What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hail the Red Head number 7

bronco_buddy

Juniors
Without Wallace we wouldn't have won tonight.
I don't think he gets the praise he deserves. He started slowly but made a few key plays that helped steer the game back in the Broncos favour.
He's tough and a great defender.

CaneToad

Juniors
Hear Hear Buddy !!
Tough Little Bastard he is too...
My missus is a Panther Girl and I remember saying to her that they shouldnt have let him go when the Broncos announced they had signed him...
Penrith then had to sign Walsh from Newcastle who is a very similar No.7 but I must admit Walsh would have Wallace for sheer speed.
I don't think Wallace will ever win over every Broncos fan cause he is not quite the polished star some of our brothers want but geez he has got to be the best defensive 7 in the NRL and he kicked a couple of very important kicks tonight in the dying stages to keep the Bunnies down their end when we needed them - just like Locky used to do.
Now we just need to work on our kickoff reception :)

some11

Referee
+1

I bag the bloke a fair bit but he was great tonight. Absolute gun in defence.

DeeJ

Bench
After Brisbane scored the try to put them into the lead, the kick into the opponent's tryline and his chase afterwards was just perfect execution.

Big Pete

Referee
He's been very busy so far this season and I can't question his commitment.

His long distance kicking game is vastly improved on last year and he's hitting Hodges with some really good early ball (although heart in mouth start tonight). If he can bring it home with his short distance kicking game we should be onto a winner.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think many people underestimate Wallace's potential and sheer skill. Him being the main play maker now will make him a better overall player, Corey Norman is looking the goods too. Shame about Yow Yeh last night, he's a great winger and he'll be in the Aussie team for years to come. Few bullshit penalties and calls against the Broncs last night but i'm surprised and disappointed that we didn't capitalise on that and deal the final blow. Kudos to the Broncos, they're still in the hunt even without Lockyer.

AceAv

Juniors
That pass to Hoffman also was classy. Hadn't seen Wallace pull too many moves out until that 2d half. His LR kicking was better too. I think Lockyers teaching him how to put up those spiral kicks that land just short of the goal line so the DF can rush em.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Wallace has always played better without Lockyer. And now that Wallace has had the pre season to adjust to being the main play maker I think he is just going to get better and better.

Mr Fourex

Bench
+1

I bag the bloke a fair bit but he was great tonight. Absolute gun in defence.

+1

Whilst I don't necessarily feel the same euphoria in Peter's game on Friday night as the OP.......none the less, I think it was his best game of the year

thus far.

Big Pete

Referee
Just realised how smart it was of Wallace to grubber ahead for Hunt.

I thought it was a dumb move but on replay Inglis had just made a tackle and there was only open space infront of Hunt.

Dazzat

First Grade
There was a time when some posters on this forum swore black and blue that Tim Smith was a far better option.

Saw Coach Hook on The Game Plan who said he wouldn't swap Wallace for anyone in the competition ... I totally agree.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
There was a time when some posters on this forum swore black and blue that Tim Smith was a far better option.

Saw Coach Hook on The Game Plan who said he wouldn't swap Wallace for anyone in the competition ... I totally agree.

I agree on the defensive side of things...

AuDragon

Juniors
After last night's display I agree with Hook. Wallace is rapidly becoming one of the hottest halfback's in the competition! I'd say only Cronk and DCE have the wood on him at the moment...

Wallace is on fire. If he plays like this all year we are in very good shape. I don't mind Norman running so much as long as Wallace is moving the ball like this.

Mr Saab

Referee
I hope NSW avoid picking him. Selfeshly i want him to kick ass for the Broncos and avoid a 3 match series vs QLD which he will lose and also may suffer a confidence dent

Latest posts