Freddy just DID NOT have his shooting boots on. From memory Liverpool (1-0 loss, late Luis Garcia goal), Tottenham (1-1 draw) and Bolton? (Away Loss) games come to mind.
That's one great memory... So you'll know that the spuds game was when he was just back from injury. And a quick look at the match reports doesn't show all these missed chances that you say he has.

MrSharky said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freddy only scored 1 goal in the last premiership campaign din't he (v Man City)? It just was not his season.
Fair dink. They guys had an injured plagued season.
He missed the opening months.
Hamstring injury in November.
January was stop start with a virus.
February was a calf injury.
March he was out for a number of games too.

Yes, he scored 1 goal in 19 appearances (all competitions).
04/05 - 38 appearances for 15 goals.
03/04 - 44 appearances for 10 goals.
02/03 - 32 appearances for 8 goals.

Without the interupted season he'd have pushed double figures again, I'm sure of it.

MrSharky said:
I have nothing against Ljungberg... he is certainly a good quality midfielder. He just hasn't impressed me this season that's all.
So don't acknowledge that his lack of goals has something to do with an injury plagued season and then go on to say he hasn't impressed. All players fail to impress when struggling with injuries and they take time to regain confidence.

Macca_

Coach
My damn austar is playing up and I'm missing the League! Thinking about having a snooze :lol:

sunny

team lineups are just in: england with the expected xi (robinson, a cole, terry, ferdinand, neville, j cole, gerrard, lampard, beckham, crouch, owen)

paraguay lineup (in numerical order): villar, toledo, gamara, carceres, bonet, santa cruz, acuda, peredes, riveros, valdez, caniza

good to see santa cruz playing

As much as I'd love to see England choke, I can't see it happening.
England 2-0.

Crouch to get a yellow card for embarassing his nation by doing the 'robot'

Latest posts