What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the Broncos v Dogs crowd.

The Broncos v Dogs crowd?

• 25-30,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-35,000

• 35-40,000

• 40-45,000

• 45 plus

• Total voters

ibeme

First Grade
I thought I read a few days ago that 40000 tickets had already been sold. Could have been dodgy figures.

And for anyone who believes that AFL is a threat to Rugby League in SE QLD, all I can say is this. Most don't follow AFL, they just follow the Lions. Outside of them, most couldn't give two shits about AFL. The ratings show that, and the fact that they choose to run repeats of old movies instead of showing AFL games that don't involve the Lions also show it. It's the same with the Swans in Sydney, only their ratings suck when they are playing. It's an enthusiastic, but plastic following. Rugby League is real.

miccle

Bench
Ibeme - it's quite possible 40 000 have been "sold", as I'm sure the PAX numbers don't include season ticket holders. I'm not too sure how many people have season tix but it would be a few thousand I'm thinking. This would mean that it was pushing 40K last wednesday when my mate bought his tix..

Coaster

Bench
ibeme said:
I thought I read a few days ago that 40000 tickets had already been sold. Could have been dodgy figures.

And for anyone who believes that AFL is a threat to Rugby League in SE QLD, all I can say is this. Most don't follow AFL, they just follow the Lions. Outside of them, most couldn't give two sh*ts about AFL. The ratings show that, and the fact that they choose to run repeats of old movies instead of showing AFL games that don't involve the Lions also show it. It's the same with the Swans in Sydney, only their ratings suck when they are playing. It's an enthusiastic, but plastic following. Rugby League is real.

I agree 100% but that doesnt change the fact that if the NRL do nothing over the next few years, that plastic game u refer too, wont take over our real game hands down.

We are not talking about us, the 15yrds to 55yrds and there following we are talking about the 3yrds to 15yrds that is the future.

And with countless public exposure to AFL, all they will know is that, and not the best game of all.

Hell, my daughter knows about 7 players names from the Lions, and i have never in my life had a game of AFL on my TV. So tell me where this talent will go????

PINGU

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
PINGU said:
I would think 28,000 for the doggies V Broncos game.

If they used the same procedure that the Wests Tigers used at Leichardt on the weekend then the crowd would be 120,000.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pingu actually believes there was only 14,000 at Leichhardt on Sunday.

:lol:
Did I ?

Or did I quote 5,000 Wests Tigers fans and 14,000 South Sydney fans? which came to the amount of 19,000 odd fans.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
PINGU said:
hybrid_tiger said:
PINGU said:
I would think 28,000 for the doggies V Broncos game.

If they used the same procedure that the Wests Tigers used at Leichardt on the weekend then the crowd would be 120,000.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pingu actually believes there was only 14,000 at Leichhardt on Sunday.

Did I ?

Or did I quote 5,000 Wests Tigers fans and 14,000 South Sydney fans? which came to the amount of 19,000 odd fans.

:lol: :lol:

Pathetic.

There were no more than 2000 Souths fans.

The fact that you actually think this is laughable.

PINGU

Juniors
I'm pathetic?

I might have to cancel my trip down to Narooma this weekend ;-)

You know who is pathetic?

Just stop, think for a few moments, then take a look in the mirror.

You have no idea do you :clap: grow up boy and maybe in a few years you will learn.

Here comes the school bus, better hurry up.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

You are unbelieveable. Your hatred for anything remotely to do with Balmain is laughable.

Think for a few moments - do you actually believe there was only 5000 Wests Tigers fans there on Sunday?

YOU have no idea. In a few years I will still be supporting my team, whilst you would have probably changed teams again, whilst still thinking clubs bump up crowd figures. :lol:

You need to take some medication or something.

pcpp

Juniors
curious said:
Moffo said:
Crowds are up by heaps and so are ratings...how do you draw such a conclusion? Who cares what the courier mail put in their papers

The Lions have won 4 in a row, of course they are going to get heaps of publicity. So would the storm if they won 4 premierships

How do you draw such a conclusion?
Crowds are down, look at the 50k plus we used to get to ANZ
Ratings are at a all time low for SEQLD
Who cares about what people put in there papers? well Consumers do, thats how the word is spread, if its all about AFL there is going to be a definite rise in there Ratings.
BTW Lions have won 3 in a row
About the Storm, you are right, and wouldnt that be the NRL's Dream :?:

Crowd's are up from the last 7 years. We're in the present, not the past.

Ratings are at an all time high - state of origin 2 got 700,000 viewers. Broncos matches consistently rate more than 300,000 in Brisbane.

In the papers, Bronco's are always first. 5-7 pages about NRL, then union news, then AFL news.

Coaster

Bench
I wasnt talking about Brisbane City, i was talking about SEQLD.

Come to the GC and you will find that some pubs here wont show league on the telly, just AFL crap, and the Gi-gies. :evil:

RL is on the slide here, and the NRL dont seem to care.

ouwet

Bench
curious said:
How do you draw such a conclusion?
Crowds are down, look at the 50k plus we used to get to ANZ

How many of them were freebies? HEAPS!

Crowds are up in Brisbane will continue to go up!

ouwet

Bench
Just on the tickets i know ALL the Yellow and Maroon seats are sold out. Bays 31-32 sold out and 33 singles... That was last week!! A lot more would of gotten sold imo.

ouwet

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
Just on the tickets i know ALL the Yellow and Moroon seats are sold out. Bays 31-32 sold out and 33 singles... That was last week!! A lot more would of gotten sold imo.

Just an update. On the Broncos HQ Website a guy said the white seating on the Southern End is sold Out.

Pretty much the lower section of the stadium then would be goonnnneee... U guys better hurry and get tickets!!!

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/VenueDetails.aspx?v=BRC&s=2393

Click on link to see seatings.
And there are going to be heaps of Doggie fans there! I say around 10,000...

russ13

First Grade
curious said:
I wasnt talking about Brisbane City, i was talking about SEQLD.

Come to the GC and you will find that some pubs here wont show league on the telly, just AFL crap, and the Gi-gies. :evil:

RL is on the slide here, and the NRL dont seem to care.

There is no saturday arvo NRL match so it not a case of the pubs not showing NRL games in that timespot. The NRL games start at 5.30 pm.
Btw RL TV ratings are going gangbusters (see EA's thread on the FIGHT CLUB Forum).

Anyway the Queensland Cup games on Channel 2 outrate AFL matches by a margin of 2 to1 (generally). Ask the pub attendants to change the channel to the ABC. Do your bit to promote to promote RL.

I would also wager the only ones watching the AFL are ex-Victorians

Have a look at the grass roots of both codes on the coast & you will find RL is so much stronger. Burliegh will probably win the QC.

russ13

First Grade
Here are some interesting figures about the viewing audience for the two codes GFs over the last 3 years. The figures are from OZTAM for the Brisbane area which includes SE Queensland of about 2.4 million viewers.

AFL 460,729
NRL 542,399

AFL 375,390
NRL 653,221

AFL 575,178
NRL 638,175

There is no indication gere that the interest in the NRL is on the wane. No Brisbane or Queensland team played in the NRL GFs wheres the Brisbane AFL team played & won in these years. As for the AFL it's profile has increased but one would think the interst might have peaked if the Brisbane does not make the GF.

Over to you curious.

iggy plop

First Grade
I heard Bruno Cullen talking to Greg Carey (4BC) this arvo and he's confidently predicting over 45,000.

Coaster

Bench
russ13 said:
Here are some interesting figures about the viewing audience for the two codes
Over to you curious.

Russ13 we seem to be fighting the same war but from 2 different angles.

You are obviously a Brisbane resident and supporter, and feel im trying to embarris our state, but im not.

My point is not that RL is still not strong in QLD, but the fact that its losing its strengh due to poor management from the NRL.

A simple fact that i cannot bring statistics for, is how many work offices in SEQLD have tipping competitions for the AFL, and or NRL?

I want nothing more then the NRL to be in every home, and have a tipping comp in every office but thats not the way its working out.

How many people in there everyday life follow RL compared to the AFL in SEQLD, remember that i have played RL since i was 5 yrd, and have never shown a game of AFL on my TV, so im not a AFL supporter, but a concerned RL fanatic.

Compare those numbers to the amount of juniors here in SEQLD, with the AFL coverage and there promotions and school interest. Full days in dreamworld that are free with a Lions jersey on, and to meet and great the players.

To the Rugby League in SeQlD, and the battering that we coped in the offseason, the relitively close to the GC rape alligations and the constant fighting (ie: Cop bashing, pepper spray, and King hits)

All that doesnt help RL, but still RL holds the ratings, so now we come to a point where this City of 600k ask for our own team, not one from NSW(tweed heads), But one from the GC, a team we can call our own.

miccle

Bench
LebaneseForces said:
And there are going to be heaps of Doggie fans there! I say around 10,000...

Mate if there are going to be 45,000 people I'd predict somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 doggies fans. And no I'm definitely not kidding!