What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 09/10 :: R1 Thurs :: Melbourne 0 Central Coast 2 @ Etihad

HAL 09/10 R1 result :: Melbourne vs Central Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
HALinfo09-melccm.jpg

teams-mel-main.jpg

1.Mitch LANGERAK (gk), 2.Kevin MUSCAT (c), 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7.Matthew KEMP, 8.Grant BREBNER, 9.Danny ALLSOPP, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.NEY FABIANO, 12.Rodrigo VARGAS, 14.Billy CELESKI, 15.Tom PONDELJAK, 16.Carlos HERNANDEZ, 19.Evan BERGER, 20.Glenn MOSS (gk), 22.Nick WARD

teams-ccm-alt.jpg

1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 4. Pedj BOJIC, 5. Brad PORTER, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 8. Dean HEFFERNAN, 11. Dylan MACALLISTER, 14. Michael McGLINCHEY, 16. Nigel BOOGAARD, 17. Chris DOIG, 18. Alex WILKINSON (c), 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Danny VUKOVIC (gk), 21. Ahmad ELRICH, 22. Nicky TRAVIS, 23. Adam KWASNIK.

ref-3.jpg

Matthew Breeze

Last edited:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Promising game, although I'm not expecting anything but a loss. However a draw is poossible.

Looking forward to seeing Travis, McGlinchy etc in action.

fish eel

Immortal
Mariners need to wait atleast another week for their first competitive win of this calender year. They're a joke.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Melbourne Victory Squad: 1.Mitch LANGERAK (gk), 2.Kevin MUSCAT (c), 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 7.Matthew KEMP, 8.Grant BREBNER, 9.Danny ALLSOPP, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 11.NEY FABIANO, 12.Rodrigo VARGAS, 14.Billy CELESKI, 15.Tom PONDELJAK, 16.Carlos HERNANDEZ, 19.Evan BERGER, 20.Glenn MOSS (gk), 22.Nick WARD

Central Coast Mariners Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 4. Pedj BOJIC, 5. Brad PORTER, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 8. Dean HEFFERNAN, 11. Dylan MACALLISTER, 14. Michael McGLINCHEY, 16. Nigel BOOGAARD, 17. Chris DOIG, 18. Alex WILKINSON (c), 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Danny VUKOVIC (gk), 21. Ahmad ELRICH, 22. Nicky TRAVIS, 23. Adam KWASNIK.

http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=28537&pageid=2467

fish eel

Immortal
geeze that Mariners squad really is average now.

It's disappointing, with the two new clubs coming in, the bar has been raised but CCM along with Newcastle seem to have been left behind. They're the bottom two sides IMO.

It wasn't that bloody long ago the two were so great either.
I'm worrying about this one but would love to be proven wrong. C'mon Mariners!

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Each year our squad looks average and each year the critics are proven wrong.

I'm not saying they're going to do well, but I'm not prepared to write the side off either. The main problem is depth, especially in defence and midfield.

fish eel

Immortal
Each year our squad looks average and each year the critics are proven wrong.

I'm not saying they're going to do well, but I'm not prepared to write the side off either. The main problem is depth, especially in defence and midfield.

the problem with the squad is that it is pretty much the one that has not won a competive match this calender year. They've got form, or lack thereof, on the board.

Timmah

Staff member
To be fair we haven't lost in the pre-season, we're not losing games all over the shop like we were leading up to and including the ACL.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
the problem with the squad is that it is pretty much the one that has not won a competive match this calender year. They've got form, or lack thereof, on the board.

True.

However their weakest area, the back four has been improved with the signing of Doig. The additions of Travis and McGlinchy in midfield will mean Porter and Hutchinson are no longer guaranteed starters.

Elrich and Macallister are finally at full fitness and as much as I think he's hopeless, Kwasnik has had an awesome pre-season.

IMO the squad has no doubt improved since the latter stages of last season/ACL, but they're still one quality import away from being a threat. I know for a fact the dry up of Gorman and Turnbull's pockets prevented Sterjovski from signing. They were only willing to offer him $165K per season. Had he signed, he may well have been the cliche "X Factor".

Timmah

Staff member
Melbourne playing better football?

Maybe in attack they look a little sharper, but our defence is sh*tting all over them so far.

fish eel

Immortal
Yes, they're playing better football.

Despite having 2 goals, Mariners arent really doing much with the ball. Aside from set pieces, I I cant think of a single time they put Melbourne under the pump? Still, it doesnt matter much as they're 2 goals to the good.

Melbourne are playing some good stuff with the ball but it's breaking down around the penalty box, and yeah, Mariners are defending well.

There was a bizarre free kick though against Archie. Should have gone to Melbourne, right on the edge of the square and in range for Hernandez.

I was hoping to see that Indonesian that Victory signed play, forget his name. Pretty quick, saw him in the ACL play against Sydney. Hopefully he comes on in the second half....