What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 09/10 :: R1 Thurs :: Melbourne 0 Central Coast 2 @ Etihad

HAL 09/10 R1 result :: Melbourne vs Central Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You really can't bring yourself to give credit where it's due when it comes to CCM, can you? :lol: Sad sad man.

fish eel

Immortal
You really can't bring yourself to give credit where it's due when it comes to CCM, can you? :lol: Sad sad man.

You cant read can you?

Mariners are defending well.

Gee, thats me given credit to the Mariners

Still, it doesnt matter much as they're 2 goals to the good.

Gee, thats me acknowledging who I think is playing better doesnt matter because CCM have the goals

A well taken goal by Simon

Gee, thats me giving a Mariner some credit.

The only bad thing about the A-League starting is you coming back in here sprouting complete and utter nonsense

Timmah

Staff member
:lol:

Would it hurt to admit you hate the Mariners?

fish eel

Immortal
:lol:

Would it hurt to admit you hate the Mariners?

Would it hurt you to admit you cant read and I did give them a wrap?

For the record, I don't hate them Timmah. Unlike you, I haven't listed among my top priorities for the A League hating another team.

I hope they do well, I hope every team in the A League does well and is competitive- because that means the competition is flourishing.

What I dislike about the Mariners is the turgid style of football they've played under McKinna. Least attractive side in the competition. Yes, they've defended well tonight but as for playing football? The jury is still out as to whether or not they'll be more attractive than last year. Signs tonight aren't positive on that front but you cant blame them for sitting back deep given they're 2 up away from home.

Perhaps if they play better football they might get better crowds.

Bodsy

Juniors
Great Win. Especially when Simon Hill said Mariners would be in for a long night

Timmah you look like a soccer nut, do you think Western Sydney will be included into the A-League Next year?

Flapper

First Grade
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

What an excellent start to the season, good work Marinaters, hopefully the start of another pathetic title defence for those Victorian merkins :lol: :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Great Win. Especially when Simon Hill said Mariners would be in for a long night

Timmah you look like a soccer nut, do you think Western Sydney will be included into the A-League Next year?
If they push ahead with the expansion we'll be looking at Western Sydney and another club in Victoria I think.

Timmah

Staff member
Wow. Mariners.

F**king stoked. Top of the league :D (lets see how many bites that gets)

Bodsy

Juniors
I think there has been one already confirmed? Melbourne Heart?

If Western Sydney get a team, I'd be happy, I'd probably get a season ticket.

But for now, go you mariners!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think there has been one already confirmed? Melbourne Heart?

Yep, already confirmed. Second team to be announced in a month.

And I came in here all excited about the return of the A-League. I'd somehow managed to block out Timmah's inane, ill informed posts. Every year I forget about them and every year I come back in here to be unpleasantly surprised.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thank you to all the bashers, especially those who bagged our defense

clean sheet against the reigning champs who had over 60% of the possession

either we were very good or the Victory were very ordinary, take your pick

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Awesome win.

Finally we'll stop hearing that "haven't won in 2009" bullsh*t.

Positives -

* Clean sheet.

* McGlinchly & Bojic (MOTM IMO) despite Musc*nt trying his hardest to take the former out.

* Doig was very impressive.

Negatives -

* I didn't get on the Mariners at $5.50.

Glenn

First Grade
Adding to the positives Musc*nt putting Matty Simon onside for the first goal, and then later in the game the Hamstring going. :D:D

We are top of the league, say we are top of the league. :D:D:D