What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halfback theory

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
One of the cliches of RL is that a team has to have a good 7 to win the comp, tonight i reckon (whilst Tim Smith played well) our halfback was the worst player out of our 17, i didnt say he did badly, he played well infact, just that everyoneelse played alot better comparitively (although it is a bit hard to compare across the 17, but i hope you know what im getting at.) So the question is, can Parra win it this year with Tim Smith in mediocre form? I think so, because we are strong acorss the park, our wingers were close to the best on field today, and in most teams they are just finishers.

Anyone else agree?

Utey

Coach
I think its mainly to do with Brett Finch being in outstanding form.

strider

Post Whore
wow - jess changed her name :lol: (ie the avatar)

he only looked mediocre cos everyone else was bloody good! :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Timmy was OK tonight

one bad kick but he lead the team around well

Eelectrica

Referee
Seems to be if one has an off night, the other steps up.
He good could we be if they both step up? Still plenty of time left for it too happen.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
one thing

With all our offloads tonight we didn't need our halves to do much kicking. This is good because we relied too much on Timmy's kicks to set up our tries

Bazal

Post Whore
I think what Timmy did well tonight was direct the side...his voice was stripped after the game, he'd obviously been yelling his lungs out...Even Finch was acceptable, still our worst but decent enough

Utey

Coach
Bazal said:
Even Finch was acceptable, still our worst but decent enough

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Wraps are due mate. He was awesome tonight.

Eelectrica

Referee
TheParraboy said:
Tim Smith outplayed his opposite ;-)
Yeah true. Tim Smith played well, but maybe not as dominant as he can be. Guess with so many other guys making plays he didn't need too be.

mickdo

Coach
I thought he was very good in defence, and while he had a few poor last tackle options he wasn't bad or anything. Thing was, once we started to hit our straps I think he just went along for the ride because the forwards and back 5 were so dominant.

Bazal

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Wraps are due mate. He was awesome tonight.

Far from it...his defence and running game was good, his options were poor and he gave away some dumb, needless penalties...he was ok, not terrible but certainly not brilliant. Burt played a better half role than he did

Utey

Coach
He did enough. I'm not one for awarding mediocrity but he came in when needed and stayed out when required. I thought he was bloody smart in the plays he came in for. More valuable then many think.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
strider said:
wow - jess changed her name :lol: (ie the avatar)

he only looked mediocre cos everyone else was bloody good! :D

:-S?

i took this from an Article on LU? JessEel has this avatar?

parra pete

Referee
I agree T Smith was probably a 7 rating performer with the others 8. And that is not to swee he had a bad game, just wasn't as prominent.
Wagon didn't seen to get much game time. Chad Robinson played very strongly as did Cannings and Cordoba.
It was a WOW performance from the whole team.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Finch did ok, did what was needed IMO, but i dont agree that it was BECAUSE of him that T Smith didnt do as much, because as someone else said, it was becaus eof the amount of offloads. What i am saying is while T Smith hasnt played bad in recent weeks, he hasnt played out of his skin either, and i think Parra can overcome the unwritten rule in RL that the premiers need a dominant 7 or 6.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Timmy played ok, it's good to see that he doesn't play outstanding and we still score 38 points. Our second phase play was outstanding. And i thought Finchy played his best game off the season, great in defense,scored a try and had a hand in a couple of others. And his kick and chase is great.

The Colonel

Immortal
The halves (Timmy AND Finchy) did what they had to tonight - didn't overplay their hand at all and lead the team around the park beautifully. They had the backline deep and they put the ball where it needed to be - both looked to run the ball as well when they had the ball.

Outside of one kick the kicking game was great - making the Tigers work it out of their own end played a big part in the win.

Kornstar

Coach
Speaking from being at the game, Timmy was keeping himself away from the play, he was barking the orders, however he wasn't doing the work, near the end when we were starting to drop off, he got involved and threw that great ball to Mateo for the try.....

Finch had his best game for the Eels tonight, well done!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Brett Finch had a great game, he also put in some great kicks and passes, best game from him tonight for the year.