What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL 2012/13 CHAMPIONS :: Mariners 2-0 Wanderers @ Allianz

Hyundai A-League 2012/13 champions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Sam

First Grade
If they do get Guangzhou I'll certainly be looking to make the trip up. It's not often you get the chance to see the likes of Lippi and Barrios in Australia.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If they do get Guangzhou I'll certainly be looking to make the trip up. It's not often you get the chance to see the likes of Lippi and Barrios in Australia.

It's a shame games are on weeknights. Flights are cheap enough that I could fly anywhere in China for a weekend game, but no chance I'd be able to get to any place not named Shanghai or Nanjing after work on a weekday.

Big Sam

First Grade
So Lippi, Barrios and co. are in town and I've seen no media coverage for it whatsoever. Shame.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Derp.

Depends where you look.

The Telegraph I don't know but there's plenty of social on it, SMH have been running stuff most of the week.

CCM etc can't force media to run stuff either... and don't forget the ridiculous constraints AFC place on the whole tournament.

Big Sam

First Grade
I was talking more Sky and FSN. I didn't see any highlights from yesterday's presser.

There was a bigger deal made of Zico being in town when Adelaide played Bunyodkor than Lippi.

Haffa

That would have been Adelaide media (and usually Channel 10) doing the leg work and sharing their reports with FSN etc.

I doubt NBN or the Sydney TV could be bothered driving up the Freeway.

Timmah

Staff member
Great game, and for ACL, a damn good crowd. Just short of 9,000 - if I'm not mistaken our best ACL crowd in four campaigns.

Haffa

Not sure any A-League team would have beaten them last night. They looked a completely different team at home.

Sainsbury will anchor the socceroos for the next 15 years if we can get the right manager.

Timmah

Staff member
Certainly didn't disgrace ourselves last night - simply outclassed by a rich, skilled team with plenty of firepower. A couple of occasions I felt we almost had them under the pump - I'll take that.