What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus needs to STFU

pk76

Juniors
But he has been making good points about Inu's lack of involvement/confidence. And also about Hayne's lack of involvement in the attack given he's on pretty decent coin compared to either of our halfbacks...

I like Gus.

His points about Hayne and Inu were valid.

Hayne's defensive positioning and 'ball watching' are his biggest weaknesses, hence I still rate Slater as better F.Back at this stage.

forward pass

Coach
A commentator has every right to bag a half or five-eighth when they go missing - but a fulllback??

I actually like Gus but he was over the top tonight.

nöyd

Staff member
I don't think it's about what Gus says, it's just the amount of times he says it. After that call tonight you'd swear that Hayne must have done something to offend him - like be the first try scorer perhaps?

Tyler Durden

Juniors
cant' be all bad. he quite likes nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh. that was nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh.

sarahk

Juniors
I dont get Gus. One week he is pro Hayne and wont stop harping on about him and this includes talking him up on the Sunday roast, and then when the media is off Haynes back suddenly hes a anti-hayne and this whole time he knew Hayne was inconsistent etc etc.

This guy deadset changes his mind according to what the popular viewpoint is, and then acts like hes the genius that came up with the idea. He is a deadset tool. He might know his stuff, but if im watching my team play and im already dying of stress i DONT want to have to exposed to some idiot bagging out the best player in our team over and over talking about how he's NOWHERE. It was just ridiculous listening to the commentary and if it wasnt for Sterlo i would have had to mute the game.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Oh dear, Gus has been kissing Haynes arse for the last 12 months or so.
He has one game making some valid criticisms and it's the end of the world and people are wishing harm on him.
We just can't have him criticising any part of Haynes game now can we, we only like him when he is being a Hayne sycophant like most people on here.:roll:

Anything he said about Inu couldn't be argued with, Inu cbfb with anything. Even Sterlo bagged him about his unnecessary passes too. Letting the ball bounce at his feet was disgraceful. His woeful attempt at tackle on Yow Yeh was bloody pathetic, one of the worst tackle attempts I've seen. Letting him in for the try was bad enough earlier in the game but his attempt later on when the Broncos took off after the Mateo pass was shocking. Ando should've went down there and dragged him off the field by his ear.

spiderdan

Bench
It was only 12 months ago that Gus glommed onto hayne talking about how he knew how great hayne would be and how amazing it was how he'd just plod along in the back field until he saw an opportunity to attack. Now Gus is against this? Baffling!

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
His trouble is he doesn't know when to stop making his point-of-the-day, and repeats himself so much that even if you agreed with him to start with, you end up disagreeing with him because he's such a painful merkin!

I've sat in the stands and thought the same things about Hayne's involvement and Inu's detachment... but Gus gets paid good money to just pick a theme every game and repeat it for 80 minutes.

I don't think it's about what Gus says, it's just the amount of times he says it. After that call tonight you'd swear that Hayne must have done something to offend him - like be the first try scorer perhaps?

nail-on-head

Gus is more often than not spot on, he is just repetitive.
I also think Gus is more often than not spot on, he is just repetitive.
So he can be repetitive but he is more often than not spot on.

cant' be all bad. he quite likes nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh. that was nathan hindmarsh. nathan hindmarsh.
lol, he does love Hindmarsh. I wish he was the NSW coach for the last few years, Hindy would've been 1st picked. So he obviously knows his stuff.

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
Gus said something that made it plain and clear. He only came to watch The Chosen One play.
"We all came here to watch him play", Gus.
So he was getting fustrated when The Chosen One was having a qiuet night.

Other then that he hates our parra team.

P.S, Sterlo needs to back off from Inu. All I see is him targetting Inu in every game and when Inu shined in our last 3 games, not once did Sterlo praise him.

Frailty

First Grade
Don't worry. I've heard Hayne's manager is following it up to have a crisis meeting with Channel Nine's head of Sport because of Gould's unwarranted criticisms of Hayne. As per earlier this year, it is noted you can not criticise Hayne - even if it is constructive and justified.

Gould should be ashamed of himself!

mrpwnd

Bench
Oh dear, Gus has been kissing Haynes arse for the last 12 months or so.
He has one game making some valid criticisms and it's the end of the world and people are wishing harm on him.
We just can't have him criticising any part of Haynes game now can we, we only like him when he is being a Hayne sycophant like most people on here.:roll:

Anything he said about Inu couldn't be argued with, Inu cbfb with anything. Even Sterlo bagged him about his unnecessary passes too. Letting the ball bounce at his feet was disgraceful. His woeful attempt at tackle on Yow Yeh was bloody pathetic, one of the worst tackle attempts I've seen. Letting him in for the try was bad enough earlier in the game but his attempt later on when the Broncos took off after the Mateo pass was shocking. Ando should've went down there and dragged him off the field by his ear.
It's not really that he's criticising Hayne. As 5-6 people have just blatantly pointed out earlier, it's that he will stick to something at the beginning of the match and make it his agenda for the entire game. If you wanted to use Sterlo as leverage for Gus' honest criticisms, then it goes both ways, Sterlo was saying he didn't agree with Gus' frustrations over Hayne's 'wandering' play and PREFERRED that he see Hayne come in when needed rather than disrupt halves. I agree with alot of what he says about Hayne, but I don't see it as something so significant that should establish an 80 minute agenda to rant over, he even got quiet on Inu after the 2nd half. This thread isn't necessarily a Hayne wankfest of 'don't touch him', it's more 'isn't Gus just being annoying talking about the same thing for 80 minutes?'

Captain BF

Juniors
I was out this afternoon watching some mates play indoor cricket when one of my mates (A Sharks supporter) said that he had to turn the TV on mute because Gus was giving him the sh*ts. Another mate (tigers supporter) said he had to turn it off. After that i went out to dinner for my dads birthday. His best mate is a doggies supporter and he said he had it on mute, mind you he is half deaf anyway.

On leaving the restaurant, i bumped into another mate who is a Bronco's supporter... boy did he cop some! He not surpsingly said, "gee gus was annoying last night wasn't he!" He tried tuning in to Triple M but they were playing Nickleback, so he turned Gus back on...

The moral of the story is Gus sucks but Nickleback is worse!

Last edited:

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
It's not really that he's criticising Hayne. As 5-6 people have just blatantly pointed out earlier, it's that he will stick to something at the beginning of the match and make it his agenda for the entire game. If you wanted to use Sterlo as leverage for Gus' honest criticisms, then it goes both ways, Sterlo was saying he didn't agree with Gus' frustrations over Hayne's 'wandering' play and PREFERRED that he see Hayne come in when needed rather than disrupt halves. I agree with alot of what he says about Hayne, but I don't see it as something so significant that should establish an 80 minute agenda to rant over, he even got quiet on Inu after the 2nd half. This thread isn't necessarily a Hayne wankfest of 'don't touch him', it's more 'isn't Gus just being annoying talking about the same thing for 80 minutes?'
Ok, I take it back if that is indeed the case, but I still think it is the way I assumed first off with some people.
If he was kissing his arse, as per usual, then I'd doubt there be a thread, or as much venom.

Latest posts