What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 2012/13 CHAMPIONS :: Mariners 2-0 Wanderers @ Allianz

Hyundai A-League 2012/13 champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
Had to laugh at the live cross on Ten news.
First question was "so are the police expecting any trouble?". The media love the soccer violence angle.

Could be media bias... Could be because there has been consistent trouble at wanderers games the last 2 months.

I don't recall those questions being asked before any other a league grand final, for example

Danish

Referee
I watched the pre-game show and they looked so relaxed in the dressing room laughing and playing keepie uppies up with Popovic. The Mariners were the ones who seemed tense.

Maybe just a case of GF experience?

People were saying how "relaxed" the roosters were before the 2010 grand final. Worked out well for us :lol:

The wanderers band wagon is taking the 2-nil scoreline exactly as you'd expect throwing flares on the field and tossing drinks at mariners players

Evenflow

Bench
A flair thrown onto the ground after the pen was called and drinks/cups being thrown at McBreen who scored the goal. Stay classy Wanderers fans......

Big Sam

First Grade
Could be media bias... Could be because there has been consistent trouble at wanderers games the last 2 months.

I don't recall those questions being asked before any other a league grand final, for example

The wanderers band wagon is taking the 2-nil scoreline exactly as you'd expect throwing flares on the field and tossing drinks at mariners players

You're too chicken to even wear your Everton jersey in Europe, so it's no wonder a few flares scare you :lol:

Cletus

First Grade

Perhaps but as a first question it was very odd. No questions about the build up or an interview with a fan, straight into the violence when the game hadn't even finished. Put it this way I can't imagine it being asked about any other sport in the country with the exception of Bulldogs games.

Danish

Referee
Probably because for the vast majority of people in this country the only interesting thing about soccer is the fans causing a bit of biff.

Mariners look to have it wrapped up here... But the same could be said when they were up 2-0 against the Roar. A late goal from the wanderers would be nice to make the last few mins interesting

Danish

Referee
Game over now. Well done to the mariners.

They dominated the first half and even in the 2nd when the wanderers had the better of the possession and territory they defended brilliantly. Wanderers looked a class below from start to finish.

Congrats to mariners. Good luck to the city rail trains

Big Sam

First Grade
Well done CCM. No longer chokers!

Now at least one of those stars above the badge means something...

Mong

Post Whore
Lol

I agree with the well done mariners sentiment though. Definitely the better team on the day..

Knightmare

Coach
Nice of Graham Arnold to give props to Uncle Wayne at the end. It was a Bronco-like Grand Final performance from the Mariners- not one for the highlights reels, but they got the job done.

Premiership still> Grand Final. ;-)

Big Sam

First Grade
Nice of Graham Arnold to give props to Uncle Wayne at the end. It was a Bronco-like Grand Final performance from the Mariners- not one for the highlights reels, but they got the job done.

I guess after the drama of '10, '11, and '12 we were due for a non-eventful one.

A few interesting facts - the Wanderers last loss was to Central Coast also 2-0, way back around New Years'. And the Mariners goalscorers were 38 and 36 y.o. respectively.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Mariners certainly had all the luck, there's no two ways about it. But in saying that I guess they were probably due a bit in a grand final.

The better team definitely won, the Wanderers looked very slow and never really fired a shot in anger. Bit difficult to win a grand final when you don't shoot.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
now, i like the poznan, but i probably wouldn't want to do it two goals down with 10 to go in a final.

Ridders

Coach
Good day, apart from the result. Crowd was great, apart from the SFS members that didn't turn up. March to the stadium was pretty awesome. Not too bummed about the loss and if we were going to lose to anyone, didn't mind it being the Mariners.