What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow up Queensland

MattJ

Juniors
He was crying because of those few things you called 'wank' in the sentence you were talking about Thurston crying in. Pride, mateship, giving it his all. I didn't see any NSW players looking like they gave a sh*t about losing the second game. Thurston has Qld pride, cared about the wellfare of his mate, and was disapointed becasue he felt like him and the team had 'let down' Queensland for lack of a better word.

I dunno about you, but that's how I'd rather see my team feeling after the game then just sitting around like a bunch of no pride deadsh*ts like most of the NSW team were when it really mattered.

Or... he cried because they lost and he really wanted to win.
As previously mentioned, Lockyer couldnt even acknowledge the blues in the post game speech, that would be a given in almost any situation, but the bratty petulant qld attitude that was shown at the end of the night continued to show.

MattJ

Juniors
When was he crying??????

He was shaking hands and so forth with the opposition at the end of the game, didn't look like he was crying to me.

It showed him on the telecast eyes all watering and sniffing when the players were shaking hands afterwards.

hellteam

First Grade
Or... he cried because they lost and he really wanted to win.
As previously mentioned, Lockyer couldnt even acknowledge the blues in the post game speech, that would be a given in almost any situation, but the bratty petulant qld attitude that was shown at the end of the night continued to show.

Yeah that was bad

sass

Juniors
yep I saw it too. thurston definitely had a tear.

I'm not surprised tho, he's always sooky when he loses, it's not just an origin thing. he used to cry as a teenager whenever his team lost too.

nothing to do with queensland pride or petulance.

hellteam

First Grade
I like footballers that show their emotion, theres nothing worse then seeing a player lose a game or even do something like drop the ball and look like they dont give a sh*t about it.

I used to hate Hayne but now I like him because he cares about footy and what's happening on the field.

sass

Juniors
you know I felt the same way about izzy folau. I liked him more after seeing how crushed he was after losing the gf to manly.

I also have a weird soft spot for wayne pearce (I know, I can't explain it) and I think mainly it's cause I remember how heartbroken he was after losing the balmain-canterbury gf.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
its obvious qld were acting like spoilt brat bitches out of frustration of being dominated in front of there home crowd when they were so sure they would get a clean sweep. If it was all out of anger, standing up for a mate, qld pride, and any other amount of wank you want to believe, please tell us all why Thurston was crying after the full time siren? That seems very feminine, especially considering they had won the series.
Price got knocked out in a one on one stoush, he wanted to go on with it, he payed the penalty, the bomb on the 1st tackle was for no other reason but to line up any blue jersey, wether or not they had been involved and inflict any amount of swinging arms and other cheap shots possible.
Creagh is a great player, but not a fighter, he was only trying to push players off of Gidley who was being worked over, Hodges acted like a twat about it.
Congrats qld, you won your 4th series, but the last two minutes although entertaining, showed what a bunch of arrogant petulant pricks some of your team can be.

FFS now I have heard it all. A NSW supporter calling QLD arrogant pricks? The definition of the pot calling the kettle black if I have ever seen one.

Its Rugby League champ not f**king soccer. Its a physical and confrontational game. If you don't like your poor little players being on the end of some agression well Rugby League is not your game I'm sorry to tell you.

You still win and feel the need to bitch and moan about something. :roll:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Harden up princess
Its State of Origin not a game of Backgammon

THANKYOU... i swear the way some of the guys in this section have reacted to tiny little things in last nights game i would expect they would be better suited to watching badminton.

MattJ

Juniors
FFS now I have heard it all. A NSW supporter calling QLD arrogant pricks? The definition of the pot calling the kettle black if I have ever seen one.

Its Rugby League champ not f**king soccer. Its a physical and confrontational game. If you don't like your poor little players being on the end of some agression well Rugby League is not your game I'm sorry to tell you.

Oh please! Qld have become arrogant, they have won 4 series in a row, they are continually praised by the media as the greatest qld side ever, the best backline ever assembled, etc.... its natural that egos have swelled and arrrogance has developed. With the amount of success they have had, it would be expected, how have the blues showed any arrogance?
I know its the qld mindset to make out you are constantly the under dogs and the blues are the bad guys, blah, blah, blah, but you cant seriously believe that the maroons didnt act like wankers in the last two minutes, mainly due to the fact they were soundly beaten on there home ground when they turned up expecting a clean sweep.
Im not bitching and moaning, i was just responding to claims that qld supporters had made about a few things that happened in the game, seems like your team won the series and your bitching and moaning to me.

_Johnsy

Referee

Well it would appear that QLD may not be fielding a side next year, especially if these ciomments are anything to go by. We had QLD players whinging deluxe about price being belted from the side by waterhouse (Thaiday and Hodges), it didn't happen. yet they still whinge, grow the **** up, as a-q-f, says its footy.

Loudstrat

Coach

You f*cking sheila. Read the headlines about Queelsnlanders whinging after the game, about how that sook Hodges is gunna 'get' Barret the NEXT time he sees him (like, why didn't you on the night?), like Heather's petulant non acknowledgement that NSW beat them.

FFS, Thurston thought he was Eric Simms and Wolfmans head was the ball in the 71 grand final. No NSW player whinged.

Get over your inferiority complex, Queensland. You won the series, but lost the war. Arrogant pricks that have been blaming NSW on your own shortcomings ever since 1980.

You want respect for winning 4 series straight? Yet you can't give respect for losing ONE GAME?

Footnote - todays whinge focuses on Justin Poore whol lifted Price when he was down. Ask Eric Grothe about that fat slob Chris Close in 1981, who lifted him while unconcious, and belted him. Of course, fat slob Close hid from Guru in the next 2 grand finals, and his cream puff career died as a result. Close only survives by being king bogan.

As someone said, we put the Queen back in Queensland!

dragonszero9

Juniors
QLDers still crying about getting knocked the f#ck out?
price stood toe to toe and got taught a lesson in fighting

and thurston kicking David Williams in the head that was more of a "dog act" then poore picking up price

justin hodges is the biggest pansy in nrl at the moment without a doubt, Creagh was just trying to get a quick play of the ball then hodges trys to fight him while his back is turned? oh very manly, then he basically runs to the other end of the field when poore and anothny stand up to him??

lets see if hodges (bronco's) try's to fire up at Creagh when they playing the dragons next.
with weyman, micky, poore and young my bet is not

DRAGONS 09

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
FFS, Thurston thought he was Eric Simms and Wolfmans head was the ball in the 71 grand final. No NSW player whinged.

Kurt Gidley said:
'Wolfman' is sitting in there now with a fully closed eye and a bleeding mouth from a kick to the face,"

Dumb Hypocrite.

Thurston's immediate reaction to his kick: "I patted him on the chest and said sorry and he said he was alright.''

Poore's reaction the next day to his "grab and dump": "It doesn't bother me," and "Footy is footy, I'm glad we won"