What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagan keen to stay

bartman

Immortal
When he was given a three-year deal from 2007, Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald said Hagan insisted on a clause in his contract that he be told before his third year if a further term would be offered.
So that is the clause... and fair enough too, a year's notice in this type of game, considering that's what Fitzy gave his predecessor.

I'd have to say though... 13th place isn't good grounding to apply for an extension. Top 8 with the roster we have is a pretty good fall back position you'd think? And maybe just missing out might be able to be glossed over under the circumstances (Tim's retirement, strange off-field stuff early in the year)?

But languishing in 13th and not contesting the 8th spot down to the wire might be pushing it a bit too far for the club to accept. It's in Hages and the players hands, just as it has been the past few months.

Kornstar

Coach
So that is the clause... and fair enough too, a year's notice in this type of game, considering that's what Fitzy gave his predecessor.

I'd have to say though... 13th place isn't good grounding to apply for an extension. Top 8 with the roster we have is a pretty good fall back position you'd think? And maybe just missing out might be able to be glossed over under the circumstances (Tim's retirement, strange off-field stuff early in the year)?

But languishing in 13th and not contesting the 8th spot down to the wire might be pushing it a bit too far for the club to accept. It's in Hages and the players hands, just as it has been the past few months.

And maybe that is why they have been playing like they have been?

"wingers are 3/4s, too"
hey teach, what is this garbage?

The three-quarter line consists of centres and wingers. Just look at the names of the positions:

Fullback (8/8)
Three-Quarters (centres and wings) (6/8)
Five-Eighth (5/8)
Half-Back (4/8)

So, unless you want to call centres "three-quarters" (6/8) and wingers "seven-eighths" (7/8), then it stands to reason that they're both part of the three-quarter line.

Has anyone ever heard of 7/8s in footy?

stuke

Bench
not the greatest of bargaining points for old Hages. then again, who knows what Fitz will do...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
of course he wants to stay, he doesn't want to be unemployed

fat chance

jono

Juniors
The three-quarter line consists of centres and wingers. Just look at the names of the positions:

Fullback (8/8)
Three-Quarters (centres and wings) (6/8)
Five-Eighth (5/8)
Half-Back (4/8)

So, unless you want to call centres "three-quarters" (6/8) and wingers "seven-eighths" (7/8), then it stands to reason that they're both part of the three-quarter line.

Has anyone ever heard of 7/8s in footy?

I think the original 3/4 was actually a reference to the numbers 3 and 4 , the centres

Frederick

Staff member
I think the original 3/4 was actually a reference to the numbers 3 and 4 , the centres
wikipedia said:
The three-quarters are named thus as traditionally they stood three quarters of the way back
I know wikipedia isn't the most reliable source, but that Sean Fagan guy from rl1908.com might be able to verify this.

Also, weren't the numbers originally reversed, like Unions? Or am I imagining that :?

Utey

Coach
He finds out it won't be extended, it leaks out and we have another Brian Smith fiasco. You're a sh*thouse negotiator Fitzy.

cirque

Juniors
I think Hagan will stay whether we like it or not. Fitzy is not going to sack him. I think our club is hrtling towards insolvency. At this moment we are achieving nothing. There will be slow reduction of crowd to see games. THat is not good for us because it is going to hurt our revenue.
Something go to happen with next 2 years, otherwise people we are gonnnne.....

Utey

Coach
I think Hagan will stay whether we like it or not. Fitzy is not going to sack him. I think our club is hrtling towards insolvency. At this moment we are achieving nothing. There will be slow reduction of crowd to see games. THat is not good for us because it is going to hurt our revenue.

Exactly, with the state that Sydney football clubs are in at the moment, Fitzy should be doing everything in his power to achieve some success. Maybe it's more beneficial financially to hold on to the coach, rather than sack him and have to pay him out then to have success and fill the stadium. Just shows what type of club we are.

fish eel

Immortal
He finds out it won't be extended, it leaks out and we have another Brian Smith fiasco. You're a sh*thouse negotiator Fitzy.

Not really.

We've seen other coaches who have been given a seasons notice that they are moving on just get on with the job. Hagan himself is a good example in his final year at Newcastle. Neil Henry at Canberra and Nathan Brown this year another.

I dont have a problem with giving the coach that type of notice. It gives your new coach maximum time to prepare, and prospective signings know who is and isnt going to be the coach.

I don't mean in any way to be rude but are you blind?

I just logically spelled out what the 3/4s are and why they are called that. There's no need for further debate on the subject or for alternative opinions which are wrong.

Can I just ask why you think that? I read last years annual report. The Leagues club made a $4 million profit and spent $6 million on league so the leagues club spent $2 million of its $38 million in equity to cover. So do you think that in 2 years time we are going to completely spend that $38 Million in equity and that we will not make any money what so ever from our leagues club?

emjaycee

Coach
I don't mean in any way to be rude but are you blind?

I just logically spelled out what the 3/4s are and why they are called that. There's no need for further debate on the subject or for alternative opinions which are wrong.

Hehe dude, I think Jono meant that the original poster was referring to the jersey numbers 3 & 4 when using '3/4' .

No one doubts the three-quarter history you provided or the fact that wing three-quarter and centre three-quarter are the full names of those respective positions.

cirque

Juniors
Hey MITS the way we are going I am not sure whether we will be around in next 3 years so. If you do not win GF, there will be considerable reduction of crowds in stadium and hence result in reduce revenue. You do the maths MITS,
In last 22 years we have achieved nothing that will give me confidence that our club's future is bright. WE have gone from Bad-Worst-Good- Worst, there is no consistency. Looking at our recruitment, it tells another story. We do not want to spend money to get brighter, hard working players. Our juniors are not up to the standard of playing first grade. We have a bad coaching stuff which went high on the team BS/JT created.
So you do the math MITS. Hell, I never missed any PARRA match from 2002; I watched some other programs during EELS and COWBOY match. If I can be so disinterested watching crap our team is dishing out, think about the fans travelling from far.

Latest posts