What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess Who's Back

frank

Juniors
10/08/04: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders coach, Matthew Elliott, has named his lineup for this Sunday's vital home clash against the Melbourne Storm.

Brad Drew has been named on a 5-man bench as standby for Raiders captain Simon Woolford, who didn't train today due to a groin injury.

Michael Robertson also returns to the lineup and has been named on the bench, along with Kris Kahler, who has been promoted from Premier League.

Troy Thompson has been named in the starting lineup, with Luke Davico undergoing scans today on his injured pectoral muscle. The scans are expected to confirm that Davico will not be returning to the playing field this season.

Jason Bulgarelli has retained his centre position, while Matt Gafa will again start on the wing, with Jason Croker to again take up the pivot role.

Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v Melbourne Storm

Telstra Premiership Round 23
2.30pm, Sunday 15 August, 2004
Canberra Stadium

Coach: Matthew Elliott

1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Joel Monaghan
3 Adam Mogg
4 Jason Bulgarelli
5 Matthew Gafa
6 Jason Croker
7 Mark McLinden

13 Tyran Smith
12 Ian Hindmarsh
11 Ruben Wiki
10 Troy Thompson
9 Simon Woolford (c)
8 Ryan O’Hara

Interchange
14 Michael Weyman
15 Josh Miller
16 Kris Kahler
17 Brad Drew
18 Michael Robertson

edabomb

First Grade
YES!!!! DREW AND BULGARELLI IN THE SAME TEAM AGAIN!!!!! WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN MY ELATION!!!!!

PS. The above is sarcasm.

This is about the final straw as far as I'm concerned. Put your money on the Storm, they're a sure thing.

WORST.

SIDE.

EVER.

A f*cking joke.

I called Thompson starting ahead of Weyman too.

Pathetic. I've had enough.

thickos

First Grade
The disappointment for mine is Weyman still on the bench. This was his golden chance to show his wares as our next great starting prop. Yet Elliott has gone for Thompson, who is a good honest player but no Weyman. A shame.

SOULS 04

Juniors
this is getting ridiculous
still no carney
for f**ks sake elliotits hard to keep supporting you when you do this sh*t over and over again.

greeneyed

First Grade
I am surprised Tyran Smith didn't get picked for halfback. As all our halfbacks have to be be old players called Smith, from now on.

And I think Bulgarelli should be in the 5/8th position, with McLinden on the bench, maybe dropped to Premier League. We wouldn't want anyone in the team who can run fast and attack the line.

And I can't understand why Drew is on the bench. Get him into the starting line up at hooker straight away! We need his intelligent kicking and passing game and his capacity to last the whole match. We can play Woolford in the lock position, if he is fit.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Thompson in the starting line up. Someone has to produce a highest error rate, and we wouldn't want our new five eighth to get it.

SOULS 04

Juniors
you know what i had high hopes when i saw your topic that graham was gonna be back
ahh well not to be

legend

Coach
To be expected.

Dopey coach sticks with dopey strategy of picking dopey players in one of the most important games of the year.

greeneyed said:
I am surprised Tyran Smith didn't get picked for halfback. As all our halfbacks have to be be old players called Smith, from now on.

And I think Bulgarelli should be in the 5/8th position, with McLinden on the bench, maybe dropped to Premier League. We wouldn't want anyone in the team who can run fast and attack the line.

And I can't understand why Drew is on the bench. Get him into the starting line up at hooker straight away! We need his intelligent kicking and passing game and his capacity to last the whole match. We can play Woolford in the lock position, if he is fit.

I can't believe anyone is complaining about Thompson in the starting line up. Someone has to produce a highest error rate, and we wouldn't want our new five eighth to get it.

Now you're talking! :lol:

twistedbydesign

Juniors
the selection of brad drew is a disgrace. irrespective of his playing ability (which we all know isn't reason to have him there anyway) drew shouldnt be picked ever again for the club given his obviously heartless display against the warriors. he just didnt want to be there. if we're gonna win on sunday we're gonna need all hands on deck, and i dont see how anyone can trust brad drew to give 100%.

its hard to see how we can score enough points to win.

Um Jammer Lammy

Juniors
This is a damn joke, How can Bulgarelli and Drew continue to be picked after their continuing disgraceful performances. Does Elliott want us to lose because his selections keep leading us down the wrong road. I am sick of this season. I hate this season. I just hope Bulgarelli drops out of sight in 05 with Frawley coming down and pray to Jesus himself that we don't have an injured centre the enitre year. Where is Carney? why is he, a talented youth being snubbed for a Brad freakin Drew that guy is a disgrace especially when he has no long-term benefits unlike Carney. Elliott is ruining our team!

woodgers

Bench
So what are you blokes up to for Mad Monday on the 6th of September?

Maybe this thread should be merged with Thicko's year of disappointment thread. Either that or edit it to include this.

Anonymous

Juniors
Aside from the pleasant apperance of Kris Kahler I am disgusted with this weeks lineup.

As Edabomb said, Drew and Bulgarelli finially make it into the side at the same time, the week after our two worst losses this season!

Does anyone, ANYONE still think Elliot is the right man for the job?

hrundi99

First Grade
Bizarre move to bring back Drew given his last performance.

If Woolford is out then yes he COULD have a good game at hooker, but I somehow doubt it.

Carney should be on the bench in his place. Creative spark is what we seriously lacked on Saturday night and he could have helped.

Do you get the feeling that perhaps they're trying to consolidate the PL team's form?

Bulgarelli wasn't going to be dropped given his fairly "solid" performance.

I think Croker's return to 5/8 is a good move.

Kris_man

Bench
I think Croker's return to 5/8 is a good move.
- sorry hrundi, but that comment officially makes you a nutball in my books. hmm, our halves are struggling to create attacking opportunities, hmm, i know!! let's put a back rower as one of our halves!!!! :roll:

woodgers

Bench
- sorry hrundi, but that comment officially makes you a nutball in my books. hmm, our halves are struggling to create attacking opportunities, hmm, i know!! let's put a back rower as one of our halves!!!!
While I don't think he is a half Kris, Hrundi does have a point. Where did Croker play last year? How well are we going this year? back to basics is the idea behind it. That is why Drew and bulgarelli are such puzzling selections. They struggle with basics as well.