What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAL R10 :: Sat :: Sydney 3 Central Coast 3 @ SFS

HAL R10 result :: Sydney FC vs Mariners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There is no way CCM were the better side. If they were, they wouldnt have conceded three....

But again, full credit for the comeback. It was a great crowd and, Petrovski's cheating aside, a great spectacle.

What cheating? He was given a yellow you dunce, therefore punished for a foul. Cheating? :lol:

Let's not get into Prentice stomping on Simon :sarcasm:

As for who was the better side, I've never read a dumber statement than the above. You're saying you played better football, and countering me by saying if we were the better side we wouldn't have conceded three... YOU CONCEDED THREE as well. :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
What cheating? He was given a yellow you dunce, therefore punished for a foul. Cheating? :lol:

Falling to ground. Untouched. Trying to get a penalty. Cheat. Thankfully he got busted

Let's not get into Prentice stomping on Simon :sarcasm:

Stomping. Dont be so melodramatic.

As for who was the better side, I've never read a dumber statement than the above. You're saying you played better football, and countering me by saying if we were the better side we wouldn't have conceded three... YOU CONCEDED THREE as well. :lol:

Read the discussion you nonce. It was a reference to first 60 minutes, when you claimed CCM were the better side despite being down 3 nil. 3 nil, means at that point, Sydney didnt concede any. Sydney were clearly better in that first hour and played more attractive, enterprising football.

But, as I said, credit to mariners for the comeback. Giving opposing teams credit seems beyond you in this case.

the better team was the one that was down 3-0 after 59 minutes.

3-0 down and your the better side :lol: :lol:

A draw was a fair result IMO.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he wasn't cheating, why did he receive a yellow card ?

he got busted, cant really argue with that

Timmah

Staff member
He's cheating if he gets away with it. If you're playing it that way, technically every foul in the game is cheating, why is Sasho being singled out here? :?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
SFC played a better counter attack and took the opportunities that arose to them.

Simple as that. That's football - you need to take your chances.

We're just lucky SFC have as much character as a tupperware container.

Timmah

Staff member
That strike in the first half by Bridge was simply incredible... what is it about him, us, and the SFS? :(

fish eel

Immortal
He's cheating if he gets away with it. If you're playing it that way, technically every foul in the game is cheating, why is Sasho being singled out here? :?

So being busted absolves him?

Why is Sasho being singled out? Because diving is a blight on the game and it was one of the most blatant dives seen in the A-League.

Obviously condoned by some sections of Central Coast fans.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm not condoning but cheating isn't the right word. If you want to use that term fine, but it makes every player in the game who concedes any foul a "cheat" by your reckoning, that's my point. I agree diving is a blight on the game and he got penalised and yellow-carded for it. Punished at the time it happened, and rightfully so. What's your point?

fish eel

Immortal
I'm not condoning but cheating isn't the right word. If you want to use that term fine, but it makes every player in the game who concedes any foul a "cheat" by your reckoning, that's my point. I agree diving is a blight on the game and he got penalised and yellow-carded for it. Punished at the time it happened, and rightfully so. What's your point?

My point is Sasho Petrovski is a grub.

And to compare 'every player who concedes any foul' with the act of diving, which is a deliberate and concious act to deceive a referee and penalise your fellow professional is laughable.

Timmah

Staff member
My point is Sasho Petrovski is a grub.

And to compare 'every player who concedes any foul' with the act of diving, which is a deliberate and concious act to deceive a referee and penalise your fellow professional is laughable.

Does the free kick obtained from a diving penalty have anything special about it? Does the free kick get advanced ten metres? No. It's the same as a penalty for any other on-field grub act, a free kick from where it happened.

He got penalised for it, and everyone knows he's a grub. What's your point?

fish eel

Immortal
Does the free kick obtained from a diving penalty have anything special about it? Does the free kick get advanced ten metres? No. It's the same as a penalty for any other on-field grub act, a free kick from where it happened.

1. It wouldn't have been a free kick but a penalty kick. Almost a certain goal.

2. If you dont see the difference between diving in the penalty square to deceive the official into awarding a penalty and a normal foul, then you really do need to watch more football.

Timmah

Staff member
1. It wouldn't have been a free kick but a penalty kick. Almost a certain goal.

2. If you dont see the difference between diving in the penalty square to deceive the official into awarding a penalty and a normal foul, then you really do need to watch more football.
Conversely, I don't think you quite understood what I was getting at.

You labelled the dive "cheating". My point to you is - the dive itself doesn't get penalised any harsher in play than any other foul. I'm not talking about if Sasho had dived successfully, I'm talking about what actually happened. The free kick was taken at the point where Sasho dived am I correct? Same if he charged his opponent, was offside or was studs up. The on-field benefit to the side (Sydney in this case) is no different to what any other foul would be. And by that logic, I am inferring that your claim of "cheat" is misguided, unless you want to label all and sundry in the football world cheats for ever conceding a foul.

fish eel

Immortal
Conversely, I don't think you quite understood what I was getting at.

You labelled the dive "cheating". My point to you is - the dive itself doesn't get penalised any harsher in play than any other foul. I'm not talking about if Sasho had dived successfully, I'm talking about what actually happened. The free kick was taken at the point where Sasho dived am I correct? Same if he charged his opponent, was offside or was studs up. The on-field benefit to the side (Sydney in this case) is no different to what any other foul would be. And by that logic, I am inferring that your claim of "cheat" is misguided, unless you want to label all and sundry in the football world cheats for ever conceding a foul.

You are completely missing the intent behind what he did, which is why I am saying he was cheating. You need to let go of the fact he got booked for it, another night that decision could have gone his way, re Cristiano

If he was offside, and made a rough tackle, neither of those fouls are deliberate attempts to win a penalty by deceiving the referee and effectively 'cheating' your fellow professional.

Show me another act in the game where a player is attempting to get his opposite booked and win a penalty kick? None.

Timmah

Staff member
You are completely missing the intent behind what he did, which is why I am saying he was cheating. You need to let go of the fact he got booked for it, another night that decision could have gone his way, re Cristiano

If he was offside, and made a rough tackle, neither of those fouls are deliberate attempts to win a penalty by deceiving the referee and effectively 'cheating' your fellow professional.

Show me another act in the game where a player is attempting to get his opposite booked and win a penalty kick? None.

I'm not debating the merits of the foul, nor am I denying Sasho is a dirty grub. But the penalty that Sydney received for the dive Sasho did was no different to if he'd charged another player, if he'd gone studs up - it's all just a free kick from the space. I'm merely suggesting that if you wish to call a dive "cheating" then you apply the same terminology to any other foul committed in the game. "Cheating your fellow professional" occurs through any other foul in the game.

Agree to disagree on this one I think.

Dutchy

Immortal
10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg