What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 09/10 :: R1 Thurs :: Melbourne 0 Central Coast 2 @ Etihad

HAL 09/10 R1 result :: Melbourne vs Central Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foz

Bench
Would it hurt you to admit you cant read and I did give them a wrap?

For the record, I don't hate them Timmah. Unlike you, I haven't listed among my top priorities for the A League hating another team.

I hope they do well, I hope every team in the A League does well and is competitive- because that means the competition is flourishing.

What I dislike about the Mariners is the turgid style of football they've played under McKinna. Least attractive side in the competition. Yes, they've defended well tonight but as for playing football? The jury is still out as to whether or not they'll be more attractive than last year. Signs tonight aren't positive on that front but you cant blame them for sitting back deep given they're 2 up away from home.

Perhaps if they play better football they might get better crowds.

Mckinna was the only coach that regularly played 3 strikers last year.Goal scoring hasnt been their problem(think they got 3rd most goals last year) its been the defence where the problems been and certainly not the ability to play attractive football.
Crowds werent that bad either considering a couple of horror nights weather wise last year.Averaged around 10k I think and given the Central Coasts population is tiny compared to a low side like Sydney who could only average around 2k per match more.Strange comments.

fish eel

Immortal
Awesome win.

Finally we'll stop hearing that "haven't won in 2009" bullsh*t.

Positives -

* Clean sheet.

* McGlinchly & Bojic (MOTM IMO) despite Musc*nt trying his hardest to take the former out.

* Doig was very impressive.

Negatives -

* I didn't get on the Mariners at $5.50.

You'll stop hearing about it, but it wasnt bullsh*t it was fact :cool:

Mckinna was the only coach that regularly played 3 strikers last year.Goal scoring hasnt been their problem(think they got 3rd most goals last year) its been the defence where the problems been and certainly not the ability to play attractive football.
Crowds werent that bad either considering a couple of horror nights weather wise last year.Averaged around 10k I think and given the Central Coasts population is tiny compared to a low side like Sydney who could only average around 2k per match more.Strange comments.

Not strange at all.

Three strikers doesnt mean you're playing an attractive style of football. McKinna is an old school manager and they play an old school style of football and got found out badly in the ACL.

As for you crowds, you got some dreadful crowds this year, especially in the ACL. Sydney's crowds nor their football were poor last year as well. Funny how both those sides played an unattractive style of football and both had poor crowds.....

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Oh come on, it was a good line to rib any Mariners fans :lol:

You cant overdo something like that!!! :lol:

OldGuyS.jpg

;-)

Hanscholo

Bench
Yes, they're playing better football.

Despite having 2 goals, Mariners arent really doing much with the ball. Aside from set pieces, I I cant think of a single time they put Melbourne under the pump? Still, it doesnt matter much as they're 2 goals to the good.

Melbourne are playing some good stuff with the ball but it's breaking down around the penalty box, and yeah, Mariners are defending well.

There was a bizarre free kick though against Archie. Should have gone to Melbourne, right on the edge of the square and in range for Hernandez.

I was hoping to see that Indonesian that Victory signed play, forget his name. Pretty quick, saw him in the ACL play against Sydney. Hopefully he comes on in the second half....

its generally what happens when you lead by two. They arent likely to push forward or do anything other than defend and knock it around.