What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hagans opinion on lower grade Team Funding

antonius

Coach
The Year we lost Doogs (not unusual) and Kennedy for the better part of the year and had significant other injuries we were fined the following year because the payments made to the replacements for them put us over the cap for that year. I have heard of clubs holding back using players because of the second tier cap, maybe they worked out the following years commitments and knew in advance they would be over the cap? You are quite right about the Broncos, that being allowed is an absolute joke, I mean next they'll want to put Lockyer into their feeder team and then get him for (A supposed???) $100.00 per game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

roopy

Referee
I was thinking *look out* - it seems to me that it would be better to place a cap on the maximum amount any one player in Flegg can receive - say 25,000.
That way the roosters could sign up and pay for all the kids from the country they wanted to, and pay them to train fulltime for the season, while there would be no incentive for young blokes to run out on other NRL teams, because the maximum they could get would be 25,000, and their local side should be able to come up with that if the kid is worth keeping.

I really think the Roosters should be allowed to throw 1.5 million into developing players for our sport if they want to, and maybe they could sign overseas guys up as well, Russians and Yanks etc.

eddo

Juniors
Sounds good roopy...but you are really into restraint of trade issues now.

but it might work, if someone is good enough, there will be a club willing to sign them as a premier leaguer