What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow up Queensland

Knightmare

Coach
You f*cking sheila. Read the headlines about Queelsnlanders whinging after the game, about how that sook Hodges is gunna 'get' Barret the NEXT time he sees him (like, why didn't you on the night?), like Heather's petulant non acknowledgement that NSW beat them.

FFS, Thurston thought he was Eric Simms and Wolfmans head was the ball in the 71 grand final. No NSW player whinged.

Get over your inferiority complex, Queensland. You won the series, but lost the war. Arrogant pricks that have been blaming NSW on your own shortcomings ever since 1980.

You want respect for winning 4 series straight? Yet you can't give respect for losing ONE GAME?

Footnote - todays whinge focuses on Justin Poore whol lifted Price when he was down. Ask Eric Grothe about that fat slob Chris Close in 1981, who lifted him while unconcious, and belted him. Of course, fat slob Close hid from Guru in the next 2 grand finals, and his cream puff career died as a result. Close only survives by being king bogan.

As someone said, we put the Queen back in Queensland!

It was an entertaining game no denying that. The thing is, the Maroons went into Game 3 thinking it was a given they would win on home turf, and would get their island holiday, street parade, acknowledged as the greatest Qld team ever blah blah blah blah.

When it began to look as if their party would be gatecrashed, they decided to have a sook rather than man up. Thurston kicked Williams in the face on purpose (watch the above shot of the incident, it's quite damning) and then when Gidley was complaining to the ref about it, JT called him a 'spastic'. Nice one JT, wonder how you're going to explain that next time you visit a ward full of disabled kids?

Then Price got dropped in a toe-to-toe and although it did look bad for Waterhouse, subsequent replays show he just arrived at the wrong time. Instead of trying to score a try and have the last laugh, the Maroons decided it would be great to put up a bomb and do their best to injure whichever NSW player got the ball first, irrespective of whether or not he'd been involved in the fight. Hodges decided he would come as the 4th man with a swinging arm that hasn't been seen since 1979 at Lidcombe Oval, then challenge the Blues players to a fight when he was protected behind his own team-mates and the refs.

Then he and Thaiday have the nerve to excuse such thuggery as this "brotherhood" bullsh*t. What do they think it is, the mafia? I'm not so sure Lockyer honestly forgot to pay credit to NSW in his victory speech, he's too smart and played in the game too long to just forget it like that. For Greg Inglis to come out later and do the "We won 4 in a row so nya nya" routine just shows that he, like many of the Qld fans, have got nothing to defend the pathetic thuggery showed by their team on Wednesday night.

As for the fans throwing cups of beer onto the field, if this is that exclusive "Qld passion" they harp on about, then I am glad those of us south of the Tweed apparently don't care much about Origin. It just proves once again that you can build a world-class facility like Suncorp, but it will still be full of cavemen. Wednesday nights' game proved that a considerable portion of Qld fans are just like the team they follow- passionate, flashy, entertaining, but rather lacking in class or sportsmanship. Nothing to do with which side I follow, I am just calling it as I see it.

Last edited:

dragonszero9

Juniors
Dumb Hypocrite.

Thurston's immediate reaction to his kick: "I patted him on the chest and said sorry and he said he was alright.''

Poore's reaction the next day to his "grab and dump": "It doesn't bother me," and "Footy is footy, I'm glad we won"

yeah difference is that we didnt have a sook and stand behind the ref and mouth and pick on the smaller play ;-)

Snoop

Coach
I've replayed the tackle about 10 times and it's about time some things get cleared up.

1. Hodges wasn't the 4th man in, Lockyer was and he was basically laying on top of the pile and got off immediately anyway.
2. The only real swinging arm looked to be Thurston's second attempt after the initial contact. Hodges are did swing but he put his shoulder into it more than his arm.
3. Creagh did not push Hodges off Kidley, he pushed Hodges after Hodges had already stood up.
4. Creagh back pedalled immediately after the push like he was doing an up-touch-back training drill.

So harden up guys. You are allowed to kick it to the opposition and tackle them. You are allowed to have three and four men in a tackle. You should ask Gidley how to grow a pair because he obviously has. Don't as Creagh, he hasn't yet.

Snoop

Coach
Oh and RedBear, I've got a logo idea for your team if/when they re-enter the top grade.

carebear.gif

Knightmare

Coach
Knightmare: Win or Lose he stills acts like a b***h.

Dear god...

:lol: Yeah, because it wasn't as if I was blaming NSW and the selectors in Game 1 or 2, was I? The difference between me and skeepe is that skeepe has never (to date) ever blamed his team for a loss.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Oh please! Qld have become arrogant, they have won 4 series in a row, they are continually praised by the media as the greatest qld side ever, the best backline ever assembled, etc.... its natural that egos have swelled and arrrogance has developed. With the amount of success they have had, it would be expected, how have the blues showed any arrogance?
I know its the qld mindset to make out you are constantly the under dogs and the blues are the bad guys, blah, blah, blah, but you cant seriously believe that the maroons didnt act like wankers in the last two minutes, mainly due to the fact they were soundly beaten on there home ground when they turned up expecting a clean sweep.
Im not bitching and moaning, i was just responding to claims that qld supporters had made about a few things that happened in the game, seems like your team won the series and your bitching and moaning to me.

Take your blue goggles off d#psh$t.

Do you want me to go through the final stages where NSW carried on like wankers?

- Waterhouse blindsiding Steven Price
- Justin Poore picking up an uncounsious Steven Price and dropping him down again
- Trent Barret clapping and smiling while Price is on the ground uncounsious.
- Ben Creagh running away like the little b#tch he is after his shove.

A big difference between agression and pure acts of thuggery by cowards such as Waterhouse, Poore, Barret, Creagh.

4 IN A ROW CHAMP. END OF DISCUSSION......

Big Pete

Referee
At least Skeepe supports his side instead of admitting defeat before kick off.

"NSW's are going to lose...but but but guys don't think QLD have any distinct passion".

Please you're obsessed with us and our mantra. You spend more time b***hing and moaning about what Queenslanders think and feel as opposed to supporting your own side. If you truly felt New South Wales cared about Origin you'd show it rather than continuously arguing and telling us Queenslanders how to act which by the by is about as effective as David Williams.

Knightmare

Coach
When did I say NSW were going to lose before a match in this series?

I'm not going to hold my breath while you try to prove otherwise...

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Game 2 2007.

Remember clear as day after you tried to gloss over the Maroons series win in 2006.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

Because that makes all the more difference?

Truth is you b***h and moan about something you've failed to create. Do something about it and maybe we may give you credit.

Knightmare

Coach
Truth is you don't like my earlier post because it said things about the Maroons that were not nice. In the beginning I actually thought Waterhouse running in was a thug act and caused Price to go to Disneyland, warranting his sending off, but on repeated views he wasn't to blame for it. Repeated viewing of Hodges and Thurston's infringements, though...

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: I love it that you hate Hodges and Thurston. Fantastic players and unlike your boys they're not cowards.

I'm just bored of your inane ramblings. Find some new material for Pete's sakes.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I haven't seen him run away from a fight.

Perhaps he should, Casey McGuire put him down in one punch :lol:

As much as I love Hodges the player, Hodges when it comes to the BS he carries on with on the field is all push and shove. He has no intention of following through with any physical stuff. All talk, can't back it up.